Forums are back in action! ×

27 minutes ago, Shello said:

I use an app called Migraine Buddy.  You log each of your migraines with additional information regarding duration, intensity, possible triggers, etc.  It's very good for tracking frequency and pattern as well as triggers.  I find gaps tracking types of migraines since I have so many types so I'm less likely to log a migraine that doesn't get past the aura stage or doesn't come with a headache.  But it might serve your purpose. 

Thank you!

This week: (minutes) 

Monday: Ringfit (30)

Tuesday: Boxing  (38)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Ringfit (30) 

Friday: Boxing (36)

Saturday: Walking (20)  and Ringfit (15)

Sunday: Rest

Weigh in 2/7/21: 253.4

I've been eating less. I don't feel hungry until 3am. And then I wake up hungry, which is like "Dear Body, we are SLEEPING now." but I know my body will get into that routine. If I keep waking up this way, I'll start having a glass of milk before bed. Calcium is delicious :)

And that is this week! 

This week:

Monday: Ringfit (30)

Tuesday: Boxing (28)

Wed: Rest

Thursday: Ringfit

Friday: Boxing

Saturday: Rest

Weigh In: 253.4

This was definitely a maintenance week. Which is fine. I'm happy with it considering I didn't feel good a lot. This next week should be a little more badass though :D 

• Like 1

257.6 on the scale today.   another family heavy week. 

I love my family. I really do. But I want to stop internalizing their problems, and I want to feel like I have my own space of existence away from them.  When anyone in my family is struggling, they come to me or my mom, and if they come to my mom, she's coming to me later on.  No one is asking me to fix their problems, and while sometimes people ask for advice, they just need someone to listen and let them know they are loved.  They really don't know how much I internalize everything, and they don't want me to carry that emotional burden.  Well, the ones who are not Cluster B Personality Disordered. :)  

And honestly, I think a huge part of the problem is feeling like I don't have the time or energy to take care of myself.  Like, I think that IS the problem. So I am going to

1.  Designate a time of day for family that lives outside this house. After dinner works best for me. I'm done eating for the day, so no stress eating, and the only thing I have to do at night is relax, so I can talk to my family, and then relax before bed. 

2.  Communicate what I need and want to do that day to my parents. They are retired and can talk ALL DAY.  I can't.  I have things I need to do, and I don't need to keep them company, I need to do those things.  and I think I just need to say "This is what I'm doing this week." and leave it at that. I feel like I'm on hold all the time, and no one is asking me to do that. 

3.  Let go of guilt for doing the things. No one is resenting me for working or for exercising or cleaning a bathroom. I get to exist too, and my parents tell me consistently "you get to have a life too". And yes, it is going to be an adjustment for all of us, but I think we'll all be happier for it.  they want me to have a life!

Also, I like spending time with my nephews, but I'm done putting days on hold for them. When they're here for an evening or even a day, I can plan and say "Oh I'm going to hang out with them this afternoon, but like four days, I'm not a cruise director! and I also can say to them "Dudes this room is a mess, clean it up, this is a hazard for Pap who can't see, remember?" (eye rolls) They aren't babies anymore, they can clean up their messes!

And the uncle, the visiting uncle... I'm just avoiding him. I can't stand that asshole

And you know who is really going to have the hardest time with these changes? Me. But I acknowledge that no one else is responsible for my guilt and choices. :D 

These sounds like great changes.  You have the strength to make these changes and you'll love it! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I weighed in yesterday at 254 even. 

I’m currently counting calories, and this week I am going to hit my exercise goals. MWF, I’ll box with my mom, and TRS, I’ll play ring fit. Afternoons are going to be yard work so I anticipate 1. Sleeping really well, and 2. Losing some fat and building muscle. I shoukd take my measurements too, I’ll do that tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

Measurements

Bust-47"

Bandwidth- 41"

Waist- 45"

Belly- 49"

Hips-49"

Left thigh- 27"

Left Calf- 19"

Weight 256.  I feel very bloated. Too much salty celebration food for Mom's birthday and Mother's Day. 

In related news to measurements, I think I'm finding out why my bras don't fit very well. ? 

I'm going to take measurements once a month, and then buy two new bras to fit new measurements.  yup. Super excited. :P 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

In related news to measurements, I think I'm finding out why my bras don't fit very well. ? 

I'm going to take measurements once a month, and then buy two new bras to fit new measurements.  yup. Super excited. :P 

The measurement technique rarely works properly so let me know if you need any help with this!

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Oh I need help, please and thank you. What doesn't work about measurements?

Firstly when you're measuring your back you don't measure as tight as a bra should fit. With a measurement of 41 you might be tempted to go for a 42 but I wouldn't recommend going any larger than a 40, ideally a 38 but you might find that a bit firm depending on what size you've been wearing. 

