Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Yea lucky bastard, when we used to ride off into the locks or off the dock we would have to dive down and get our bikes, which isn't as fun as it sounds, though we found out pool noodles can fit over the bike tube which will help it float

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

schwinn-stingray.jpg

This was my bike when I was a kid. Mine was gold. This bike did not know the meaning of "jump". Weighed a ton.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

14 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Need to find coffee, first cup this morning had some coffee grounds in it, 2nd cup I poured the entire thing was nothing but grounds......

That is a crime against man and nature...

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Tell me about it. I actually had to dump coffee.... that's unheard of

Nice bike, please tell me you put baseball cards in the spokes

I never had a nice bike, it was always the k-mart special, I'm not complaining at least I had something, though we did get lucky that one day while checking out a barn sale we found some high end bmx bikes that some lady cleaning out her garage dropped off for $20 a piece; I honestly think they still might be in my parents basement. Those were the ones we rode off docks or tried to break in half by going over massive jumps, I don't think we would have done that if we actually paid for the bikes, they would have been bubble wrapped and rode sparingly.

By paid I mean the $200 instead of $20.

Man I miss the 90's when we used to disappear into the woods for hours on end and no one would bat an eye.

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I have, once again, been left behind while Colin and the kids go off to do/see something cool. I was really, really hoping to be able to go and watch the Scalloway Fire Festival* tonight but as the day wore on it became really obvious that it wasn't going to happen. Again. 

Im getting fed up of this shit! Why can't someone just fix me already!!!! 

*Scalloway is the town I live in and the "Fire Festival" is their version of Up Helly Aa. Aaaaaaaand our house just shook with the explosion that set the galley alight. Not fair!!! I want to go!

**shakes fist in the air** Damn my useless broken body! 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

9 hours ago, RandMart said:

@Guzzi my dear, I just keep faith that these sufferings you endure are just a path to proportionally awesome things ahead

Yeah, whatever the fuck is coming my way is gonna be epic! ;) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

So found a therapist that I actually like so after my appointment I grabbed a random cd out my binder and what did I managed to blindly pull Green Days "Insomniac" I somehow think my brother had something to do with that

I'm ready for something epic myself Guzzi, here's to hoping.

• Like 2

Daily Mile

54 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

So found a therapist that I actually like so after my appointment I grabbed a random cd out my binder and what did I managed to blindly pull Green Days "Insomniac" I somehow think my brother had something to do with that

Im sorry Frosty, I missed a lot with everything that's been going on with my health. Did you lose your brother?

It's quite possible that I knew about it and literally just forgot, that happens a lot to me these days. I'm so, so sorry. 

Yea I don't know if I said anything it's been a blur, you could probably roll me up and smoke me with the amount of THC in my blood/fat

Thanks Guzzi yea I'm ready to climb the mountain, I'm honestly hitting the gym more because A) I want to and B, I want a bigger chest/arms so my tattoo hurts less when I get it.

Tattoo's on bone hurt, for those who don't know

Daily Mile

I took the day off work for "personal reasons" and forfeited $100 in wages cause apparently I don't get paid leave even after 9 months.

I'm not even a little bit sorry.  I feel much better than I did when I woke up this morning.  Got lots done around the home.

I really, really need a new job.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

That would be net.  I get paid $16/hr, which is $128/day.  After tax it works out to about $100/day in take home pay.  In some circumstances that would be fine, but the rent in my city is absurdly high, and I have no benefits or other income at present, which is why I occasionally whine about being broke.

The incoming administration just repealed my healthcare, too, bless those nasty little piles of sewage.

Fortunately I have pretty good health, but I'm not looking forward to paying out of pocket for the medicine and preventive care that KEEPS me healthy.  Maybe I'll just go back to no care at all like I had for most of the last decade.  Being crippled with pain five days a month was so much fun.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

12 hours ago, Raincloak said:

That would be net.  I get paid $16/hr, which is $128/day.  After tax it works out to about $100/day in take home pay.  In some circumstances that would be fine, but the rent in my city is absurdly high, and I have no benefits or other income at present, which is why I occasionally whine about being broke.

