Forums are back in action! ×

Open PvP - 13th July - Rangers vs TheWorld - 7 min Burpee AMRAP

Okay.  The Challenge date is July 13, entries are accepted from July 7 to July 13, and I am out of town from July 2 to July 11.  I might get a video taken on July 1 if that is acceptable.  It is not very likely that I will get a video done while out of town.  That means I would have to do it July 13 - and try to behave at the Calgary Stampede and say no to a lot of treats while my friend and relatives try to stuff me silly.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Yep, that's the one.

No need to video it, we'll work on the honor system :) Of course if anyone wants to vid and post that's cool too.

Oh, thank the Gods.  I didn't particularly want to rig up a camera or my phone to take video.  That sounds like even more work than the burpees!

How are people preparing?  Is anyone doing a dry run or two in the weeks preceding the actual PvP?

tumblr_mbw2xpAsch1r95jeco1_400.gif

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

My ears were ringing. I better have this checked out.

Anyway, one more mention of the name...

I'm in.

I already mentioned your name because I saw elsewhere you have a killer 7-minute total.

No need to video it, we'll work on the honor system  :) Of course if anyone wants to vid and post that's cool too.

The six-inch / 15 cm target is the hard part.  For me that would be an 8-foot ceiling, but if I tag it hundreds of time, there will be ceiling popcorn all over the floor.  So I tag it on the last rep as a QC check.

I can have a buddy make a video and yell at me while I do it.

How are people preparing?  Is anyone doing a dry run or two in the weeks preceding the actual PvP?

Apparently, Burpees have become my 6-Week Challenge.  I am tempted to post a video (on my Challenge thread) and get strategy advice.  What I can see so far is:

1. Get on the floor using as little energy as possible.

2. Get up on the floor using as little energy as possible.  It helps if you can bounce.

3. Jump to exactly the minimum height as required.

4. Then it comes down to improving your VO2MAX.

The other strategy thing I can think of is to break the mental barrier of taking breaks after sets of ten and just grind through them.  I think as soon as I learn to do that, my time will explode.

I tried to get other Warriors to join this Challenge, but if I am alone, then I will strive to represent the Warriors guild with honor.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

Nope! Just gonna burpee my little tail off when the time comes.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Currently looking for ideas on how to hang something 6-inches above my reach in the apartment.

Tape a ruler to something like a wall or something. Just don't smack it down.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Currently looking for ideas on how to hang something 6-inches above my reach in the apartment.

Easiest way I think is to measure on a wall and put a piece of painters tape there then burpee next to the wall and tap it each rep. Above a door frame might be a good spot too.

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

If a hanging ring is good enough for Katie Hogan, it's good enough for me. Plus that's what I used for 13.1, so I think I'll stick with that for this challenge.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

If a hanging ring is good enough for Katie Hogan, it's good enough for me. Plus that's what I used for 13.1, so I think I'll stick with that for this challenge.

I find myself biased towards the video as Katie and Boz were both in my Level 1.

• Like 1

Oh, thank the Gods.  I didn't particularly want to rig up a camera or my phone to take video.  That sounds like even more work than the burpees!

tumblr_mbw2xpAsch1r95jeco1_400.gif

I'm not worried about my conditioning, but I need to get an efficient movement down.  Right now the plan is to grease the groove with sets of 5 when I do my chin ups.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I  think I'll probably bash off my burpees during Open Gym, that way I can snag a ring for quality control.

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I  think I'll probably bash off my burpees during Open Gym, that way I can snag a ring for quality control.

Crowd encouragement will also definitely get you some extra reps ;)

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

There is a signup sheet on Page 1.

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

Just got my baseline; 67 without a target height.

I plan on using the box I go to for accomplishing the PvP and hope to get a video as well. Definitely going to use my (now) new NF gear to help motivate me through another 7 minutes of that when it comes time.

Good luck all! ((This is not for the weak of heart, mind, body, our soul....it will devour all!!))

• Like 2

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

i've got no baseline. guess i should probably do that. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

All I have for a baseline is my time for 100 burpees without a target...and that was over a year ago, so we'll just have to see how this goes. I feel like that 6-inch target will make a big difference.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Someone go toss the Scouts some friendly trash talk. I'm sure we can at least get one to join up.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Just got my baseline; 67 without a target height.

Finally tested baseline, so I'll throw my hat in the ring.  67, with lots of room for form improvement.

Identical?

Lots of room for improvement?  What I have been finding after two weeks is the newbie gains are coming quickly!

All I have for a baseline is my time for 100 burpees without a target...and that was over a year ago, so we'll just have to see how this goes. I feel like that 6-inch target will make a big difference.

I do mine without a target.  At home, my target is an 8-foot ceiling.  I just don't want the popcorn coming down on the carpet.  Recently I have been in the habit of tagging it on the last rep of a set as a QC measure.  I agree that it will make some difference because now the arms have to go up and touch something.  Otherwise, I can just clap them in front of me.  (Which is not really proper form, but clapping them overhead might hit the said ceiling.)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP