Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smite today?

1 hour ago, RandMart said:

Who the fuck keeps viewing the SPAM links?

Y'know that if you hover over the title, you get a preview and you can SEE that it's bullshit, right?

Possibly the people reporting it as spam....?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

Who the fuck keeps viewing the SPAM links?

Y'know that if you hover over the title, you get a preview and you can SEE that it's bullshit, right?

And how in the holy hell do the spammers come up with both ridiculous and plausible thread titles? Are they people or robots? DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Today at 11am I have an appointment with a social worker to find out what help I need.  This is a good thing, I obviously need help and I'm grateful that I'm finally getting it.  What makes me smite is that for the last year I've been saying I need help and getting told that I didn't qualify for any but now that I'm getting better they finally decide I do qualify??? WTF!

Fucktards

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I think the spammers randomly mine phrases from real English posts or emails (god knows where they get them) and run it through software that pastes bits together so it sounds like a phrase someone would say, without actually making any sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if they also had an algorithm that monitors which phrases/words get the most clicks and adapts new posts accordingly.  Before long they'll probably have ad filled fanfics written by Chinese AI, and no one will be able to tell the difference ...

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Today I smite the guy bleeding all over the barbell knurling at the gym yesterday. If you know you are are a deadlift/olympic lift bleeder, wear some damn knee socks or tape your shins! 

What a jerk! If he wanted to share some bodily fluids with you then the least he could do is buy you a coffee first.... :P 

• Like 2

My daughter's nosebleed this morning was a three-cloth nosebleed.  This is coupled with post-viral bronchial scarring that's been going on for six weeks now (HOLY CRAP is her new inhaler expensive!) and another bout of impacted constipation that she neglected to tell us about until it was well past the stage we could easily do something about.

Mostly "smiting" the body that can't give her a break. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I'm smiting my work week.  I think I've figured out why normal people get two days off in a row.  I have one day off twice a week and I don't seem to have enough time to recover.  Although given the way my current jobs are going, I'm not sure I could make it through 5 days of work without a break.  I've always had a problem with that, I feel kind of bad about it.  Am I, like, not cut out to be an adult or what?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raincloak said:

I'm smiting my work week.  I think I've figured out why normal people get two days off in a row.  I have one day off twice a week and I don't seem to have enough time to recover.  Although given the way my current jobs are going, I'm not sure I could make it through 5 days of work without a break.  I've always had a problem with that, I feel kind of bad about it.  Am I, like, not cut out to be an adult or what?

Who are these people cut out to be adults and how to do I become one? 

• Like 1

Smiting my cat for stepping on my alarm clock while I slept, resulting in the alarm going off at 4:30 instead of 6:30. I can normally fall back asleep fairly easily, but not today. Falling asleep was made even more difficult due to said cat waking me up every 10 minutes after 5 AM.

I actually got to bed at a reasonable hour last night, too X( Why is getting an adequate amount of sleep so impossible to do? Gah.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Naxius said:

Smiting my cat for stepping on my alarm clock while I slept, resulting in the alarm going off at 4:30 instead of 6:30. I can normally fall back asleep fairly easily, but not today. Falling asleep was made even more difficult due to said cat waking me up every 10 minutes after 5 AM.

I actually got to bed at a reasonable hour last night, too X( Why is getting an adequate amount of sleep so impossible to do? Gah.

I can relate to that. Except instead of the alarm, it was the cat itself lying on my face at 3:45. Can't tell if she wanted attention or if she was trying to smother me in my sleep..

• Like 2

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

It's hot, work sucked, my car got bruised, I acted less than professional, and I hate everyone.  I wish I had a cute puppy or something to cheer me up, but maybe it's just as well I'm not around anything that has acute hearing and poor bowel control.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raincloak said:

It's hot, work sucked, my car got bruised, I acted less than professional, and I hate everyone.  I wish I had a cute puppy or something to cheer me up, but maybe it's just as well I'm not around anything that has acute hearing and poor bowel control.

