Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Just found that the cardio machines at the gym have puzzle games on the monitor. In case you like to break a mental sweat too.

Better than all the crap on TV at least.  I find it interesting that at my gym, all the treadmills have the little tv screens on them, and they almost never get used.  I think in the year I've been there, I've seen maybe 2 people using the TV while running.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I cannot read while on the treadmill because the movement prevents me from focusing on something close up and with my head tilted down. But I can watch TV across the room ok. I wonder if the TVs on the treadmills go unused for a similar reason.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Can they change the channels? Or is the feed controlled by the front desk? I know that my TV was stuck on Lifetime or FoodNetwork orsomething I wouldn't use it either, much as a chick wouldn't want to watch SportsCenter or NASCAR

NOTE: Watching racing is not a problem, as long as they're going round & round pretty normally; but when they switch to a driver's dash-cam, to replay a crash from the inside ... that can get dicey

They can change channels, but there's only like 4 available for some reason.  There is a TV across the room that's usually got some crappy news station blabbing on and on about nothing.  

You're a better person than I if you can watch NASCAR.  I love cars and racing (my degree is in automotive), but NASCAR has got to be the most boring thing in the world to watch.  Just this side of watching grass grow, or watching paint dry.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I have to take a cardio class (weeee spin) for this reason. If I get on an elliptical or treadmill for more than a warm up my mind wanders and I people watch. I get so caught up in figuring out how jeans cutoffs lady thinks doing 30 mins on the elliptical in jorts is comfortable that I forget what i'm doing and usually trip myself up or don't push myself as hard as I should. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Monday evening I had just got done with my 5x5 bench and was getting ready to get on the heavy bag when a catfight started up right infront of the bag. we are taling hair everywhere, nails, hissing it was great....or atleast would have been if one of them hadn't latched onto my leg.

I work out in my basement and my cats were fighting. I also caught one of them climbing my punching bag this morning. evil little things

• Like 7

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Monday evening I had just got done with my 5x5 bench and was getting ready to get on the heavy bag when a catfight started up right infront of the bag. we are taling hair everywhere, nails, hissing it was great....or atleast would have been if one of them hadn't latched onto my leg.

I work out in my basement and my cats were fighting. I also caught one of them climbing my punching bag this morning. evil little things

I was completely reading that as the other type of cat fight up until the latched onto your leg part, then was confused.

• Like 5

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I would have loved to see that kind of cat fight in my basement....the wife might not be too happy if there was though

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I was completely reading that as the other type of cat fight up until the latched onto your leg part, then was confused.

I was picturing a brawl rolling into the cardio machines and was equal parts horrified and amused.

As it happens, I wasn't far wrong. :D

I would have loved to see that kind of cat fight in my basement....the wife might not be too happy if there was though

that could be the cause of said cat fight

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Why "Wookie f'ing"? Was she saying she was f'ing a wookie or was she saying she was a wookie with the "f'ing" as more of an emphasis on the "slut" as in "wookie f'ing-slut"?

Gotta love the sports complex tailgates. Looking forward to the all day Dallas tailgate in a few weeks.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I was hanging out in the Spectrum parking lot before a show and someone said, rather offhandedly, "When I used to be a DeadHead ..."

My GF said - under her breath - "You never were"

"Excuse me???!!! BITCH!!!"

"If you can say 'I used to be a DeadHead' then you never REALLY were ... you Wookie-fucking SLUT"

The cat-fight that ensued was both awesome AND hilarious

Between age and country, I'm afraid you lost me at "Spectrum parking lot". I didn't know the ZX Spectrum even did shows.

Google leaves me reasonably confident that a Deadhead is a fan of the Grateful Dead, but does not explain why someone cannot "used to be" one.

I think I caught up again when we got to Wookies. I might have been there myself - I slept around a lot in my early twenties and I don't remember all of them.

• Like 2

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I think I caught up again when we got to Wookies. I might have been there myself - I slept around a lot in my early twenties and I don't remember all of them.

Being a Wookie-fucking slut, or being the Wookie?

I used to make it a point to be able to recall every single person. It's been so long though, most of them are starting to fade. Kind of makes me feel bad about being the one forgotten. Or not really. Haha

Between age and country, I'm afraid you lost me at "Spectrum parking lot". I didn't know the ZX Spectrum even did shows.

Google leaves me reasonably confident that a Deadhead is a fan of the Grateful Dead, but does not explain why someone cannot "used to be" one.

+1 for the ZX Spectrum reference!

• Like 1

Being a Wookie-fucking slut, or being the Wookie?

I used to make it a point to be able to recall every single person. It's been so long though, most of them are starting to fade. Kind of makes me feel bad about being the one forgotten. Or not really. Haha

I was and never have been a wookie. I'm just not hairy. I am envious of hairy chests.

I used to remember them up to number 13, when I lost count. Now I recall Darren, Paul (or was it Phil?), David, a Danish chap called Kim, a guy who called himself Tony (but it wasn't his real name), then I think it was Todd (his boyfriend Adam was not long after that), er... who was the skinhead that couldn't wait until we got back to his place...? Mark? Matt? There was a Damian in there somewhere, and I recall Lee and Paul, and I fondly remember Flynn (who was definitely hairy enough to be a wookie). But I forget which order, and I can't recall the names, and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten completely.

Oh, it was all so long ago now. I've been with one guy for ten years - I miss the single life sometimes, but then I remember how most of it felt and I'm glad to be out of it.

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Sometimes I want to do this with my future girlfriend/wife... Go to college bar, pretending to be strangers, and use the worst pickup line ever we can think of to each other.

Did you fall from heaven? Because there is a hole in my heart in a shape of you so deep it can only be done by gravity.

or

You are the natural log of e. Know what that means. That means you are the one to me. 

Something like that.

Then when she leaves with me/ I leave with her... people will be amazed, thinking that those pick up lines really work.

• Like 2

Sometimes I want to do this with my future girlfriend/wife... Go to college bar, pretending to be strangers, and use the worst pickup line ever we can think of to each other.

Then when she leaves with me/ I leave with her... people will be amazed, thinking that those pick up lines really work.

That is a fantastic idea!  Haha.  Yea I totally want to do that now too.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

That brings back memories - I was a sales clerk at Staples and this scruffy guy was following this reasonably attractive, well-dressed lady around the store, making the most outrageous propositions.

So, I ask her if she needs assistance and start, ah, flexing just a bit in his general direction.  

Turns out they've been married for twenty years and he's just a practical joker.  But he/they had a good sense of humor about the whole thing. :D

• Like 4

That is a fantastic idea!  Haha.  Yea I totally want to do that now too.  

I'd probably get shot down and go home alone...

That brings back memories - I was a sales clerk at Staples and this scruffy guy was following this reasonably attractive, well-dressed lady around the store, making the most outrageous propositions.

So, I ask her if she needs assistance and start, ah, flexing just a bit in his general direction.

Turns out they've been married for twenty years and he's just a practical joker. But he/they had a good sense of humor about the whole thing. :D

I do this all the time. I find it hilarious when she starts turning bright shades of red and appologizing to people when one of the things I say ends up offending them or really getting their eyebrows raised, telling them I'm her husband.

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625