Meeting was cancelled, so I rested, because last night was a very bad sleep night. Made some miso soup to warm up and hydrate.

This is an excellent cool weather miso soup. The recipe has mushrooms and spinach and milk and melting cheese, like mozzarella. I had my miso premixed with seaweed and grated carrot and sesame seeds and garlic, and I had no spinach, so I added mushrooms and a couple of slices of my harvested ginger, and a little of the leftover corn. Just enough for color, especially since mine focuses on the water for hydration.

It's still basically a broth with decorative bits, but they're very cozy decorative bits. This recipe is autumn-approved. (With spinach, I guess it's cold early spring approved.)

Now that I'm refueled, I shall have to go think about mentally difficult work and strength training, which has been a bit of a physical trial lately.

• Like 5

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

It was not an easy day with lots of productivity, but it was a methodical day with a moderate amount of productivity. That is an accomplishment lately.

Also, for the first time in literally months, I was in bed half an hour before my deadline, and with all the little self-care things done, or at least good-enoughed. (This is partly because I'm kind of tired, and also I've decided my body's refusal to do strength workouts as well as it should is lack of sleep. It's not resting enough to repair. So I was not tempted to sneak in just one little bridge pose (eventually) or one more job off my list.)

I've been doing a lot better on hydration lately, and I've also upped my protein intake. It feels like tons of protein, and it kind of is, because I'm getting it in repetitive ways, but it's been a while since I've really had enough protein.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Also, for the first time in literally months, I was in bed half an hour before my deadline, and with all the little self-care things done, or at least good-enoughed. (This is partly because I'm kind of tired, and also I've decided my body's refusal to do strength workouts as well as it should is lack of sleep. It's not resting enough to repair. So I was not tempted to sneak in just one little bridge pose (eventually) or one more job off my list.)

Fantastic! Is it repeatable?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Fantastic! Is it repeatable?

By other researchers? Almost certainly. By me? Probably not.

• Like 1

The super full moon nearest Halloween? Must be:

Probably there's some magic I'm supposed to do or something.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

It was not an easy day with lots of productivity, but it was a methodical day with a moderate amount of productivity. That is an accomplishment lately.

I've been doing a lot better on hydration lately, and I've also upped my protein intake. It feels like tons of protein, and it kind of is, because I'm getting it in repetitive ways, but it's been a while since I've really had enough protein.

Feels like a reason to celebrate! 

Next challenge is up. (But this one still has a Chappell Roan/Toni Basil mashup, so...)

• That's Metal 1