Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone.

I've actually been a member here since early 2011, but most of that time was inactive. I did a few challenges back when they were 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks, but I dropped off of the forums after that, only to come back later and repeat.

I've also experimented with a lot of different things to make my life better since then. Since discovering Nerd Fitness, I got out of a bad marriage, reconnected with my family, met somebody new that is wonderful for me, gotten a better job, doubled my salary, moved across country to where I wanted to be, quit smoking, and had a kid. The amount of change in my life has been nothing short of amazing.

But I haven't lost any weight.

I've gone up and down. I did a lot of self experiments, and I learned some things that worked for me. I was able to lose some weight. I was able to gain some energy. I was able to better control a mental illness.

But there was always something more important.

Once I found something that worked, all that I needed to do was stick to it long enough to see the results, right? But I still haven't. Getting a new job was more important. I had a kid, which was extremely important. I got another job. I moved across the country, where my finance has a lot of family, and the environment is better for raising a child. All those things took a lot of hard work and effort, and my health fell by the way side while I prioritized other things.

Today I'm starting over.

I know what works for me. I've done it before and seen results. What I really need to do is prioritize my own health. So I'm starting my weight loss efforts today like it's day one. I'm coming back to this forum like I've never been here before, and I'm starting over. I even changed my username. (I'm using one I used to use when I was younger.. not sure if I'll keep it yet or change it back.)

I wanted to write this as a declaration, and an introduction, and a hello. So, hello.

• Like 1

MyFitnessPalFitocracy | Twitter | Email

Niente è vero, tutto è permesso.

Welcome back! And I quote the answer to your question from the Help-Forum.

Hopefully this helps (have been asked in PM about progress bar when I had it in my signature. I suck at math so I took it out).

You are in control of your progress bar. There is no formula that will 'monitor' your progress for you. However, you have the ability to change the bar (or associated bars) as see fit to reflect your goal.

To get started, you need to select the 'Progress Bar' button when creating a new message/reply/editing signature (wherever you are putting your progress bar or bars). The progress bar button is located on the second row of posting options (Starting with the B I U S). The fourteenth button going right. Sort of looks like a loading bar that is stuck between a dialog box and twitter dialog box.

The prompt window for the progress bar
10z4gpg.jpg

What it looks like in code form
[progress='maroon']50[/progress]
The bar from the code above
50%
50%

Say that I want to change the color of my progress bar and I am at 90% to my goal...
[progress=pink]90[/progress]
90%
90%

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!