MAX Health Challenge [Ended March 25, 2016]

*Rolls in* GONNA DO IT.

Ohh, this looks fun! Totally in! I'm going to use the nutrition quest to help me cut back on beer/alcohol. That'll be my first unallowed item this time around!

Woo Hoo!! Welcome to the both of you!!!

Cutting some of them empty calories sounds like a great start!

Actually, I almost forgot, I wanted to take page out of awesomesue's book. If I fail at my fitness goal, I will post a video of myself doing something embarrassing. Ideas?? Whatever it is, I will be embarrassed. This will almost guarantee I complete my fitness goal. I will give it a number - 11 days of strength training.

• Like 1

Please excuse, but it isn't letting me do anything with my points; my line is still straight zeroes. :/ When I try to put my numbers in, it says I'm trying to edit a protected cell?

Edit: Oops, nevermind XD I got it now. :D

I updated the spreadsheet with better instructions. Hopefully it is enough to minimize confusion for new peeps.

I also finally finished the main post of the challenge. Got rid of a lot of clutter and simplified. What do you all think?

Also! I will close last months challenge to any edits tomorrow night and post our title holders!

I am soo amped for this months challenge!!

Another question; for the sleep, do we get a point today for last night's sleep, or is there another way we're supposed to do that?

And I do believe I forgot to mention that the spreadsheet and layout of this challenge is awesomesauce and extremely well done! Thanks for making it! :D

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

Another question; for the sleep, do we get a point today for last night's sleep, or is there another way we're supposed to do that?

And I do believe I forgot to mention that the spreadsheet and layout of this challenge is awesomesauce and extremely well done! Thanks for making it! :D

The way I do it is if I went to bed on time last night, I get that point yesterday. I don't give myself todays point until tomorrow after I know I went to bed on time tonight. Does that make sense lol? However, there is no right way. It is whatever makes sense to you. 

Thank you!

I am stoked that you all are doing this with me! I was looking for a way to keep score that would keep me more accountable. Now I really have to figure out my horrible sleep patterns so I can compete for The MAX!!!

• Like 1

The way I do it is if I went to bed on time last night, I get that point yesterday. I don't give myself todays point until tomorrow after I know I went to bed on time tonight. Does that make sense lol? However, there is no right way. It is whatever makes sense to you. 

Aha! Yep, that makes all the sense! Fixed mine now, accordingly. ^_^ Thanks!

I love this! I'm joining!

I am a bit confused about the current reigning champions, though, especially in terms of positivity - I mean, there's no way to FAIL that one, is there?

~ Solunaria

Woo Hoo!! Glad to have you!

Haha, you aren't the only one. I will change up the instructions on that one to better convey the idea. Basically, I was just looking for something better to do with the base points than just sit there and look pretty, as well as hit on the most important aspect of our health. Attitude, however, seems like a tough one to actually score. We all have bad days, bad moments and I don't think we need to punish ourselves for those, just reflect and try to learn. And hopefully avoid the same turmoil in the future. Same for good stuff... let's do that again! In the end, in doing this challenge we are all trying to better ourselves, making us ALL WINNERS!! So Congrats!  :playful:

I'm seriously considering keeping a positivity journal. Writing down one to five happy- or just generally good -things every day. I'm usually quietly sunny-to-neutral, but can get really dark really quick. An ever-growing book of happy sounds like a nice practice. :D

Hello, there, Solunaria! *Bows*

• Like 1

I love this! I'm joining!

Welcome!

I am a bit confused about the current reigning champions, though, especially in terms of positivity - I mean, there's no way to FAIL that one, is there?

~ Solunaria

I'm starting out my day at 7 unless I wake up a total bear and then I subtract if necessary. I'm trying to average my day now which should make for a more accurate score.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Can I come!? Huh? Huh?

I found this challenge so relatable and fantasticsss! Yay, good challenges

To type or not type that is the thing my fingers will have to do... Get on with your magic, typing fingers!

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Can I come!? Huh? Huh?

To type or not type that is the thing my fingers will have to do... Get on with your magic, typing fingers!

Join ussss! :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Join ussss! :)

Heck to the yea!

I used my fingers to type this mess. Give my brain and nervous system some credit

• Like 2

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

Congrats and Amazing job to everyone that partook in the inaugural MAX Health Challenge!!

It was a hard fought battle, but the results are in!

Inaugural MAX Health Challenge Awards!

The MAX!

awesomesue

Positively Awesome

charlomechfry, Wondernata, Fitnessgurl, and awesomesue

Nutrition Master

charlomechfry

Fitness Beast

awesomesue

Water Goddess

Fitnessgurl

Sleeping Beauty

awesomesue

Awesome stuff awesomesue!

Keep up the hard work everyone!!

And a great big WELCOME to our our new challengers!!!

With the new challenge underway, will we see our current Title Holders hang on to their position? Or is there someone out there ready to dethrone them and begin their own reign?

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering keeping a positivity journal. Writing down one to five happy- or just generally good -things every day. I'm usually quietly sunny-to-neutral, but can get really dark really quick. An ever-growing book of happy sounds like a nice practice. :D

Hello, there, Solunaria! *Bows*

That sounds like an amazing idea! I may need to take up this practice too. What I have been doing is posting all kinds of stuff I want myself to be on my fridge. Commandments, Rules, Qualities, Values, Quotes, and the like. I pay too much attention to the crappy stuff in the world instead of the good. I have too many good things around me to worry too much about that other crap anymore. 

I'm starting out my day at 7 unless I wake up a total bear and then I subtract if necessary. I'm trying to average my day now which should make for a more accurate score.

And I was coming in behind you and giving you your 7's anyway!! Muwhahaha!! I will leave your scoring system alone from now one tho. Just don't be surprised if we all end up being Positively Awesome by the end of each challenge  :playful:

Can I come!? Huh? Huh?

YOU BETCHA!!! Good to have you!

I looked up the basics of art journaling today and i kind of liked it! I am going to start doing that on my basic journal but I am so clueless.

Spoiler

Quote:

I looked up the basics of art journaling today and i kind of liked it! I am going to start doing that on my basic journal but I am so clueless.

Check out YouTube, they have pretty cool tutorials. I want to do this too, but not for this challenge.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Check out YouTube, they have pretty cool tutorials. I want to do this too, but not for this challenge.

Oooh! I will! What're your artistic goals for this challenge?

I used my fingers to type this mess. Give my brain and nervous system some credit

Spoiler

Quote:

Oooh! I will! What're your artistic goals for this challenge? I used my fingers to type this mess. Give my brain and nervous system some credit

I don't have any for this challenge, but I have a spot for it in my bullet journal. I'm knitting a scarf. There's a craft thread that I started to let people show their work or talk about crafting. You should join us. People are doing some pretty cool stuff. :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

I don't have any for this challenge, but I have a spot for it in my bullet journal. I'm knitting a scarf. There's a craft thread that I started to let people show their work or talk about crafting. You should join us. People are doing some pretty cool stuff. :)

Sewing, you say? Will there be biscuits?

Spoiler

Quote: