Forums are back in action! ×

NF Star Wars Fans (Force Awakens spoilers inside)

I've been playing the TIE Fighter video game.  Took some jiggering, since it dates to the mid-'90s, but it's refreshing to see a storyline without any of that "prequel" crap in it.  And, oh yeah, guest starring Thrawn.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

TIE Fighter was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

TIE Fighter was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right.  I have fond memories of playing it as a kid, which is why I dug it out from the compost heap of the Interwebs (incidentally Gog and Steam have it), and I'm enjoying the "collector's edition" which has extra voices and some extra content I never saw before.

you know what?  20 bleeping years later, it's still a damn good game.  I wonder if there's any fan mods for it.

• Like 1

I've been playing the TIE Fighter video game.  Took some jiggering, since it dates to the mid-'90s, but it's refreshing to see a storyline without any of that "prequel" crap in it.  And, oh yeah, guest starring Thrawn.

Hell yea!  I loved the TIE Fighter game.  Believe it or not, I still have it on 3.5 inch floppy disk!  Now if only I could find a damn floppy drive to install it from.......

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I know right.  I have fond memories of playing it as a kid, which is why I dug it out from the compost heap of the Interwebs (incidentally Gog and Steam have it), and I'm enjoying the "collector's edition" which has extra voices and some extra content I never saw before.

you know what?  20 bleeping years later, it's still a damn good game.  I wonder if there's any fan mods for it.

It's the first flight sim I ever played completely with a joystick.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Check out "Good Old Games" they have a DRM free download of X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, and the third one, Alliance I think

• Like 1

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

... and of course as soon as I said that, a couple of bugs turn up which make it really hard to progress.  Like ... the command to call for reinforcements doesn't work.  Can't figure out why, all the other wingmen commands work.  it's fine unless you happen to be doing that one mission where your wingmen betray you and you NEED reinforcements to live....

This is not a spoiler, but it does put forth a very interesting theory about the end of Return of the Jedi and how it may spill over into The Force Awakens.  Don't read it if you're trying to avoid ideas about the new movie.

https://medium.com/cinenation-show/luke-skywalker-sith-lord-f8a11072f246#.u7kq1p76j

Didn't read, but it brings up an interesting topic for me. I'm currently in the mind set that I can intake all the official material (books, tv shows, movies) and form my own theories, but do not want to read anyone else's that may be smarter than me and "spoil" the plots that I don't think of that end up actually happening. What's everyone else's approach?

500 / 330 / 625

Didn't read, but it brings up an interesting topic for me. I'm currently in the mind set that I can intake all the official material (books, tv shows, movies) and form my own theories, but do not want to read anyone else's that may be smarter than me and "spoil" the plots that I don't think of that end up actually happening. What's everyone else's approach?

Cautious cherry-picking. I haven't really dove much into the material (because I haven't gotten my lazy butt to the comic book store in the past month), and I'm cautious and picky about other sources I read. The only website I keep up with is Club Jade; they warn you beforehand what's rumors, what's spoilers, and so on. I've only read two, just out of curiosity, but have avoided much of anything else. Though, I have been pushing my luck on spoilers more for Rebels, not the movie itself. It's a little more fun, and there's not as much wait time to actually see what happens.

This is not a spoiler, but it does put forth a very interesting theory about the end of Return of the Jedi and how it may spill over into The Force Awakens.  Don't read it if you're trying to avoid ideas about the new movie.

https://medium.com/cinenation-show/luke-skywalker-sith-lord-f8a11072f246#.u7kq1p76j

I don't buy it, for a few reasons. I do think elements of this theory will come into play as to why we haven't seen Luke in anything official.

My personal approach is that I'll read/watch anything official - these guys have a plan and I doubt they'll be letting slip anything I don't want to know/see.

I cherry pick what fan theories I read based on the title but I won't look at any leaked set picks/concept art after having elements of Kylo Ren's character spoiled a while ago.

• Like 1

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

You guys are so much more disciplined than I am.  Maybe it's cause I'm old and have been into Star Wars since I saw an article in my "Weekly Reader" in fifth grade (LOL).  I've been hooked ever since.  I'm limiting my "canon' sources to the adult novels, the original movies and "Rebels" - but unfortunately I can't help myself reading theories and watching YouTube videos.  I just can't wait for this movie!!  It's like the rest of the movie-world doesn't even exist right now.  There's only 1 movie I want to see (and see again and again and again...).

• Like 2

Three Two Seven

Irving, TX

I'm a big SW fan, I just built a new PC specifically to play Battlefront, pre-ordered and counting the days until release (17 Nov). The Beta was awesome.

Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema, I was 7 years old and it left a big impression on me. Had some of the toys (original Millenium Falcon still at my parents house!) and used to spend all my pocket money on collecting figures. I loved Chewy and R2 :)

I've booked a day off work and got gold class tickets for a matinee on the 17th Dec. Trying really hard not to see anything to do with it before release, haven't even watched the trailer or anything, I want it to be a big surprise. I've actually had the fears that I might die before release date and not get to see it, that's how badly I want it :lol:

@BareFootDawsy this thread was built for you ;)

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You find some awesome threads around here sometimes.

Saw ANH half a dozen times at ten years old. Hook, line and sinker, enough so that I took my oldest son out of school to see Ep I when it came out. He forgives me.

I'm taking my entire family - gf, all five kids and at least two of their SO's - to Ep VII opening night. We would all be seeing the Ep I-VII marathon if I could afford it.

• Like 3

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

I got a ticket for 10pm Thursday night and just yesterday convinced my parents to go to the 21+ theatre on Friday with me to watch it again!  haha.  Nothing better than a leather recliner, good meal, and a beer during the movie on the big screen! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I got a ticket for 10pm Thursday night and just yesterday convinced my parents to go to the 21+ theatre on Friday with me to watch it again!  haha.  Nothing better than a leather recliner, good meal, and a beer during the movie on the big screen! 

I need to find one of these.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Continuing on with the Machete order tonight with episode 2.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625