Forums are back in action! ×

1 hour ago, RES said:

Feel this in my soul, I'm struggling to not go overboard and make way too much, and wanting to be sure I (and others) have their favorites! The struggle is real.

Everyone definitely has their favorites, and this is the first year we're not really considering that. We're just making cookies for the cookie decorating party, and everyone will take home cookies, so we won't have too many cookies this year.  The bells recipe doesn't make too many cookies though, so I think it'll be a safe edition.  I'm gonna overthink it. LOL

• Like 1

I've had a bad headache for the last couple of days and I realized that it was caffeine withdrawal.  I've been trying to cut out caffeine for my blood pressure, and I went from drinking a lot of it to none of it, and my headache was pretty bad. So I had a cup of coffee and that seemed to really help things out. I'm hoping tomorrow I don't have this headache. It's just like a shower cap of aching. I need to remember this next time I think about having a second cup of coffee. Sheesh. 

The holiday party was fun! I didn't wear my awesome shoes. I realized they were too fussy for the party, and I was right.When I arrived, most everyone was really casual, so that was a good call. A lot of folks dressed like retired teachers, and I suspect a lot of them are. Most of the attendees were over 70. I still had a good time, it was just a little different than I expected. I left a little early after the older members got into a "The younger folks" rants. :D  I had nothing to contribute to that conversation.  The good news is the food was terrible, so i didnt' overeat at all. I'm still right on target, and there are no weight loss obstacles this week, so I should lose another pound for Saturday's weigh in. 

• Like 5

On 12/8/2023 at 3:37 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Right? It's so hard! So far for decorating we have gingerbread, sugar cookies, and coffee/chocolate. I'd like to make bells (with the red and green centers!) and pecan tassies, and we have all the ingredients to make christmassy rice krispie treats.  First we have a family cookie decorating party so some of those cookies will go with family, and then we'll see how many cookies we need for cookie trays for the christmas eve and christmas day after get togethers. 

the bells may wait until next year. Unless I add cinnamon to them, they're not much different than a sugar cookie. But they would be good with cinnamon and orange zest and they have nostalgic value. THEY'RE BACK IN!..and the pecan tassies aren't necessarily holiday, so they can wait for a family potluck.  Okay. Tassies are put aside for now.  Bells and krispie treats are in.  Only because the krispie treats are Christmas colored, and they're kid friendly for my uncle's family get together.  LOL it's fun to process this. PLUS, my mom is gonna wanna bake so we'll have to rock paper scissors some things. 

How are you choosing this year? 

Those all sound like great choices!

We have a list of family favorites and usually come together as a group to decide which to make... but everyone wants something different so I always feel obligated to make my share of those..  I got tagged with the chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz and chocolate covered mint oreos (I volunteer the kids to do these), the gingercremes (only because they are Peach's favorite and she volunteered to do those).  I got away without getting  tagged for another so I'm putting a list together of the ones I am interested in making and I'll enlist the kids to help me decide... since they are going to help too! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Those all sound like great choices!

We have a list of family favorites and usually come together as a group to decide which to make... but everyone wants something different so I always feel obligated to make my share of those..  I got tagged with the chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz and chocolate covered mint oreos (I volunteer the kids to do these), the gingercremes (only because they are Peach's favorite and she volunteered to do those).  I got away without getting  tagged for another so I'm putting a list together of the ones I am interested in making and I'll enlist the kids to help me decide... since they are going to help too! 

That sounds really delicious, and baking together is so much fun! I hope you have a blast doing it!

Also, what are gingercremes?

