Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smite today?

That in Finnish legislation there is a different concept for 'rape' and 'severe rape'. Like.. It wasn't bad enough the first time 'round?

Like telling her, or him

'oh, yours wasn't that bad.'

And the sentence is just parole for about 3rd of the sentences.

Who the hell writes this shit?!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

2 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

That in Finnish legislation there is a different concept for 'rape' and 'severe rape'. Like.. It wasn't bad enough the first time 'round?

Like telling her, or him

'oh, yours wasn't that bad.'

And the sentence is just parole for about 3rd of the sentences.

Who the hell writes this shit?!

People living in Ivory Towers with glass roofs.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

5 hours ago, RandMart said:

Watching "Jupiter: Close Encounter" on Science Channel, sponsored by ... BOEING?!!!

Um, WE built that!!!

Lockheed Martin marketing people suck; put up some fucking money and by some fucking ad time ... maybe if we show people the AWESOME science stuff we do, they will forget about F-22s & F-35s

Sorry dude. That sucks. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I have a student who doesn't want to be corrected. Their logic: they will never learn to speak properly if I interrupt them (fair enough), but once the whole sentence is out, I should be able to correct it, right? Haha no. It doesn't matter that the sentence is accurate or makes sense at all. It only matters that it was finished. (not!)

By far the dumbest student I've had. Having a hard time understanding how a different language works is understandable. Having a hard time understanding the fact that a different language works differently? Not so much. And this is an adult, if you were worried that I was picking on a kid.

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

2 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

By far the dumbest student I've had. Having a hard time understanding how a different language works is understandable. Having a hard time understanding the fact that a different language works differently? Not so much. And this is an adult, if you were worried that I was picking on a kid.

Ouch! Man that kind of stupid hurts! I'm assuming that this person is paying to attend this class? Dipshit!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

3 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Ouch! Man that kind of stupid hurts! I'm assuming that this person is paying to attend this class? Dipshit!

Actually, they're a government employee and the government is paying for it. I have an increasing suspicion that this person has been dumped here because they can't be fired (Canadian federal government is notorious for employee protection) and they don't want to put up with them at work.

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

5 hours ago, RandMart said:

People

If you're not reading and replying to the "What Made You Smile Today?" thread every day

What is your fucking problem?

Jeez..  Maybe it could be that I don't happen to feel like fucking smiling all that often?

What kind of a question is that?

(Seriously, I don't pay attention to things that make me smile.

But who does that? I might even be.. *gasp* happier.

Yeah.. Better not.)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

I would like to smite everyone who thinks it's okay to shoot at people because they wear a uniform and work for the government and therefore they must not be real people.

I mean, I have to wear a fucking uniform to do my thing for the animal shelter, and I'm not even allowed to have weapons and armor.  (Conflict training?  Haha, what's that?)  If I ring the doorbell and you decide to exercise your fucking "2nd Amendment rights" when you answer the door, I am going to die and there's nothing I can do about it.

Not fair.

fuck.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

16 hours ago, Raincloak said:

I would like to smite everyone who thinks it's okay to shoot at people because they wear a uniform and work for the government and therefore they must not be real people.

I mean, I have to wear a fucking uniform to do my thing for the animal shelter, and I'm not even allowed to have weapons and armor.  (Conflict training?  Haha, what's that?)  If I ring the doorbell and you decide to exercise your fucking "2nd Amendment rights" when you answer the door, I am going to die and there's nothing I can do about it.

Not fair.

fuck.

16 hours ago, Raincloak said:

I woke up indoors, in one piece, and had enough to eat.  Not thinking up anything else real smiley today.  Still, it's a start.

:blink: Has someone threatened to shoot you? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions,

but all of that.. doesn't sound too good.

Bad things going on?

No one has specifically threatened me in particular, thank God.  If they had, I'd be taking steps to protect myself.

Yes something bad is going on.  Very bad indeed.  There's been a spate of shootings at uniformed officers across the country this week, including some piece of shit in Dallas who took a sniper rifle to a peace protest and used it to murder several cops.  If that was one incident I wouldn't worry, but it keeps happening.

Part of my job involves going to people's homes and ringing their doorbells and talking to them.  Because of our community's sick obsession with firearms, I never know who's going to answer my visit with bullets ripping holes in my face.  So far, nobody has pointed a gun at me at work, but people have certainly screamed and acted threatening.  There is a strong "anti-government" climate here right now and that doesn't mix well with guns.  Hell, if they were waving the weapon around and it went off "by accident," I'd be just as dead.  In this country there are no real requirements for sanity, safety training, accurate vision, or knowledge of how to operate a gun.  Anyone with the cash can get one.  And every year, 30,000 people die from them.

