Forums are back in action! ×

A resolution stuck?!

Hey all! I'm Amy aka Melloki! I'm 25 and a student living at home and working part time. I've had a lot of stress related to college indecision and set backs so I've put on 20lbs in the last five years, which ends up being a lot on my 5'1" frame. At my lightest I was 115 so that's my semi-goal to get back to but I'm more concerned with inches.

I'm newish to NF and brand new to the academy. I discovered it earlier this year when I was trying to peruse my New Years resolution to start working out regularly and lose weight. This site has really made fitness click for me in a way that has never happened before. I actually feel motivated to improve myself just because!

I've been going to the gym fairly consistently 3x week since mid January so I've finally got the habit down. I actually realized this week that I even look forward to it now! I am fortunate that my dad has paid for sessions with a wonderful trainer there who has been really great and supportive for me.

My focus had been on cardio since I started with a couch to 5k running app but now that my endurance is better I've gotten more into incorporating strength routines as well. My goals are to do a 5k and lose the extra floof from above my waistband that's getting a divet from the button...

Since the gym monster is being more easily tamed, my next challenge is just reigning in my eating habits. My dad cooks most nights and usually we have very healthy meals which I don't overeat on, but my problem is when we get take out or eat out, which happens frequently on the weekends when I go to my boyfriend's house, which has a near unusable kitchen due to his family's hoarding problems. If I'm going to have to eat out I need to develop better self control in order to make better choices about it.

Tldr goals:

Run a 5k

Make better food habits

Lose the floof

If anyone would like to add me on other platforms, I'm on MFP as Melloki or fitbit as mellokiv2@gmail.com

• Like 1

Hallo Amy,

I've had a lot of stress related to college indecision and set backs so I've put on 20lbs in the last five years, which ends up being a lot on my 5'1" frame. At my lightest I was 115 so that's my semi-goal to get back to but I'm more concerned with inches.

I gained some weight during college as well. I'm 5'1, too. I understand your troubles a little. At this height you really see every pound. At least, if you have little muscle. I'm glad, you are more concerned about the inches. When I started strength training and cardio, I realised it's much more important to look at the measurements, because the scale can frustrate you a lot. I haven't lost much weight the last few weeks. I weight 139 lbs at the moment. But I'm looking better, since I started my training. So I'm glad, although the scale does't budge much. I'm telling you this, because you can get really frustrated over your weight.

So you joined the Academy. That's cool. What profession do you want to have? What sports do you enjoy? You wrote, that you want to run a 5k, do you enjoy running? Than the Rangers would be good for you. ^^ I'm not in the Academy, so I don't know, how everything worls there. But I'll join the Monks in April, because I'm intrested in HEMA.

And one last question. I saw you are using MFP. What's your calorie goal for the day? I ask this questions, because MFP is making funny decisions regarding our height. I counted my calories else were and added my goals manual.

Welcome! Oh and don't worry about the little error. I reported the other topics to a mod. They will delete the multiposting.

Best wishes! We'll be super fit halflings in a few months. ^^

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Welcome fellow of the height-challenged variety :D 

Have you thought about possibly packing healthy lunch/dinner 'picnics' when you go to the bfs? Maybe make it a fun experience for the both of you to cook and prep for the weekend at your house and then go to his? If you stick to them long enough I've seen that sometimes healthy habits start to rub off on the people around you so maybe if his family sees the awesome things you make in your kitchen it'll be a little motivation to clear off the kitchen so they can do it there!

I also second Luciana, MFP has me at 1200 cals while my IIFYM Macro calc has me at 1588 a day. I usually try to fall somewhere between the two, but am interested to see if anyone else on MFP had number issues (maybe I missed a set up part of just don't know how to use it properly!)

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

So you joined the Academy. That's cool. What profession do you want to have? What sports do you enjoy? You wrote, that you want to run a 5k, do you enjoy running? Than the Rangers would be good for you. ^^ I'm not in the Academy, so I don't know, how everything worls there. But I'll join the Monks in April, because I'm intrested in HEMA.

And one last question. I saw you are using MFP. What's your calorie goal for the day? I ask this questions, because MFP is making funny decisions regarding our height. I counted my calories else were and added my goals manual.

Yes I have found I really enjoy running though I have been confined to a treadmill due to the weather so far. Hopefully now that spring is coming I can find a park nearby to ran at. I joined the Scouts so far but I might go for ranger later if I get into strength training more. The monks look cool too but I can't afford karate lessons [emoji20]

As for MFP, it tried to give me 1200 for sedentary and 1300 for light activity. I've been following the higher one but I feel like it's still low especially now that I'm workout out 4x week now and the other caloric calculators I've tried have me around 1400-1500i so I'll use that as a window to shoot for I think.

• Like 1

As for MFP, it tried to give me 1200 for sedentary and 1300 for light activity. I've been following the higher one but I feel like it's still low especially now that I'm workout out 4x week now and the other caloric calculators I've tried have me around 1400-1500i so I'll use that as a window to shoot for I think.

1400-1500 sounds good for moderate activity at your level. After two weeks if your weightloss is stalling or too slow you can always drop another 100 calories for a new target! Losing weight is about adjusting intake so just have to test some stuff out and see what works for you!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both