DrFeelgood - Fitness Fall™ 2024

16 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Thanks for letting me rant, I didn't mean to unload on you.  This day started out with more acceptance, then it turned sour.  I might need to find a new church for a while, some place where I can be anonymous.  That's going to be really hard in this town.

You can rant anytime! We're friends. Friends don't have to be at their best all the time. I'm really sorry you had a crummy day, and I'm glad you could talk about it. I

I can see the appeal of being anonymous. Honestly that's why I joined Nerd Fitness. I needed a fresh start where I controlled the narrative. Then trust was built and  now y'all know too much about me. LOL.  I need to start over! Maybe as a potato. :D  Anonymous Potato!!  You could start over as a different kind of potato like The Unknown Spud.. AAAAAH WE CAN BE SPUDDY BUDDIES!!!!  Okay, now I'm just silly. Goodnight! 

Bad Hair Day Love GIF by Danny Casale

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I wish people would quit trying to coach/counsel (there is no "getting through" this) and just hang out with me.  Why is silence so hard for other people?

I am reminded of Job's friends. They were doing fine while sitting with him silently, but once they started giving advice [shudder]

Silence is hard because they don't want you to feel alone, but you are alone in a truly profound way. 

"I am here for you, however and whenever you need" doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly but I hope/suspect that is what they are meaning to express.

• Like 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Whisper said:

"I am here for you, however and whenever you need" doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly but I hope/suspect that is what they are meaning to express.

Quite, they've all said exactly those words to me.  There are only two problems with that: it puts the onus on me, which means I have to simultaneously care and have enough energy for it; and what I need is my partner, lover, and friend in the worst possible hours of the day and night.  Nobody can meet that.  I've already got all the practical stuff handled.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

First workout coming up later today.

Love it!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Stronglifts has an app.  It told me what to do, and I did it.  Barbells in my own house while listening to a good sermon--and I was able to do small dinner preps during breaks so that when I was finished I could get straight to cooking.  Good stuff.  Let's see if the next 12 weeks can unburden me of grief belly.  Food choices today were excellent:  working out definitely makes it easier to say no to all the things that would undo what I've fought for.

GriefShare was the session I've been looking forward to, and it gave me nothing.  Maybe I need to let it percolate a little more.  I didn't sleep very well last night, and today's exhaustion is being compounded by my macro overhaul.  I've probably been eating between 300 and 500 grams of sugar every day for quite a while, and today I went cold turkey on all the candy and ice cream and carby snacks.  I did allow for 2 Dr Peppers this morning, but tomorrow I'm reining that back in as well.  Today's sugar was less than 100g, and I'm feeling it.  This week is going to suck, but it was probably going to suck anyway, so I might as well suck it in the Lean & Strong direction.

• Like 5

Stronglifts app doesn't prescribe a ramp for deadlifts, so I just put 135 on the floor and did it for four sets before loading up the 1x5 work set.  I'll just keep doing that until my work set gets heavy enough to justify a proper ramp.  Squats and OHP were fine.  I did a decent warmup, but I didn't stretch quite as much as I'd've liked since I was rushing to get dinner on the table.  It'll take a little while for me to find a good rhythm with new workouts and all the regular responsibilities.

Sneaky weight check this morning has me down 2 lbs already on the week.  The belt doesn't seem to agree, but I don't care.  I've got nothing but time.

• Like 3

First week of home gym life is in the books, and I'm pleased with how well it's working so far.  Stronglifts #3 was good.  I enjoy the process of getting stronger.  The process of getting leaner is decidedly less enjoyable.

I tried to skip dinner tonight and just got pizzas for the boys, but I ended up eating a giant salad, a bag of popcorn, a plate of ham and cheese, a bowl of cereal, and a small quesadilla.  Fairly decent food choices all considered, but I probably should have eaten more protein.

• Like 3