And for the measurement around the boob, this will tell you a cup size when you work out the difference between the booby meat and the back measurement which will give you a good starting point but think about how you measured this. Did you have a bra on? Because if the bra doesn't fit properly (which it seems you don't think it does hence this conversation!) then it will either not be supporting you properly, or it will be squishing you down, giving an inaccurate number. Were you barechested? Because I dunno about you but my titties aren't where I want them to be with a bra on when I'm not wearing one! If they were I wouldn't bother! Thirdly, all it can tell you is the difference between the two numbers, it can't account for the shape of your boobs which is the biggest determining factor as to what size will fit, and also what styles you should go for. 

A better way is to use the bras you have as a starting point and I can talk you through the fit. If you wanted a video chat I can give you a proper fitting. You don't have to get your boobs out at all. If you're comfortable with me seeing you in the bra it will be easier but there is not even need for that - I can talk you through what to check for and I can suggest sizes based on that. If you don't want to video call that's fine too! We can just make a time to meet on PM here and I can talk you through it.  Whatever you're comfortable with :) 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

19 minutes ago, deftona said:

Firstly when you're measuring your back you don't measure as tight as a bra should fit. With a measurement of 41 you might be tempted to go for a 42 but I wouldn't recommend going any larger than a 40, ideally a 38 but you might find that a bit firm depending on what size you've been wearing. 

And for the measurement around the boob, this will tell you a cup size when you work out the difference between the booby meat and the back measurement which will give you a good starting point but think about how you measured this. Did you have a bra on? Because if the bra doesn't fit properly (which it seems you don't think it does hence this conversation!) then it will either not be supporting you properly, or it will be squishing you down, giving an inaccurate number. Were you barechested? Because I dunno about you but my titties aren't where I want them to be with a bra on when I'm not wearing one! If they were I wouldn't bother! Thirdly, all it can tell you is the difference between the two numbers, it can't account for the shape of your boobs which is the biggest determining factor as to what size will fit, and also what styles you should go for. 

A better way is to use the bras you have as a starting point and I can talk you through the fit. If you wanted a video chat I can give you a proper fitting. You don't have to get your boobs out at all. If you're comfortable with me seeing you in the bra it will be easier but there is not even need for that - I can talk you through what to check for and I can suggest sizes based on that. If you don't want to video call that's fine too! We can just make a time to meet on PM here and I can talk you through it.  Whatever you're comfortable with :) 

Can confirm.  Virtual bra fittings from the master work like a charm.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Wow! Okay! Sure! I can totally handle a video chat! Let me know what day and time works best for you. Time zones are so weird, aren't they? Looks like I'm moving 5 hours behind you. So if you read about anything super tragic happening to me tonight, let me know now and I'll try to stop it from happening before it's evening here. ;) 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Wow! Okay! Sure! I can totally handle a video chat! Let me know what day and time works best for you. Time zones are so weird, aren't they? Looks like I'm moving 5 hours behind you. So if you read about anything super tragic happening to me tonight, let me know now and I'll try to stop it from happening before it's evening here. ;) 

It will have to be towards the end of this week but we'll sort something out! 

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Measurements

Bust-47"

Bandwidth- 41"

Waist- 45"

Belly- 49"

Hips-49"

Left thigh- 27"

Left Calf- 19"

Weight 256.  I feel very bloated. Too much salty celebration food for Mom's birthday and Mother's Day. 

June Measurements:

Bust: 47"

Bandwidth-40.5"

Waist- 43"

Belly- 47.5"

Hips- 49"

Left thigh- 26.5

Left calf- 19"

Weight: 252

There's a definite change in my middle, and I've lost the weight I gained. I'm really excited about this- The gardening and changes in eating are working. 

I'm getting to a point in the gardening where it's not so exhausting, so I'm ready to add more activity to my day. I am NOT excited about this. But I'm going to start walking more consistently again and then keep building up from there. 

• Like 3

That's great progress!  

• Thanks 1

Weigh in  252. 6    I had a lot of bread-like foods this weekend. My brother made pasta salad, and snickerdoodle blondies...and I ate more crackers than usual.  (shrugs) gaining half a pound isn't bad, but I suspect I would've lost weight again had I been a little more picky about my carbs. 

I really want to get under 250 and never look back. :) I'm going to aim to get there before the June 20th challenge starts.  I think I can do it, there are no tempting events with desserts coming up! 

• Like 2

Measurements:

Bust- 47"

Bandwidth- 39.5"

Waist- 44.5"

Belly- 48.5"

Hips- 48"

Left Thigh- 28"

Left calf-19"

Weight 256.8

My hips and bandwidth measurement went down half an inch, and my bust stayed the same, but my thigh, and middle measurements all went up along with my weight. 

I was on vacation, so I expected some weight gain, and most of it in the middle  Some of it is just traveling bloat too.  It was a nice vacation. The apartment wasn't great, but the location was amazing, so we could walk right out to the boardwalk or the beach. The weather got hot, and we rented umbrellas to protect our pasty white skin.  The ocean was cool and fun and all my freckles are out! We ate some terrible food and some great food and it was just great to get away from home. I enjoyed walking on the boardwalk every day.  We did come home a day early to avoid traffic and bad weather, and I'm glad we did. The trip home was really nice, and we're all tired but happy. 

• Like 3