I purposely cultivate a cute, innocent appearance to minimize hostility at work.  But there's really no telling what a gundamentalist will do.  It makes me scared, and very pissed off.  I don't fear the dogs I deal with.  I don't fear knives or clubs or people hitting me; those I can deal with.  I do fear getting shot, because I have no power at all to deal with that.

oh, and did I mention my twin brother is a cop?  He's putting in a lot of overtime this week.  The fools who might shoot at me for telling them to get a dog license are far, far more likely to shoot at him for actually enforcing the law.  He does have armor, weapons and a partner, but that's not going to save him from a lot of the shit out there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Sorry to hear this @Raincloak :( 

This world is fucked up, who wants to run away and live in a tree house?

Depends on where, here they might force you to take it down... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I guess it's one thing our Govt did right. Tighten gun laws and make it twice as difficult to get a gun licence, which you need to purchase any type of hand gun or rifle. Automatic weapons are now illegal and hand guns are only allowed to be purchased if you have a licence and a permit of membership to a registered gun club.

Doesn't stop idiots going underground and black market, people still get shot but no where near 30 000 a year.

Tree house? I'm in! 

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

23 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Sorry to hear this @Raincloak :( 

This world is fucked up, who wants to run away and live in a tree house?

i love tree houses.  But I'm kind of attached to medical care and hot running water.  Which means there's nothing to do but put on my uniform, go back to work, pay off the capitalist overlords, and maintain my devious "responsible adult" cover act.  Somebody has to adult or we're all utterly screwed.

People were pretty nice to me yesterday at work, which made me feel a lot better.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, Basement Cat said:

Which language? In one of my language courses in college, the final had to be thrown out because I was only one of two students in the class who could properly identify and define a pronoun, predicate, adverb, and so on. The scary part was that the class was aimed at 3rd and 4th year students... and the final was in English.

I have a student who doesn't want to be corrected. Their logic: they will never learn to speak properly if I interrupt them (fair enough), but once the whole sentence is out, I should be able to correct it, right? Haha no. It doesn't matter that the sentence is accurate or makes sense at all. It only matters that it was finished. (not!)

6 hours ago, Kage said:

Which language? In one of my language courses in college, the final had to be thrown out because I was only one of two students in the class who could properly identify and define a pronoun, predicate, adverb, and so on. The scary part was that the class was aimed at 3rd and 4th year students... and the final was in English.

English speaker learning French. The two languages have a ton of similarities, so it's not as difficult as learning, say, Chinese, which has a different writing style, different notions of time and such.

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

It's amazing the way he's being attacked for just voicing an opinion. 

"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED AN OPINION UNLESS ITS THE SAME AS OURS!!!!!" Assholes!

Whatever is right or wrong you still need to respect that other people are entitled to voice their opinion on the subject. 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2016 at 7:42 AM, Guzzi said:

It's amazing the way he's being attacked for just voicing an opinion. 

"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED AN OPINION UNLESS ITS THE SAME AS OURS!!!!!" Assholes!

Whatever is right or wrong you still need to respect that other people are entitled to voice their opinion on the subject. 

But don't you realise that people with different opinions are obviously idiots who don't understand human nature and are unable to see the bigger issues? :P

• Like 4

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

"You guys did it here in one fell swoop and I wish that could happen in my country, but it's such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly," Damon said in Sydney.

"We just can't."

And what happens next? Exactly. Point proven. :D

I wonder what's the widespread opinion?

Is it just a vocal minority bashing him?

• Like 1

Is there a vocal minority on anti gun reform in the USA?

It took one psycho to go on a shooting spree to reform our laws. He killed less people than some of your school shooters and we got scared, but it proved to be a good thing, in the long run, I like to think the victims did not lose their lives for nothing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/15/it-took-one-massacre-how-australia-made-gun-control-happen-after-port-arthur

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/04/28/port-arthur-gun-reform_n_9717980.html

We own guns, several rifles, we are responsible for them and their use. We cannot keep them in our bed head, we cannot keep them by the front door, but we have the right to use them for sport. So I am not anti gun at all, just anti idiots with guns.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

4 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Is there a vocal minority on anti gun reform in the USA?

I suggest that the ones wanting further restrictions on guns are in fact the vocal minority. Otherwise things would have changed by now.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath