Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Listening to tunes while working, youtube throws modern black metal at me... dunno what it is, but it makes me laugh. i see that as a good sign.

[edit].. ok , scratch that... the vocals... definitely the vocals. like a teenage boy who got his hand caught in the car door. repeatedly. ahh... what a find.... richard pryor, eddie murphy, george carlin, bill hicks, monty phyton, eddy izzard, tommy tiernan, and now post modern black metal... world is full of smiles, innit?

• Like 1

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Yea I don't know if that makes us old or not but I had the same damn experience; but mine was more what the F is this shit.....

to quote Aesop Rock "You can't be cooler than where you source your parts"

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Yea but Mastodon's are short and stocky like me.....

I would say I could run with a spear and a loin cloth, but I think the spear might be a little to much

Man that reminds me I have to take that mandatory sexual harassment training again for the umpteenth time; it seems like it's every 6 months we have to take it, I'm getting to the point where I'm going to file a formal complaint with the union; I honestly have better things to do than take a 2 hour class. I'm not arguing against the class I'm arguing against unless you are accused of doing something taking it once every 5 years should suffice

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

That is annoying. You should know how by now.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

15 hours ago, ThisMissisup2nogood said:

Work quote of the day:

"Jeeeezus Christ! You need to stop violating me with cucumbers!"

- overheard this evening

Okay :D I have to ask - where exactly do you work?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

It must be very stressful, thinking everyone who's rude to you is racist/sexist/--phobic.  Some people are just equal opportunity assholes, they insult everybody.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I can be abrasive and short with people and while I've been called a jerk and an asshole often enough, I don't think I've ever been called a racist. If being called a racist is an issue for you, you probably are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Maybe it's a demographic thing?  Around here it happens a lot, regardless of the remark's content or who picked the fight.  Though the label often seems to get applied behind the back.  It's less common to call someone a racist to their face but very common to do it in writing or via the net. (Ask me some time about the administration at my middle school...)

One acquaintance of mine in customer service was just griping about a "racist" who'd treated her rudely (no epithets or hate, just vanilla rude) and I'm like, what did he do that was racist?  I'm more or less white by current standards, and I get the exact same shit.  It goes with the job.  She huffily informed me that she did not "have to explain" why she was offended.  With a few comments about what a bunch of terrible racists all white Americans are (she's Canadian).  Oooookay then.  I'm not gonna argue with someone who needs to feel superior to us low-melanin types.

After being around the world, every race has it's racists; and as for the Canadian ask her how they treat the First Nation tribes

After living in some shitty areas in shitty apartments it surprises me that people live in hotel rooms; my thinking is, isn't that expensive?

Daily Mile

I think Naruto went out of style a while back.  Like, about 8 years...  Also, I haven't watched a lot of it, but was any significant part of that show actually about ninjas?  I sort of got the impression it was about ninjas in the same way Pokemon was about cockfighting (to wit, not much.)

I started watching the new Voltron on Netflix and only 3 episodes in I have to say I'm enjoying it

So while cleaning up yesterday I straightened up my dvd collection that I had on top of my Blu-ray player; which got me thinking when was the last time we actually used this thing; so has it become official that Blu-ray has gone the way of the VCR?

Daily Mile

I haven't purchased a Blu-ray player yet, so they're not quite obsolete.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

6 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I got the Thug Life cookbook for my birthday! It's called Eat Like You Give A Fuck.

5192580a4a44e8798caed17757f25d66.jpg

For some reason it makes me think of you guys. :)

Why the fuck would you think of us?

:-D

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

7 hours ago, Raincloak said:

I respect masculine cookbooks but not into the vegan thing.  I do think the world needs more profane cookbooks though.

Yeah, I'm not vegan myself but I do like to eat vegetables and we definitely eat far too much processed crap. It's good to be able to throw together a meal that only has "good stuff" in it every now and then. ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously