Snarkyfishguts Thought a Challenge was a Good Idea

On 9/26/2024 at 6:57 PM, Laghail said:

I hope you like it but you're still hearted in my book, even if you don't. 

Thank you for all these recommendations! I’ll pass them along!  I am going to read tonight! I’ve got my tea things sitting out with promises of a quiet night.

On 9/27/2024 at 12:41 AM, Elastigirl said:

This is so me.?

*high fives, then collapses from exhaustion* ?

On 9/26/2024 at 8:11 PM, Radost said:

Way to go for noticing this and responding! Hope balancing less tracking with maintaining a list to keep your brain quiet goes well. 

Thank you!!  It is a work in progress. I feel like I need a pin that says that or a sticker. Work in progress. Growing Work In Progress GIF by Simian Reflux

• Like 5

It's time for a weekly review!

Saturated fat and Fiber: I liked not tracking, but after the last couple of days,  I think I need to keep doing it. Next week I'll track weekdays and just relax over the weekend. 

Strength training sessions: Adding another set to my mini-workouts turned them into regular workouts and I needed more rest days. So I think it's time to activated the original plan of 2x a week. 

Fun activities: Mom and I danced to Shakira while we were making dinner a couple times this week. That was a LOT of fun. I also caught up on yard work which wasn't as fun as dancing, but really satisfying. 

Things I’m not going to do.

Brooding - Minimal brooding!! YES!

Not weighing in:  Successfully did not do this, and I think that really contributed to the lack of brooding.

No perfect weeks:  This was not a perfect week! YAY! I learned a lot about needing time off this week. 

What I loved about the past week:

Meditating has been really helpful.  Mom and I went shopping on Friday and I bought some slacks and jeans. More importantly, we did NOT run any errands. It was nice to have a day off from caregiving and housework. Bert is driving on his own now, which really frees up my schedule. But it also means I won't have my car during the weekdays. THE PLOT THICKENS.!

What I'm looking forward to Next week:

I'm looking forward to seeing if the 5 days a week of tracking my food is a good compromise. I'm looking forward to apple festivals and digging out some Halloween Decorations.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Also, I've been smelling a weird smell all over the house, and just realized it's me

This happened to me the other day so I had a shower for my lunch break at work ? (luckily I live alone and work from home so there was nobody to offend except myself)

• Haha 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Well, it's been raining a lot, and I think we can say with confidence that the mysterious leak in the basement ceiling is from the roof. Thankfully the roofers are coming tomorrow to inspect it and then hopefully we can get it fixed. It's a slow leak, so that's ...good news? I'll sleep better once the roofers weigh in. 

I was texting my cousin today and I actually wrote and sent to her "I am exhausted." and then I was like "what the heck?" so I had to say "I didn't mean to write that. My subconscious is texting you now."  and she laughed at me and said "ME TOO!" 

I got a planner for 2025, and it started in August, so I've been kinda dancing between planners. I was going to return it becuase the artwork in the corners takes up a lot of space in Sunday, and my Mom said "You know, maybe the new planner is telling you that you need to rest."  and I said "But how will I track this and this and this and this" and she said "MAYBE YOUR NEW PLANNER IS TELLING YOU TO REST"   and I was like "Ohhh....rest..." and then she said "Maybe you should use your planner for planning and not keeping score of how well you're doing." 

GASP

The Muppets What GIF by ABC Network

She has a point. 

Miss Piggy Woman GIF

Also, I just like this scene where Miss Piggy gets mad and super strong. LOL. I'll let you know what happens with the roofers tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

You put your exhaustion out to the universe and IT ANSWERED YOU!! 

• Haha 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

The roofers didn't come today. They are coming tomorrow or Wednesday instead.  No one is particularly happy with this.

The leak doesn't seem to be getting worse, which makes me concerned that it's NOT the roof causing the leak, but something else. But what? It's a mystery, one that I'll be glad to have solved. Hopefully it is definitely the roof and they can fix it easily. 

Worry, worry, worry. 

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The roofers say it’s not the roof, but they’re systematically inspecting the house to determine the source of the leak :) They’ve done roof, windows, and now they’re doing vents.

Roofers are very invested in the concept of their roof not being the problem. And the idea that the vents are leaking and it's somehow the vent that is magically emitting moisture, without requiring a faulty install of roofing tiles and sealant around the vent to cause the leak? Adorable!

• Haha 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

5 hours ago, Laghail said:

Roofers are very invested in the concept of their roof not being the problem. And the idea that the vents are leaking and it's somehow the vent that is magically emitting moisture, without requiring a faulty install of roofing tiles and sealant around the vent to cause the leak? Adorable!

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The roofers say it’s not the roof, but they’re systematically inspecting the house to determine the source of the leak :) They’ve done roof, windows, and now they’re doing vents.

I hope they figure it out. They seem really determined.

Ugh this hurts my soul.  Just went through all of this last month.

• Sad 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

5 hours ago, Laghail said:

In the end, they believe that it’s the windows. They also discovered that the waterproof wrapping doesn’t go the whole way down to the deck. They also found that theres no sealing around the vent, it’s literally just stuck in. So some of the water is actually from the vent, but most of it is from a window, They’re going to come back and fix the waterproofing, properly seal around the vent and fix the issue around the window.  We like these guys, they were really thorough and they reminded me a lot of my Fix It Uncle in like “Okay, this is a mystery, let’s solve it.” Which is a lot better than the Gutter Guy that came before. He was super defensive and twitchy and we wouldn’t let him in the house. These guys didn’t have any ego attached to the problem. 

