Forums are back in action! ×

... "Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'"

On 8/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, Jean said:

Monday: survive

✔️

Winning is not always soaring ahead, unburdened by the fight. Sometimes, winning is crawling in the dust, bloodied. If you can't acknowledge victory when it comes dressed in rags, you won't get to know it shrouded in glory.

• That's Metal 5

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

3 hours ago, Jean said:

Winning is not always soaring ahead, unburdened by the fight. Sometimes, winning is crawling in the dust, bloodied. If you can't acknowledge victory when it comes dressed in rags, you won't get to know it shrouded in glory.

thank you for this ❤️

You've got this, Jean! I believe in you!

• That's Metal 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

On 8/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, Jean said:

Tuesday: survive

✔️

• Like 3

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Work ended a bit later than planned due to personal niceness on which I have to work. That disrupted Thursday. Things went fine on Friday. The cardinal part is going to sleep early enough, which I'm being consistent on for now.

Breakfast is canadian bacon burger. It'll change whenever I'm out of bacon and doing groceries again.

20240830_041334.thumb.jpg.84c01b26e4c9758a646e760689c3c935.jpg

• Like 4

Most goals are habit driven:

• develop and nurture good sleeping habits;
  • develop and nurture good eating and drinking habits;
  • exercise consistently;
  • spend some time daily improving myself;
  • build and nurture both a friendship and professional network.

Some are discrete:

• get my current home in livable shape (decluttering);
  • take all the required steps to send the building permit request for my future home (bought last year).

Other goals will come as things get better.

• Like 5

Things to keep in mind and work on:

• I get stuck on things because I consider there's an order in which to make them and I discard the whole list when I fail at doing one thing. The more time passes, the less important that thing is so that I don't feel compelled to do it anymore but it doesn't unlock the list.
  • I need to do things twice: first plan them thoroughly, which requires free time, then live them.

To do:

• Set me time for planning away from any disturbance.
  • Like 2