• Like 1

I've been reading a book called The Worry Workbook: a 12 Steps to Anxiety-Free Living by Les Carter and Frank Minirth. It's really helping me deal with my feelings since I'm not eating them right now. I had bought the book ten years ago, and it's sat in my kindle because when I first read it, I hated it. But I came back to it, and clearly, I just wasn't ready to hear some things back then. It feels like the book is made for me. I realize that I still have a strong sense of how I think things should be, and that things should be fair, and it's really difficult because life isn't fair.  And I can't fix that, I can't really prepare for that by going to the store and buying toilet paper and eggs, and there's just so much I can't make better.  I realized I'm trying to control things, and I really, really dont' want to be a controlling person. No thank you.

In a way, it's a relief. It's like realizing "These pants are way too tight" and taking them off after a long day. That immediate relief. I'm existing right now in the pause where I'm picking a new pair of pants that are more comfortable, but maybe not as familiar. And I still need to get rid of the old pants that hurt, and I just need to walk around in the comfy pants to realize I can safely chuck out the bad pants. 

:D 

• Like 5

On 12/12/2023 at 7:02 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

That sounds really delicious, and baking together is so much fun! I hope you have a blast doing it!

Also, what are gingercremes?

It's an old family recipe.  They're basically just a soft gingerbread cookie with icing.  

On 12/12/2023 at 7:34 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I've been reading a book called The Worry Workbook: a 12 Steps to Anxiety-Free Living by Les Carter and Frank Minirth. It's really helping me deal with my feelings since I'm not eating them right now. I had bought the book ten years ago, and it's sat in my kindle because when I first read it, I hated it. But I came back to it, and clearly, I just wasn't ready to hear some things back then. It feels like the book is made for me. I realize that I still have a strong sense of how I think things should be, and that things should be fair, and it's really difficult because life isn't fair.  And I can't fix that, I can't really prepare for that by going to the store and buying toilet paper and eggs, and there's just so much I can't make better.  I realized I'm trying to control things, and I really, really dont' want to be a controlling person. No thank you.

In a way, it's a relief. It's like realizing "These pants are way too tight" and taking them off after a long day. That immediate relief. I'm existing right now in the pause where I'm picking a new pair of pants that are more comfortable, but maybe not as familiar. And I still need to get rid of the old pants that hurt, and I just need to walk around in the comfy pants to realize I can safely chuck out the bad pants. 

:D 

Love this! 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Weigh in 223.8 , putting me in for a 1.8 pound loss this week. I'm struttin' today.

Animation Perfect Loops GIF

This was a fun week. My youngest nephew Ernie was in the school band and chorus concert Wednesday night, and I really enjoyed the whole performance. The kids were having a lot of fun, and there's some real potential for them to get pretty good by the time they're upperclassmen. 

I had a really nice lunch out with my sister-in-law yesterday. My relationship with her is complicated, and sometimes she pushes buttons, but we had a great time yesterday. It was good to read the worry workbook, because I realized I was bringing some baggage to the table that wasn't helping, and I made an effort to leave that behind yesterday and it worked really well this time. 

This upcoming week is going to be fun. Tomorrow we're having a birthday party for my SiL and will all decorate cookies together. That's going to be fun and chaotic and we'll all be tired Monday from being social.  But next week, it's buying stuff for Christmas, wrapping presents, and working out a lot. This next week will be pretty cozy and chill before Christmas Eve, and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Bert And Ernie Christmas GIF Merry Christmas GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

• Like 8

It's THE WEEK, isn't it??  Hope you have a wonderful, cozy time leading up to Christmas.

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

The calm before the storm is upon us. This week is quiet, and I am going to really enjoy each day for what it is.  I need to wrap some presents, decorate cookies, and clean the house :D All relaxing activities!

Non-scale victory: My BP was 111/73 today. I don't remember the last time it was that low. I'm really happy with that, and will continue doing the work to keep it here. I feel really good!

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The calm before the storm is upon us. This week is quiet, and I am going to really enjoy each day for what it is.  I need to wrap some presents, decorate cookies, and clean the house :D All relaxing activities!

