Pokemon Nerd Fitness Edition

So I was thinking of a way to make my character in the NerdFitness sense, and I was trying to take inspiration from my favourite franchises and what not and then I had an idea. And seeing as my biggest nerdy interest is Pokemon, I stuck with that. 

What if we made a leveling up system based on Pokemon:

• We make a team of 6 Pokemon each one representing each skill; STR, CON, INT, DEX, WIS, CHA, (or speed, endurance, etc)
  • Come up with a system for leveling them up, based on our own real life progress in that skill.
  • And then we evolve them when we have made a certain amount of progress.

So for example, I might choose Machop to represent my strength skill.
evolution028-copy.gif

So whenever I make measurable progress in my strength, using my squat 5rm as a measure, I give exp to Machop, and then at 100kg he could evolve into Machoke. etc etc

Only a draft of an idea I had floating around, if anyone is interested we could work on developing it further. 

What do you guys think?

My team would be:

• Machop for Strength, with my progress at StrongLifts5x5 as his measure
  • Aipom for Dexterity, I'm not too sure what I could use to measure progress there?
  • Geodude for Constitution?
  • Porygon for Intelligence, using good grades, or reading books to add to exp?
  • Charisma would be Skitty
  • Slowpoke for Wisdom?

It seems like I haven't thought this through as much as I thought I had :applause:

An alternate idea would be to have a training method for each Pokemon stat, and you split the XP among your party as you wish.

Maybe:

Attack = strength training

Defense = flexibility/mobility

Speed = running/sprinting/HIIT

Special Attack = meditation/studying

Special Defense = endurance training

I'd also track based on training time, as that's far more controllable on your part.  Possibly with bonuses for goals/landmarks.

I may have to steal this idea for a minichallenge... :playful:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

23 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

An alternate idea would be to have a training method for each Pokemon stat, and you split the XP among your party as you wish.

Maybe:

Special Defense = endurance training

Oooh I like your version a lot more.

The other idea I had was to specifically design a fakemon to represent each stat. I had invented Spartoi->Achillio->Herculon for Strength and a Monkey doing tricks for Dexterity haha

But I much prefer your system although perhaps it fits raising a single pokemon better? and you need to raise exp in multiple stats for it to lvl up?

2 hours ago, Mallorey said:

Oooh I like your version a lot more.

The other idea I had was to specifically design a fakemon to represent each stat. I had invented Spartoi->Achillio->Herculon for Strength and a Monkey doing tricks for Dexterity haha

But I much prefer your system although perhaps it fits raising a single pokemon better? and you need to raise exp in multiple stats for it to lvl up?

What about leveling up each challenge and linking stats based on @Anim07734's suggestion? Like similar to the deprecated leveling up system NF used for challenges.

Just need a way to get Pokeballs so I can start trying to capture other Rebels, haha! :P

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

3 hours ago, Mallorey said:

I never had a single pokemon that was balanced across every stat, but my entire party would cover everything.  So splitting the stat boosts among a group makes sense to me.

Since stats aren't dependent on level, something arbitrary like @CheshireCrab's suggest probably works best for leveling up.

I would come up with a diminishing returns formula for converting training time to stats though.  That way it's easier for people to jump in after a round has started without waiting for a reboot/new game.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Here are a few suggestions I came up with :)

• Machop- Machoke- Machamp
  • Timburr- Gurdurr- Cunkeldurr
  • Nidoran- Nidorino/a- Nidoking/queen
  • Geodude- Graveller- Golem

• Aipom- Ambipom

• Blitzle- Zebstrika
  • Ponyta- Rapidash
  • Gible- Garchomp
  • Bagon- Sheldon- Salamence
  • Doduo- Dotrio
  • Eevee- Jolteon

• Abra- Kadabra- Alakazam
  • Solosis- Duosion- Reuniclus
  • Porygon- Porygon2- PorygonZ
  • Ralts- Kirlia- Gardevoir

Y'know to make the pokemon somewhat match the activities :P 

You can also pull an Ash Ketchum and have only one Pokemon and raise its stats and/or evolve it

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."