Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there fellow rebels!

I'm not often here on the message boards, more in the Facebook group, but I'm posting here for the 6-weeks-challenges, so I thought I should introduce myself here also.

I'm Jaana, living in France and I'm 27 years old.

I'm a graphic designer, artist and I work with horses (as you can see in my profile pic).

Today I posted the following to Facebook:

Here is a before-after picture of mine. Do you see any difference? I haven't lost much weight (12 kgs) in the last year because as my mother died in October, I gained some back. Yesterday was the day one year ago, where I decided to try out paleo and follow the advices I read on Nerdfitness. Some months later I joined the academy. I'm still on this and everything. I learned to maintain my weight and I'm really proud, even though the weight loss has not been really drastic. But I already fit in my pants 1-2 sizes smaller :)

Thank you Nerdfitness for all the support you give!

Jaana

post-30010-0-09771500-1433849518_thumb.j

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

erm, I could not understand what you wrote below I'm afraid, are you finnish? Because my name is but I am German/French so ...

Paleo felt wonderful from the first day on. This is why I keep to it. Because the moment I took the decision to try it, my whole body started to feel better! :)

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

guten tag! i supposed you'd be a finn as jaana is name only used by finns. there was like a one choice and i still guessed wrong!

if the paleo works for you, keep it! i must raise my hat to you for managing to keep a diet for that long. i started a new "diet" week ago and i'm cracking already. i wake up at nights because i dream of hamburgers :D do you count calories?

• Like 1

so, there's 2 things:

I mostly do paleo - that doesn't mean that I'm able to stick to it each and every meal. It's really chaotic sometimes!!! ;) But I always get back to it and I found it to be just nearly always what I really craved for. So, for example, tonight we made Pizza over at our family's. Pizza is my absolute cryptonite if I may use that word. If there's Pizza around not only won't I be able to resist but also will I eat without limits - loosing total control. I decided to tackle this beast. Last times I tried out different paleo pizza versions: with egg dough, cauliflower dough etc. Tonight I tried Meatza (make the dough out of corned beef mostly) and even though I had a slip over to the normal Pizza, I felt more full and content than if I would have eaten the standard pizza.

Second: yes, I count calories (especially because I'm doing the 6-weeks-challenge and it's one of my quests) because I found out that it helps me cope with those times I have a slip in my diet: I can get it back into control!!!! Meaning I learned to be honest to myself and build up a certain discipline. So, back to the pizza tonight: yes, today I'm a little over my calorie goal for the day (1900) but I did not loose control - this is my win :)

For the name: my mother had a finnish friend before I was born and she named me after it. It's true, I never met anybody with the same name in the countries I visited in my life (Finland was not one of then - but maybe one day ... ;) ).

It's been tough but I have to admit it - although Paleo diet really is my thing - I agree with NF-Philosophy that to change a diet, it is more simple and more sustainable to do it slowly, step by step, than going cold turkey. But mostly I think it's about learning, what suits oneself.

What diet did you start?

• Like 1

i just simply cutted of carbs and fats and added protein. i'm around 2500 calories daily. but i had gotten used to into eating 4500-6000 calories daily and i'm quitting nicotine at the same time. so it's mostly mental ache for everything that feels good. best thing in new diets is that when your mouth gets used to the food, it starts feeling good and tasting good. if you can go three to four weeks without taking anything that isn't on your menu now, the craving should start to disappear. ( sadly i haven't noticed this yet :D)

• Like 1