Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Butt, $8.49 for a 4-Pack?

I dunno ... I'm sure I'll get some at some point

That's cheap for good beer. I'm a big fan of Gulden Draak, and that costs $19.99/4-pack

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I'll skip the beers and go for the cider's myself, fan of Angry Orchard at the moment., haven't found a beer that I truly enjoy, more of a "Well this doesn't taste as bad as those I guess"

And outside of Long Island Tea and Jack and coke...

(Language)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

True, since I paid $8.99 for a 4-pack of Victory DirtWolf without hesitation

They're up there with them, and better in some cases. And that means a lot coming from me, Victory is my favorite brewery.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Woah, this has got waaaay off topic. But I'm chiming in anyways... ;)

I think my love of the amber nectar has you all beat hands down. A couple of years back I bout my husband a keg of (my favourite) beer for Christmas. That's right, 72 pints of the stuff! And you only have 10 days to drink it too....

We worked out a fair split. As long as he drank 4 pints and I drank 3, every day for 10 days we were sorted.

Can I just say...

BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER. :D :D :D

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

since getting involved with the medieval fighting 'scene' i've had a right hankering for mead (always fancied a bash at it but now it's a necessity) i've tried 'Waggledance' which is ale with some honey in it and liked that so i'm really looking forward to the 'real' stuff

• Like 2

Mead can be hit or miss. First time I tried it I didn't like it at all, then tried a different one and loved it! (I have perseverance ;))

Hmmm.... I suppose the exact same thing could be said about beer. Ok, just ignore me. I'll shut up now :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

We need a drinking thread.

since getting involved with the medieval fighting 'scene' i've had a right hankering for mead (always fancied a bash at it but now it's a necessity) i've tried 'Waggledance' which is ale with some honey in it and liked that so i'm really looking forward to the 'real' stuff

When I was out bashing people with a sword, I had a lot of friends that brewed beer and mead. Yum!

I woke up on a lot of battlefields back then.

...is this something women like about men? ;)

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I guess I'm kind of a beer snob; I see nothing wrong with this.

Agreed.

To me, most cheap beer isn't even worth drinking.  Granted, there is bad expensive beer too, but overall I'm more of a quality over quantity guy when it comes to alcoholic beverages.  One or two really good quality drinks beat a six-pack of generic mass-market lager any day.

• Like 1

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

We need a drinking thread.

When I was out bashing people with a sword, I had a lot of friends that brewed beer and mead. Yum!

I woke up on a lot of battlefields back then.

...is this something women like about men? ;)

Oops! So off topic I forgot which thread I was on! :D

Plus, it's really early here.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I think it's my fault (somehow). Every thread I post on ends up derailed.

No!!! Wait!! It's you! You post on them all too, you're to blame :D :D

I think it's my fault (somehow). Every thread I post on ends up derailed.

No!!! Wait!! It's you! You post on them all too, you're to blame :D :D

It's a mathematical equation.... %OnTopic=1/(2*pi*pages).... as the pages get higher, you're chance of being on topic get closer and close to 0....

So it's inevitable to venture off topic, you can't stop it, no one can...

Now, not knowing what thread you're on... I can't explain that one. So I'll go with... It's early there, sounds good to me.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

You're derailing the Beer thread???? Nooooooo!!! :D

But yes, back to topic. Well, almost.

Not in the gym, but close enough. A girl I was talking to the other day told me that she uses whey protein, but not the "men's" stuff. She buys special "women's" formula, so that she doesn't get bulky! :o :o :o

I....?? She...?? Ugh! *face palm*

• Like 4

Mead can be hit or miss. First time I tried it I didn't like it at all, then tried a different one and loved it! (I have perseverance ;))

Hmmm.... I suppose the exact same thing could be said about beer. Ok, just ignore me. I'll shut up now :D

O. M. G. Mead.

Last fall, I dragged my partner to the local Renaissance Festival. Neither of us had ever been and we weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves into. However, we walked in and I ordered a glass of mead. Life changed. That shit is awesome and I actually bought a bottle and drank the entire thing on Thanksgiving. Moar mead!!! It also kind of satisfies my viking desires or like... mother of dragons or something. Whatever that urge is to wear random rags as dresses and eat meat from a spit and drink mead out of a horn. It's some strange viking/pirate/dothraki/barbarian fantasy, so just go with it.

• Like 3

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Yay!!!! It's back, lol :P

My husband and I had pitch-lined leather tankards for drinking beer. Very cool! We would actually take them to bike rallies with us, you should see the jealousy when everyone else is trying to drink out of those god awful flimsy plastic pint glasses and you rock up to the bar with your leather tankards. :D

I bought him a drinking horn (actual horn) once, but you really to get them lined or else all your beer tastes vaguely "meaty". Never quite got around to that...

• Like 2

You wanna see a Beer Thread? Check THIS Baby out!!!

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum4/HTML/008372.shtml

Over at another Forum, I'm known as "The BEER Thread Dude"

AWESOME!!!! :P

A Battle log to keep track of your beer?

How about downloading the Untappd app?  I tend to use it to keep track of what I'm drinking and it's got a cracking database of ales, ciders and beers!

If you do want to download it then you can add me as Obitim!

In other news, I was particularly gutted yesterday when I was in the gym early (630 and there is no one else in the weights room, it's great!) and doing my weight lifting circuit when, horror of horrors, someone else came in and, out of all the benches in the gym, used the one I was doing bench press on, that I'd set up, for my final set for the day.  I was gutted!  

So I just manned up and did my final bench press in the power rack instead...

O. M. G. Mead.

Last fall, I dragged my partner to the local Renaissance Festival. Neither of us had ever been and we weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves into. However, we walked in and I ordered a glass of mead. Life changed. That shit is awesome and I actually bought a bottle and drank the entire thing on Thanksgiving. Moar mead!!! 

Yes. A friend and I were wandering town once and stumbled into this place called Honeymoon... several hours and a bottle later, we decided it needed to become a tradition!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

---

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs