I still need to eat better, snack less, move more, and lose weight. I've almost certainly been going through some levels of depression over the last year, but I'm hoping that the warmer weather and extra sunlight will improve my mood. Either way, it's time to quit whinging and start doing again. I will certainly still talk about parkour and silks, but I'm going to focus on basic exercises for this challenge.
Challenge goal: Pay my debts
These are the exercises I "owe" each week and must pay off:
1. Pull ups - 20/week
2. Push ups - 50/week
3. V-ups - 60/week
4. Squats - 100/week (but can choose regular, sumo, or side to side squats).
5. intense cardio/HIIT stuff: 10 minutes total/week (burpees, mountain climbers, jumping exercises, etc.)
6. walking - 30 km/week, with at least 1 ruck/week
7. If I miss silks class, then I also owe some silks conditioning work at home.
8. I need to learn one new crochet technique each week. So far, I just know basic stitches, which is great for scarves and blankets, but not much else.
9. 1 hour of piano each week
On the eating front, I'm planning to re-give up soda. I'm also going to try something new with the evening snacking: I will get myself a reasonable portion of food to eat, including some healthy things like carrot sticks or cheese, and then I will not under any circumstances let myself get up for more food.
I'm a bit bummed, though. Right when I was going to gather the kids so we could head to the parkour and silks gym, my son came in crying with a scraped up face, cut, and lump on his forehead. So, no parkour tonight.. Maybe parkour on wednesday, though.