Forums are back in action! ×

One thing I've always appreciated about NaNoWriMo is that it's an exercise in just letting go and writing. The words don't have to be perfect. They might not even make sense sometimes. But fixing all that is for later. This, NaNoWriMo, is for breathing some life into your idea and putting it into words.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Ooh, I'm a writer... Sadly I had to reinstall Windows and lost my novel!

Here's my attempt at getting it back: "Daniel was overwhelmed and threw up". Er... yeah.

Quick run-down of my novel, for anybody who's interested: 

Daniel Kincart is a 20-year-old who lived an extremely sheltered childhood due to the confines imposed by his family, in a suburb of the tiny Scottish Highland city, Inverness. (I'm thinking maybe Beauly.) Once given the chance, he travels to London to live with an aunt whom he was never allowed contact with. On the journey, his chronic illness makes its first appearance. He's in masses of denial over it.  

That's the basic premise. I was going to do it for NaNoWriMo but have decided to try to get it published instead.

• Like 3

Dominic | (Trans) Male | 19

Current Quest: ???

5'2" | 106lbs | BF% ???

Well, depending how much you had it written already, visiting an IT shop could be useful? (It might get expensive, though.)

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 10/23/2016 at 5:53 AM, Weakling said:

Ooh, I'm a writer... Sadly I had to reinstall Windows and lost my novel!

Ugh, I hate when things happen like that. Hope you are able to work it out, I personally would make it into the NaNo project but that's just me.

This will be my 6th NaNoWriMo, I have been able to win 3 times. Never finished any of the novels, and I tend to have the issue of NaNo>work/school. Hoping to try to work on turning around those ideas so I can try to continue writing at least through the first draft xD

• Like 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

Splendid, how many gold to join the Guild please?

I'm a would-be speculative fiction writer, currently re-learning my writing process after some huge life changes altered the way I approach creativity completely. Practising on long-form fan fiction while I get the hang of the "sit down and write" method, then planning to level up to working on a real, publishable novel.

Incidentally if anyone is interested in beta-reading either BBC Musketeers or Captain America fanfic, please PM me!

• Like 2

Level 1 Fey Druid STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

|| Journal ||

1 hour ago, Weakling said:

Trying to get something or other, some kind of short story thing, down today. Not getting very far. Trying and trying but just not making it.

You could try approaching it from a different angle. Are you having trouble with the story idea or the writing process? If it's the former, maybe change the POV. The latter, maybe make an outline using index cards. Even just changing where/how you're sitting could help you focus better.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Just now, zeroh13 said:

You could try approaching it from a different angle. Are you having trouble with the story idea or the writing process? If it's the former, maybe change the POV. The latter, maybe make an outline using index cards. Even just changing where/how you're sitting could help you focus better.

I have my characters and scenario down - the problem tends to be the fuzz in my head. It's improved with medication, but I never can seem to fully wake up.

Dominic | (Trans) Male | 19

Current Quest: ???

5'2" | 106lbs | BF% ???

26 minutes ago, Weakling said:

I have my characters and scenario down - the problem tends to be the fuzz in my head. It's improved with medication, but I never can seem to fully wake up.

Totally understand this! Keep on trucking through, to get that first draft down! (Right it's your first draft?)

• Like 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

I am somewhat panicking regarding NaNo... I have too many things to write and not enough inspiration aimed in any particular direction to choose.  AUGH.

On the other hand, if anyone remembers me going on about this a couple years ago, Princess Ninja is going to printing this weekend.

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I got a couple (more or less finished) pieces I'd like eyes on ^-^ They're responses to writing prompts,

and I'm pretty jittery right now, abitnervousbutIdon'tthinkitshows.

*hastily nudges pieces of paper into your direction*

92. Colors: Auburn, Denim, Robin egg blue

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1spXL53e9yaUl7aB6mmXoRgSqWJs2wxsbtErlBhAzP5k/edit?usp=sharing

32. Verb/action: fighting (part 1)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eBaqagO67535j3JAjqOktvToXHdiNtXX4W4DXpFMT3k/edit?usp=sharing

(A heads up in that Minnie is trying to jump off the Golden gate bridge :( so suicide features heavily.

Oh, and the dotted lines mean POV-changes, or at the start, a long discussion cut short).

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I'm hoping to "win" this Nano because I've never have yet.

• Like 1

http://scrawlcreatelive.tumblr.com

@scrawlingwriter- Twitter Scrawlingwriter- Instagram Scrawlingwriter. Com

Current Challenge:http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71377-The-ABCs-of-Hogwarts-School-of-Witchcraft-and-Wizardry

Lvl. 4 Assassin

STR =3.50 DEX =4.75 STA=5.00

CON =2.55 WIS =5.00 CHA=1.50

Morning Everyone,

I'm new here, and just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a physical therapist in RL & a Ranger here :).  Had a lot of random life experiences and hope to get to know everyone eventually, but also excited about doing a bit of fictional writing as I develop & build my character.  Have a good one!

• Like 1

Ranger Level 6 / Epic Level 1

Goal Epic Quests

Writing = Plan to Write a detailed story 1 to 2x a week with a Description of what I did in the liner afterwards

My Adventure =  Start | 

On 11/25/2016 at 8:13 AM, Leberus said:

Morning Everyone,

I'm new here, and just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a physical therapist in RL & a Ranger here :).  Had a lot of random life experiences and hope to get to know everyone eventually, but also excited about doing a bit of fictional writing as I develop & build my character.  Have a good one!

Welcome to NF and the Writer's Guild!  Glad to have ya! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™