Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I am now eagerly awaiting the moment when you accidentally belt out show tunes. Maybe even a Rick Roll.

Thankfully I don't think I have anything like that on my gym playlist, though I add somgs to it fairly regularly, so who knows what the future holds.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

I've noticed that women seem to like us most, when we are covered in dirt and sweat... so she might not be lying... :-)

Pheromones.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Pheromones.

The reaction to my picture that you see in my avatar suggests there's, at least, something else in play as well... since there's no way the one's that reacted to it, could be close enough to me to pick up pheromones. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The reaction to my picture that you see in my avatar suggests there's, at least, something else in play as well... since there's no way the one's that reacted to it, could be close enough to me to pick up pheromones. :-)

My one friend says that she can usually smell the crazy on someone, so maybe the ladies don't smell that eau du 'psyopathic nutbag' on you and that's what attracts them?

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I think it's also partly a "hey, this guy works hard" kind of reaction.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

My one friend says that she can usually smell the crazy on someone, so maybe the ladies don't smell that eau du 'psyopathic nutbag' on you and that's what attracts them?

HAHAHAHA.... maybe.... :-)

I think it's also partly a "hey, this guy works hard" kind of reaction.

Possibly... it would make sense from an evolutionary standpoint.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I've noticed that women seem to like us most, when we are covered in dirt and sweat... so she might not be lying... :-)

Hasn't there already been a discussion somewhere on how this is very sexy? Also, dirty hands (is that weird?... mmm mechanics).

I'm beginning to think I can't be trusted to wear wireless headphones at the gym, I keep letting out song lyrics during rest between sets. It wouldn't be too weird, except today it happened twice, I was walking to refill my bottle and made eye contact with someone as I let out a little line of song. The two song lyrics let out were "you're trying to be cool, you look like a fool to meeee" and "it was us against the world, but now we just fuckin".

At this rate it won't be long before I piss someone off.

I don't sing out loud, but I do mouth the words to songs as I run. This, coupled with my love of Pitbull (don't judge) means that I get strange looks as people see me mouthing the word "thong" at least once every song.

• Like 2

Hasn't there already been a discussion somewhere on how this is very sexy? Also, dirty hands (is that weird?... mmm mechanics).

*goes to get his car out of storage and replace the steering box like he's been planning*

If there was then I missed it... :-)

Ditto.  : /

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Erm, if there is a thread detailing how to become attractive to women i'd like a link please :)

Did you still not visit @tyrsnbdr challenge thread?  It's all right there.

• Like 3

Did you still not visit @tyrsnbdr challenge thread?  It's all right there.

I have all the answers if you are poor.

Like a "How To Make Money" thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

if you are rich, all you got to do is send them on a $25K shopping spree and have them tell their friends. 

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

If there was then I missed it... :-)

I thought it was part of the "Challenge Your Body Image" thread - I could be wrong though. 

*goes to get his car out of storage and replace the steering box like he's been planning*

/drool

Erm, if there is a thread detailing how to become attractive to women i'd like a link please :)

Only if the same can be said for a thread detailing how to become attractive to men (it is after all, only fair).

• Like 2

Only if the same can be said for a thread detailing how to become attractive to men (it is after all, only fair).

I would argue that you have a whole industry designed to tell you that.  Vogue, Cosmo, Dr. Oz, beauty secrets in every mag in every check out line, etc...  

But most of it is to sell you stuff that may or may not work.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

/looks down. Dammit.

missing beer?

• Like 8

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

missing beer?

I wish. After the amount of weight training I do, I've lost very litttle body fact but somehow have managed to loose the boobs. FML.

• Like 1

I would argue that you have a whole industry designed to tell you that.  Vogue, Cosmo, Dr. Oz, beauty secrets in every mag in every check out line, etc...  

But most of it is to sell you stuff that may or may not work.

I'd argue you guys get that too. 

I wish. After the amount of weight training I do, I've lost very litttle body fact but somehow have managed to loose the boobs. FML.

I lose my butt first. I don't know which one I'd actually prefer.

• Like 3

I'd argue you guys get that too. 

I lose my butt first. I don't know which one I'd actually prefer.

The arguement for me in quantity.  

and...

c9cded6fa264baffed58bd394fda30ff.jpg

• Like 5

Wheymen

Oh do we ever... the latest thing is #dadbod... :-)

Yeah....  WTF is dadbod and why is this good?

Broscience latest eps is on this, so I'll come back with my opinion later.  

Wheymen

Yeah....  WTF is dadbod and why is this good?

Broscience latest eps is on this, so I'll come back with my opinion later.  

Dadbod is basically the body you get from being a dad, not completely out of shape and/or obese, but a few extra pounds going on due to not being able to hit the gym. It's basically trying to say "Dad's are sexy"...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/05/11/do-you-have-a-dad-bod-this-flow-chart-will-tell-you/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/women-lusting-dudes-dad-bod-article-1.2214449

HAHAHAHA... just found this too... https://twitter.com/DennysDiner/status/595632205440950274

Edit: Just watched that video, and I feel there's an amazing amount of truth in there, given that he's just a satire.

"It's the physical manifestation of complacency"

My first challenge