Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

4 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Honestly with the amount of guns in the US, I don't think the Zombie Apocalypse would last all that long

Though I am thinking that prepping for doomsday might not be a bad thing

There aren't as many guns as you may think, particularly in urban areas where it'd spread the fastest.

And head shots aren't as easy as they look.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Yea because we are taught to aim for the body it's a much bigger target than the head

Hopefully zombies will group which will make it a little easier, but yes a person running full sprint at you that would be nearly impossible

As a gun owner I can attest there aren't as many guns as people think, but like the saying goes "you can't just have one"

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I doubt Yersinia pestis will ever again kill such a high number, because we don't all live in a bed of fleas anymore.  Smallpox or polio, on the other hand ... we know exactly how to prevent them but people are too ducking stupid to get their shots.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:33 AM, Raincloak said:

I doubt Yersinia pestis will ever again kill such a high number, because we don't all live in a bed of fleas anymore.  Smallpox or polio, on the other hand ... we know exactly how to prevent them but people are too ducking stupid to get their shots.

I hear anthrax is making a comeback...

brand.gif?itok=_9Hmnwly

• Like 1

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

“You have been telling people that this is the eleventh hour.
Now you must go back and tell people that this is the hour!
And there are things to be considered:
Where are you living?
What are you doing?
What are your relationships?
Are you in right relation?
Where is your water?
Know your Garden.
It is time to speak your truth.
Create your community.
Be good to yourself.
And not look outside of yourself for a leader.
This could be a good time!
There is a river flowing very fast.
It is so great and fast that there are those who will be afraid.
They will hold on to the shore.
They will feel that they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.
Know that the river has its destination.
The elders say that we must let go of the shore,
push off into the middle of the river,
keep our eyes open,
and our heads above the water.
See who is in there with you and celebrate.
At this time we are to take nothing personally,
least of all, ourselves.
For the moment that we do,
our spiritual growth comes to a halt.
The time of the lone wolf is over.
Gather yourselves!
Banish the word struggle from your attitude and your vocabulary.
All that we do now must be done in a sacred
manner and in celebration.
We are the ones that we have been waiting for.”

– The Elders, Oraibi, Arizona Hopi Nation

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

16 hours ago, Sjard said:

I want to dig a hole, you know just grab a shovel go out and dig as deep as I can. Go back home, eat something and go digging again.

Somehow the cheerfulness of this makes me happy ^-^ Go figure.. :D

Also, thank you for reminding me of this beauty

xD

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

2 hours ago, Akura said:

I think one could make a fortune offering this in a city. Along cutting down trees and smashing rocks with a hammer.

But that's what convicts are for...

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

60 degrees at the Holiday parade Saturday night 18 inches of snow in the backyard by this morning (most of it was on the ground by 12pm Sunday); sounds about right.....

and with the 18inches of snow I think we are at or near the entire total of snowfall for last year

Daily Mile

I say buy the size you have room for, I brought the measurements of the room with us when we went to buy our new bed and a king size bed would have left us with no walking room on either side of the bed and very little room to get into the closet

Daily Mile

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

To buy the tools I need or to let a professional do it for almost the same amount of money

Tools.

A: Capital expenditure vs. expense

B: Increasing skill and knowledge is always a good thing

3: Tools are cool

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

16 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Though I have to say having an entire room that was nothing but a bed would be interesting, until the first time you have to change the sheets or replace the mattress or move

Or vacuum clean under it :D

Come to think of it, it could have a set of pulleys on the corners,

so you could just lift the whole thing up..

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The thing that gets me about hideaway beds, is how do the sheets stay on or do you have to take them off every time you put the bed away?

Something about listening to Jamiroquai makes me want to play old school racing games like "Top Gear" on the SNES

Daily Mile