The incoming administration just repealed my healthcare, too, bless those nasty little piles of sewage.

Fortunately I have pretty good health, but I'm not looking forward to paying out of pocket for the medicine and preventive care that KEEPS me healthy.  Maybe I'll just go back to no care at all like I had for most of the last decade.  Being crippled with pain five days a month was so much fun.

This is pretty crap. We all like to moan about the NHS in the UK, but THANK FUCK it's there and doing the amazing job that it is, even though it's overstretched, underfunded, and constantly at risk of privatisation. 

• Like 2

The thing about America that no one talks about is that we really don't like each other, people think it's a race issue it's not, it's more of a "Give me mine and fuck off if you need anything" thing which explains things like health care in the United States  

Let me state for uncertainty Racism is in fact alive and well in the USA, it's just more divided than anyone can comprehend

• Like 1

Daily Mile

22 hours ago, RandMart said:

They rebooted the Fitness App we use at work, which is tied to VirginHealth

You can do Friend Requests like any other Social Media [think FitBit, for this one]

So, one of the Profile fields is: "Bet you never knew that I..."

Most of my friends know a bunch of stories [to be honest, there may be hundreds .. I mean, I try to make every day something to write about], but now, with all my new work friends at Sikorsky, I'm kinds starting over

The list could get extensive ,,, five things off the bat, all from ONE DAY

1] I worked backstage at Live Aid by getting a pass from the promoter because they where short on people [it became a warm bodies" situation, rather quickly Friday night: "call anyone you know, who can do anything, and they get a pass" I helped with rigging on Friday, and catering on Saturday = food line]

1a] I gave Keith Richards a cigarette; I lit it with a Zippo from the yacht club I worked when  was exiled in Florida

1b] I made a grilled chicken sandwich for Madonna

1c] I told Jim Kerr [Simple Minds] his shirt was on backwards; he didn't care

1d] I helped deliver Jimmy Page's bar to his trailer - yes, enough for an entire bar, for a visit lasting 6 hours; his nickname was "The Toad"

That (all of it!) is too damn cool.

Amazon || Assassin

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

9 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Let me state for uncertainty Racism is in fact alive and well in the USA, it's just more divided than anyone can comprehend

I always assumed that because there is such a diverse culture in the States that they would have way less racism than we have here in the UK but it's the total opposite. It's really shocking to see how extreme it can be and how commonplace it is. 

It also seems pretty messed up to me that police in the US are so gung-ho in their attitudes and carry weapons with such little training. You can see how much training UK cops get in comparison here

• Like 1

Gah no wonder why this game was free including all the upgrades; I downloaded Doodlejump DC Heroes and even with upgrading everything to the max it does no damage to the enemies on level 1, I'm not asking for it to be easy but when you hit the bad guy ten times in the face with the fully upgraded batarang it should end level 1 especially when I'm fully armored up and three little bombs take you out. I can only imagine what playing level 1 with a level 1 character was like, it had to be impossible  

Daily Mile

On 1/13/2017 at 0:41 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Man I miss the 90's when we used to disappear into the woods for hours on end and no one would bat an eye.

Agreed.

My siblings and I (5 + me) We had 3 heavy mountain bikes we all shared (and learned how to ride on) for years. We finally got our own bikes little by little and we rode all over the place. We lived in the country and rode for hours. 

I couldn't imagine letting my son do that. Damn time.

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Today sucks!

Uhh, no doubt about that.. But what exactly? :D

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

15 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

Uhh, no doubt about that.. But what exactly?

Meh, I was just moping a little.

I have to give up my flat at the end of the month and we spent a large chunk of yesterday moving my stuff out. It's not the end of the world, I'm staying with Colin these days but it's a bit sad for me because that was *my* home. Y' know?

I ended up staying with Colin (temporarily) because my health got so bad I couldn't manage on my own anymore but I'd always planned on moving back there when I was able. I'm a bit too independent to want to live with someone "because I have to". It's kinda like having to accept that actually, I'm *not* able to live on my own and we don't even know if/when I will be.

That's a little hard to swallow. I'm not comfortable with being quite so useless. :(