Forums are back in action! ×

Relationship Struggles (Not Sure If This Is where I Should Put This)

627d44cba118e487215a4ed3a882e5e7.jpg

This picture always seems to resonate with me because - well - it's hard to explain, but I'll try.

I wish that I would meet a girl who would see past all the pain, scars, and anxiety I have. I wish that I would meet a girl who would see past all of the defensive walls I put up when things start to look up.

You see, I met someone - someone I really am starting to like and I can feel those defenses coming up again. Those feelings of "wanting" to push her away. I don't really want to push her away, but I start to do these things anyways. I know it's because I'm scared of getting hurt again. I know it's my fault, but I don't know how to fix it. 

All my friends say I'm a great guy - kind, intelligent, funny, and that I'll find someone. But here I sit, the most confident I've been in my life, after a night of insomnia because I'm terrified that I'm going to push her away again.  When will someone stop seeing the Hulk and start seeing Bruce Banner? When will I stop seeing the Hulk and start seeing Bruce Banner?

• Like 3

Level 1 Druid

"The night is long and the path is dark. Look to the sky for one day soon the dawn will come."

My Nerd Fitness Character

Current Challenge: New Year; New Kronos

*hugs*

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I don't know why this post affected me so much. 

It's so upsetting to me to know that there are people who've been so emotionally beat up that they're afraid to try living again. Not only that but you actually believe it's your own fault.

I have no advice for you relationship-wise as I can't even keep a goldfish around for long, but I can tell you that you need to start treating yourself like that girl is treating her big green friend.

We all have scars and issues, they're an occupational hazard of being human. It'll all work out fine.

• Like 1
On July 26, 2016 at 9:47 PM, ThisMissisup2nogood said:

I don't know why this post affected me so much. 

It's so upsetting to me to know that there are people who've been so emotionally beat up that they're afraid to try living again. Not only that but you actually believe it's your own fault.

I have no advice for you relationship-wise as I can't even keep a goldfish around for long, but I can tell you that you need to start treating yourself like that girl is treating her big green friend.

We all have scars and issues, they're an occupational hazard of being human. It'll all work out fine.

Thanks for this - I didn't say that when you posted it, but I really do.  And I do believe it is my fault :(

Good news is things are getting better I think. I'm talking to this young lady and I've not freaked out yet. I've not run away either. I'm still scared, but I'm doing it. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

"The night is long and the path is dark. Look to the sky for one day soon the dawn will come."

My Nerd Fitness Character

Current Challenge: New Year; New Kronos