Time to visit a pet store, one with kittens, and pet all the things claiming you might want to adopt one. Who knows, you might leave with a ball of fluff. 

• Like 1

Sitting here with a tweaked back muscle...

How you might ask...well you see I had the massive task of moving a shopping cart out of the aisle. Not even fully loaded, maybe 10 items, picked up the back to move it sideways, and my back said "Oh hell no".

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1 hour ago, insanity said:

Sitting here with a tweaked back muscle...

How you might ask...well you see I had the massive task of moving a shopping cart out of the aisle. Not even fully loaded, maybe 10 items, picked up the back to move it sideways, and my back said "Oh hell no".

Boo! It's always the stupid little things that get you screwed up. Hope you feel better soon!

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

40 minutes ago, Liam P Boyle said:

okay, not having a bad day, but just realized the salad kit I got from the grocery store this morning was 500 flippen calories.

Packaged salads are often like that.  If you use less of the dressing/cheese/nuts than the whole package, they are fewer calories.

Want to know a trick?  You can make your own salad kits.  I got a couple of those tiny liquor bottles from the booze hut, refilled with oil and vinegar after, ahem, disposing of the liquor, and now I have tiny bottles of salad dressing to put in my lunch.  Add baby spinach or mixed greens and profit.

(A funnel is helpful when refilling the tiny bottles.  I recommend doing it over the sink and not right after you've consumed the liquor.  It might not work so good with thick creamy dressings, but I don't eat those...)

• Like 1

"How does this feel so familiar..?"

:D

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 09/08/2016 at 5:06 PM, Thrillho said:

My daughter's nosebleed this morning was a three-cloth nosebleed.  This is coupled with post-viral bronchial scarring that's been going on for six weeks now (HOLY CRAP is her new inhaler expensive!) and another bout of impacted constipation that she neglected to tell us about until it was well past the stage we could easily do something about.

Mostly "smiting" the body that can't give her a break. 

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Thrillho, that sucks. :( 

And where's my fricking princess-ninja book damn you!!!! :angry: 

8 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Thrillho, that sucks. :( 

And where's my fricking princess-ninja book damn you!!!! :angry: 

I guess that's another smite?

I have finally gotten an agreement for all of the Princess Ninja art to be finished by the end of September.  I am going to start text formatting at the beginning of September and take that out of the artist's hands. After that, say a week or two of dealing with the printers, and I should have actual copies ready to go sometime in early November.  This whole thing has kind of drained my soul along with any incentive to actually produce children's books again, though that may just be because I didn't hire a professional artist.  I hired a SKILLED artist, but a skilled artist who also happens to be a lawyer who is going through a divorce right now.  I think I owe all of my backers a bonus copy just because this has gone on for so ridiculously long.

However...

pn1_zpsv4ufeab7.jpg

pn2_zpsnlq8dfgk.jpg

pn4_zpsynxx2qqt.jpg

• Like 6

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

On 8/16/2016 at 3:14 PM, Raincloak said:

Packaged salads are often like that.  If you use less of the dressing/cheese/nuts than the whole package, they are fewer calories.

Want to know a trick?  You can make your own salad kits.  I got a couple of those tiny liquor bottles from the booze hut, refilled with oil and vinegar after, ahem, disposing of the liquor, and now I have tiny bottles of salad dressing to put in my lunch.  Add baby spinach or mixed greens and profit.

(A funnel is helpful when refilling the tiny bottles.  I recommend doing it over the sink and not right after you've consumed the liquor.  It might not work so good with thick creamy dressings, but I don't eat those...)

On 8/16/2016 at 3:16 PM, Liam P Boyle said:

Having just started on this path, I haven't had much time to setup things like that, but thanks for the pro-tip.

Extra pro-tip. If you take any prescription medications the bottles are water-proof. Just double check the ones from your pharmacy first. (Test with water.) They are the perfect size typically for salad dressing. I haven't done this in a while, but I used to use them for this. They are easier to clean than most things and if you don't feel like it, they are disposable. 

• Like 2