Forums are back in action! ×

Hey nerds and nerdettes!  28 year old guy in Florida here.  Just joined the Nerd Fitness Academy today and the forums are much more poppin' over here on the freebie side so I figured I'd introduce myself here as well.  Meeting cool peeps who can quote Firefly and build robots and also lift very heavy things is pretty dope so say hello and we will start there.  

Here's a picture of me as a bear with crazy eyes to break the ice :)

2w4RDXC.jpg

SØREN RØMER

Lvl 0 Human ranger

"it's kind of fun to do the impossible."

-Walt Disney

Welcome! That's a nice costume ^^

Do you have some other goals than lifting heavy? I'm asking because you didn't join the warriors.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I have focused on primarily heavy lifting in the past and I end up neglecting performance and flexibility. Being well rounded, I think, will be more sustainable as a lifestyle change. Plus I always pick Rangers in games. This means I can pick a beast companion right? :P

SØREN RØMER

Lvl 0 Human ranger

-Walt Disney

Nothing breaks the ice quite like a bear costume. Can I ask what that particular attire was for? I won't say that I'll judge you if that's just something you're in to. Well....I won't *say* it at least....

Anyways, welcome to this side of Nerd Fitness! You'll have to let me know how you like the Academy. I've been considering it, but money is tight and the free forums have worked well for me so far. I haven't had the opportunity to talk to many folks who pay for the program!

Level 3: Wood Elf, Assassin

| STR: 5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 3 | CON: 7 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3 |

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

League of Extraordinary Nerds

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

I was a Barbaloot for a Dr Seuss movie screening. The Academy is great. I can tell it's a new product because the development isn't animated much. It feels a little dated. It is definitely giving my a clear path and motivation though. I love checking off quests and gaining xp and then seeing it live in my progress bar. Consider joining and choosing a class to level up.

SØREN RØMER

Lvl 0 Human ranger

-Walt Disney