Lol yea I asked Marissa the same thing a few months back and she gave a similar answer.

I was playing with them to help assist my deadlift, but it fell out of my programming as of late.

Have much experience with them in the past or not so much?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lol yea I asked Marissa the same thing a few months back and she gave a similar answer.

I was playing with them to help assist my deadlift, but it fell out of my programming as of late.

Have much experience with them in the past or not so much?

They've phased in and out of my programming quite a bit. I love them now because they feel so stupidly easy. Hated them until I got the knack of them, though.

If I could get my starting positioning right on deadlift it would help a lot, I still basically squat it up. I'm going to try to get it sorted after the classic. 

Yeah. It took a few sessions for them to make sense. I was squatting to a box for awhile instead of box squatting.

I'll have to rewatch some of your deadlift vids.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tuesday 15/9:

BW: 63.0

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

(100kg x3)

(110kg x1)

120kg x1x2

Not quite as easy as I'd like, not quite as hard as I'd expected (given I'm still not well)

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x5)

(60kg x2)

(65kg x1)

70kg x1x2

Not entirely happy with these. My heel's coming up again. I need to move my right foot forward or loosen off my calf a bit (this is the tight one)

In other news, my coach said some really nice things about me whilst using me as a case study in an answer to a question on how far people can expect to go with strength training.

• Like 1

Saturday 19/9:

BW: 62.0kg

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x3)

(100kg x2)

(110kg x1)

120kg x1

130kg x1

135kg x (fail)

Buddied up with Sabrina Moore for warm up as our squats were about the same.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x3)

(60kg x1)

(65kg x1)

70kg x1

75kg x1 (fail, went up but so did my arse)

75kg x (fail)

Really need to look at my set up.

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

(80kg x3)

(100kg x2)

(110kg x1)

120kg x1

130kg x1

135kg x (failed a few inches off the floor)

Everything felt harder than it should but even my absolute best would have got me fourth (which is where I came) so I'm not too burned up about it. I know there's another 20-25kg there.

The truck brought another bout of the cold with it, so I'm probably going to spend my week off mainlining Lemsip and chicken soup.

Thanks guys! I got back from a few days away last night so only just got my lifting video up.

A few reflections on things:

1. Being 1kg lighter didn't affect me negatively this time, but I'm better off carrying on with carbs and coming in at 62.9 than getting as light as possible but losing 15kg from my lifts.
  2. I'm happy with how I placed even if I know I could have done better.
  3. I definitely need to work on my form with bench.
  4. I was really worried that I was slipping backwards in the rankings in my weight class but I actually moved up despite all my fears and on a day when I did far worse than expected.
  • Like 2

Not your best day, but how good does it feel that you still moved up on a bad day?

Your bad day is still better than most people's good day. Silver lining.

Saturday 26/9:

BW: 64.8

So I got up this morning fully expecting Marc to go easy on me in the gym. Usually the week after a comp is 50-70% at most and today he's like, "Okay, warm up and work up to a 5RM... aim for 115kgx5". 

I was totally going to go for it, but got to 100kgx5 and felt like it was falling apart somewhat (getting slow and ugly) so 115kgx5 became 85kgx6x4.

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

(100kg x5) Belt on

85kg x6x4 Beltless

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

50kg x6x4

Trying to remember to push my knees out to lock my arse down, but these are pretty light. 

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Realised as I was writing this up that this was the same prescribed deadlift workout as I did at the Ferocious Fort William Fall Festival of Forceful Fitness last year. Then it was a painfully tough session, now it feels stupidly easy.

Back is feeling a bit tender this afternoon so I had a long nap and I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Starting to do my epic come-down after last weekend. Disappointed that I didn't hit the numbers I wanted to when I know they're there. 

Just need to get it right for Vancouver. Hitting 400 Wilks may have to wait for next year. 

I'm sharing this feeling myself this morning a bit - one day to go for a heavy single in my best lift and I kinda blew it. I know that the prep and that recent weeks of training have seen me do no more than 180 for a double but I'm still annoyed with myself as I probably won't get another chance this year.

Monday 28/9:

BW: 66kg (SO HEAVY!)

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)
(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Gym was packed but managed to snag a shared platform and then carried on sharing with a guy I know. :)

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

50kg x6x4

Feeling better about bench, but sliding about a bit. Feel a bit like I've lost my arch from not going to yoga for weeks. Can't wait to get back to yoga.

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Fun sharing a platform with a new girl. I always like finding new lifters around. :)

Harder session that it should have been but then walking has been rough today and yesterday. I've got a class at Sweaty Betty tomorrow night to look forward to, lifting again on Wednesday, might squeeze in some yoga and running on Thursday and lifting Friday morning. 

Tuesday 30/9:

BW: 64.6

"Body by Simone" class at Sweaty Betty.

Bounced around like a crazy person, was told to "feel the burn" with 1.5kg dumbbells (ummm, no, no burn is being felt) and actually had a lot more fun than I expected (but sweated like a pig).

Wednesday 30/9:

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Feeling a lot better. A bunch of kids came up to me just as I was starting and asked if they could take my rack. I'm all for sharing, but not with FOUR guys squatting the empty bar. He then mouthed off at me, so I didn't feel so bad about saying no.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

50kg x6x4

Arch is back, I think. Experimenting a bit with setup and wearing a T-shirt rather than a little vest top. Really want to get this nailed down!

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Feeling pretty good but my back is tired from many, many deadlifts.

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)

85kg x6x4

Feeling a lot better. A bunch of kids came up to me just as I was starting and asked if they could take my rack. I'm all for sharing, but not with FOUR guys squatting the empty bar. He then mouthed off at me, so I didn't feel so bad about saying no.

Quite right too. Four people asking to work in with you really is a bit much and having them mouth off at you is incredibly obnoxious. 

These freshers should be spending their Wednesday nights drinking - plenty of time to get strong when they're a bit older ;)

• Like 1

Quite right too. Four people asking to work in with you really is a bit much and having them mouth off at you is incredibly obnoxious.

These freshers should be spending their Wednesday nights drinking - plenty of time to get strong when they're a bit older ;)

What's the world coming to?

Why, when I were a lass, I'd be drinking twenty seven hours a day and walking five miles oop 'ill in five inch heels each way to do it!

• Like 2