Sounds very calm but I absolutely get it!  I've got a couple days to wrap all the gifts and make all the cookies before leaving for the Christmas Chaos.  I did land on cookies though!  Peach is making the gingercremes, Qbert is making the dipped Oreos and dipped PB Ritz.  I'm making lemon shortbreak cookies and then the sugar plum shortbread cookies - those are flavored with orange, cinnamon and cloves, and then I'll use strawberry fig jam and it's topped with sugar crystals.  I'm so excited to try them.  

I decided to postpone the crockpot butterscotch Christmas crack cookies and the butter cookies with sprinkles.  We are having a 2nd Christmas with all of our kids so I'll make those fresh for that.  

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Non-scale victory: My BP was 111/73 today. I don't remember the last time it was that low. I'm really happy with that, and will continue doing the work to keep it here. I feel really good!

Yay for non scale victories!  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shello said:

Sounds very calm but I absolutely get it!  I've got a couple days to wrap all the gifts and make all the cookies before leaving for the Christmas Chaos.  I did land on cookies though!  Peach is making the gingercremes, Qbert is making the dipped Oreos and dipped PB Ritz.  I'm making lemon shortbreak cookies and then the sugar plum shortbread cookies - those are flavored with orange, cinnamon and cloves, and then I'll use strawberry fig jam and it's topped with sugar crystals.  I'm so excited to try them.  

I decided to postpone the crockpot butterscotch Christmas crack cookies and the butter cookies with sprinkles.  We are having a 2nd Christmas with all of our kids so I'll make those fresh for that.  

Your cookie tray is gonna be delicious!!! The sugar plum sounds really good, I can't wait to hear how those turn out!

• Like 1

226.5 is my weigh in for this week. My next weigh in will be January 1st! I can't believe the year has zipped by so fast!

I did gain weight this week, but there are many factors in addition to cookies that are playing into that.  I'm not upset by it, I counted everything I ate in my app, and I enjoyed all of it. There was no stress eating, I absolutely decided a lot of holiday food was totally worth the calories. 

Today, Tomorrow, and Tuesday are going to be festive fun days and then we're back to normal. The visiting uncle is here already, and he's in a great mood. He's struggling a little with unhappy memories of his childhood, but Mom and Dad do that every year too, so this is a good house to come to. :) He'll be happy and feel a lot better and then he'll be really sick of us and ready to go home. I don't know how long he plans on staying this time, it doesn't matter, it'll be too long and we'll all sigh about it, and I'll go on long walks and drink a lot of wine.  Maybe I'll read a book! I've been meaning to try the Rivers of London...

Merry Christmas, everyone. Even if you don't celebrate it, I hope it's a great couple of days for you and you get to eat cookies and enjoy the twinkle lights ?

• Like 7

Christmas here was really lovely. On Christmas Eve, my brother and his family came over for dinner and presents, and it was fun. Then Christmas day was really quiet, and last night, we went to my uncle's for a big family Christmas party and it was really such a nice evening. 

It's december 27th, and I promised myself to stop with the festivities and get my ass in gear. I've got my MIND diet spreadsheet back up and active to help remind me to eat lots of vegetables and limit cheese :D Our Weight Loss PVP is up and ready to start January 1st! and I'm back to my exercise schedule.  I want to be really HEALTHY this year and I'm going to spend as much time as I need to make that happen. YEAH!

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

The visiting uncle is still here and announced he'll be here until January 2nd. He's annoying. But this is what I said would happen, so ..yup. At least he's predictable. 

Exercising is going well, and so it the diet.  Today we're cleaning and starting to put away Christmas which is nice. I may go out and run a few errands this afternoon. I really enjoyed Christmas, but I'm looking forward to the quiet rest that winter brings. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Wishing you strength to cope with Uncle Nob'ed! 

Thank you. I did end up swear a lot ina text message to my brother while the uncle explained that it’s RAINING OUTSIDE and that it’s not snowing because it’s too warm

and I just said “I am sitting right here literally experiencing the same weather you are. I get it.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4