Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Jan 1 - Mar 26, 2023)

OK, I’m going to preface this with what I did well this challenge!

? stayed super consistent with workouts, even when I had to modify for injury

? stayed super consistent with tracking food

? average of 125 g protein/ day - coach suggests it could be even a little higher, but this is way more than my baseline

My downfall is turning into a lil snacky bitch late in the day, not every day, but some days. Maybe it would help to externalize that self destructive part of me that neeeeeeeds chips etc just because everyone else is having them. Look, LINDA, you’re clearly not starving, your needs are met, and we both know you’ll feel a lot better tomorrow if you keep your hands out of the snack cupboard tonight!

Starting weight 157.9, starting waist 32 // final weight 155.3, final waist 30.5. Hey, slow progress is better than no progress, and way better than going the wrong way… I’ll take it!

Anyway, despite Linda’s efforts to sabotage my good work, I am pretty sure that I have built a bunch of muscle in the gym. Next 6-12 weeks are for melting off some of this winter fat to show off said muscley bits! 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1
15 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

My downfall is turning into a lil snacky bitch late in the day, not every day, but some days. Maybe it would help to externalize that self destructive part of me that neeeeeeeds chips etc just because everyone else is having them. Look, LINDA, you’re clearly not starving, your needs are met, and we both know you’ll feel a lot better tomorrow if you keep your hands out of the snack cupboard tonight!

I died laughing at this bit. I'm so glad I'm not the only one 

Great job on it all! I can't wait to see what the next 6-12 weeks brings for you. I'm right there with you on wanting to drop the fat to see muscly bits. I've never felt so strong and muscly in my back, I want to see it now, not just feel it. 

• Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

18 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Too funny.  That Linda.  Can you feel her by switching to preportion baked chips, or grapes, or some other snack?  I often find that craving chips just means I'm missing some texture that my healthy lunch or snack isn't providing.  Finding something healthy with a little crunch (I mean there are carrots and other veggies but it has to be kinda fun rught?).  You did great though!  You have some great habits to celebrate and you did make progress!  Here's to the next time around. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

17 hours ago, ElectricTrailRunner said:

Just 1st time posting in here, goal is to get to pre-pandemic weight, which would be losing 25lbs I know it's not going to happen over night but my plan is 4-5lbs a month

Hey, just so you don't miss it, there's a new thread for this! Come on over ?

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.