Forums are back in action! ×

I joined this site over a year ago and never did anything. I made a few posts but didn't make any changes in my life.  I am in the process of changing my life for the better, and that's starting with a new job and getting in shape.  I am going to start going to the gym on Thursday (I would go tomorrow but I have to wait until I have the money for gas, it was a tight couple of weeks.) I'm not sure where to begin, cardio? free weights? I wish I had the money for a personal trainer. I am going to check into that.

I also want to start eating paleo again. I felt better when I did last time, and I want to make my husband give it a try, too. Can anyone recommend any good paleo meal planning sites?

About me: I am 29, married, and live near Pittsburgh, PA. I work full time in sales, and run a paranormal investigation group.  

~Reanna

I want to try out paleo soon, too. So here are some of the sites, where I was searching for some ideas.

http://paleogrubs.com/paleo-diet-recipes

They have a 14-Day-Paleo-Meal-Plan for weight loss http://paleogrubs.com/paleo-diet-meal-plan

Another meal plan: http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/nutrition/healthy+recipes/week+1+paleo+diet+meal+plan,26300

If you really need a meal plan, you can try out this site. They write, that they over a 14 day test phase. But I'm not sure, if it's worth the money. I don't want somebody else to tell me, what I should eat. But I really enjoy reading cook books so perhaps it's a hassle for you to plan your own meals. Or perhaps I didn't understand you right. At leaast the site has a free recipe center as well.

https://www.paleoplan.com/paleo-meal-plans/

I didn't try them out, so I can't say, if they are good. But perhaps they help you to deside, what you and your husband could eat.

And perhaps you want to join the next challenge in April. IT#s all about making heathy habits for six weeks.

Welcome!

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I have some recipies on my blog (can find the link to it in my signature) also on my pintrest I have a lot (favorites and ideas)

Nom nom paleo

Paleomg

Civilized caveman

Domestic man

stupid easy paleo

It does cost to do it, but 14four by Chris Kresser is a month long paleo reset which comes with recipes and a lot of great support (I was in the beta group and they've made even more great changes since)

Another is 21 day reset from Mark Sisson from Mark's daily apple. It takes you through cleaning out the cabinets and getting into working out... i found it great when I was first starting. I feel like its a little slower transition than the 14four. Depends on if you want a toes in the water or cold turkey approach

21Day_3D_BookcoverB-1.jpg

Also if strict paleo doesnt appeal to you there are different options out there... although mostly paleo I more follow Perfect Health Diet  it just provides more flexibility for me, and actually feel better on it than a more strict paleo. Below is the apple/plate that is the guide they use. They also have good info on supplements and such if you're into that

Food-Plate-600dpi.jpg

I do also want to caution about taking on too much at once. small changes are lasting changes. I can't find it right now but watched a ted talk the other day, and he got in shape (or at least started the habits too) by doing 2 pushups every time he went to the bathroom. Worked his way up to 8 pushups each time.. and now does anywhere between 60-90 push ups a day (he also does them right when he gets up and goes to bed... etc) but even something as simple as that, can start to make changes that will last forever

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

Does your gym offer any classes? I'd start out a few times a week in those- try to make a friend. If you think someone is looking for you or you have fun chatting in between whatever you're doing you're more likely to stick to it. 

Additionally, where did you fall off diet-wise last time? Like the posts mentioned above you could burn yourself out if you decide to change everything all at once. Instead of starting and stopping things that are completely new try to replace something in your diet with a paleo friendly alternative and promise to cook at least 3 paleo dinners to start out- next month bump it up to 5 and replace a new thing throughout the day. By month 5 you should have completely rehauled your diet a little at a time with you barely noticing the changes and not feeling like you're keeping yourself from eating things you want. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both