11 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Ugh this hurts my soul.  Just went through all of this last month.

It’s such a pain, right? We liked these guys though. They’ve set up a temporary fix and will be back for a permanent fix with their team. Hopefully in a couple weeks, we’ll have some fizzy water and laugh about all of this. ‘Oh la! Remember when everything was leaking?” :D 

You don’t have leaks anymore, right?

• Like 6

On 9/25/2024 at 3:32 PM, Laghail said:

Honestly, don't most books need a talking cat?? It was the best of times, the worst of times, - a talking cat would have interrupted all that drama.

image.jpeg.fa557291a7f1c555fee2f5bf5a283fe8.jpegimage.jpeg.e9c9501003bceadef64ee6f12e281aeb.jpegimage.jpeg.6bbf512282e9c7286cd6dd33a1de00af.jpeg

Cursed cocktails is delightful! I am on chapter 12. It’s cozy with just enough mystery. Thanks for recommending it. I’m gonna keep reading

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Cursed cocktails is delightful! I am on chapter 12. It’s cozy with just enough mystery. Thanks for recommending it. I’m gonna keep reading

Yeee! The sequel barely has either characters from book 1 in it, and it's more "adventure-y", but it stays cozy and charming. 

image.jpeg.01151e0f5864c3dc2de1a65630916f56.jpeg

Spoiler

The main character of book two is that ranger who gets drunk at the bar and blabs about hunting rare ingredients for the gastronomy club, and then book two just goes and follows his ingredient hunting for the whole book. Just cozy fun. 

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

In the end, they believe that it’s the windows. They also discovered that the waterproof wrapping doesn’t go the whole way down to the deck. They also found that theres no sealing around the vent, it’s literally just stuck in. So some of the water is actually from the vent, but most of it is from a window, They’re going to come back and fix the waterproofing, properly seal around the vent and fix the issue around the window.  We like these guys, they were really thorough and they reminded me a lot of my Fix It Uncle in like “Okay, this is a mystery, let’s solve it.” Which is a lot better than the Gutter Guy that came before. He was super defensive and twitchy and we wouldn’t let him in the house. These guys didn’t have any ego attached to the problem. 

Wow, they sound seriously quality. Fingers crossed!!

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

3 hours ago, Laghail said:

Wow, they sound seriously quality. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks! They put temporary waterproofing up that doesn't look pretty, but the leak is finally drying out in the house, and we're really excited about that. Of course, looking at the state of things in the southern states, our little leak feels pretty insignificant, but I'm pretty sure no one is keeping score. 

21 hours ago, Everstorm said:

No, we replaced the roof

I'm sorry that it leaked before it got replaced.  I honestly find homes very stressful, but then again, being a renter is very stressful too.

We got our roof replaced last year? Two years? We were getting mice in the attic which is like a deeeeeeep phobia of my mom's.  They were chewing through rotted wood. We were basically one bad storm away from watery disaster. I think that's why this leak was so stressful, because we were like "The roof shouldn't be doing this." and now that we know it's the side of the house, it gives us more confidence in the roof.

• Like 5

I'm back to tracking saturated fat and fiber and it feels pretty good. I'm back to aiming for under 20 grams of saturated fat and over 20 grams of fiber instead of going for 12 grams of saturated fat and 28 grams of fiber.  I read that 12 grams of saturated fat is heart healthy which is awesome, but I am working really hard to kinda stay under 20 right now, and I'm accepting that I'm not ready to level up yet. I'm taking sundays off too, so I'm never going to build up a 200 day streak, but I think that's important for me and my wellness at this point in time. 

I'm walking a lot, but strength training hasn't happened yet. I don't know why. My brain is just like screaming and holding onto the door frame every time I think "I should workout." I'm really tired.  I think this is my JUST DO IT thing for the West Marches campaign. It's starting to chew holes through my to-do lists.  I spent two hours looking at fitness tracking charts yesterday instead of actually fitnessing. Ugh... I'll be back. I can HEAR some of you saying "Today isn't over, go get it done"   grumble grumble. I'll be back to tell you it's done. grumble grumble. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm walking a lot, but strength training hasn't happened yet. I don't know why. My brain is just like screaming and holding onto the door frame every time I think "I should workout." I'm really tired.  I think this is my JUST DO IT thing for the West Marches campaign. It's starting to chew holes through my to-do lists.  I spent two hours looking at fitness tracking charts yesterday instead of actually fitnessing. Ugh... I'll be back. I can HEAR some of you saying "Today isn't over, go get it done"   grumble grumble. I'll be back to tell you it's done. grumble grumble. 

I dunno man, a big part of strength training is managing CNS fatigue. If you're finding you need to do some fatigue management atm (getting some fukcing rest) that certainly is part of the process.

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

19 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I dunno man, a big part of strength training is managing CNS fatigue. If you're finding you need to do some fatigue management atm (getting some fukcing rest) that certainly is part of the process.

You're right. Sometimes when I feel this way, working out feels better, like empowering. But lately, I just feel tired and things hurt.  Like just now...No.. You are right.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm walking a lot, but strength training hasn't happened yet. I don't know why. My brain is just like screaming and holding onto the door frame every time I think "I should workout."

Love this description.  I know exactly what you mean and think I'm going through something similar.   Hope rest is the answer for you and that you are able to get some. 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

20 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

If we were neighbors, I would invite you over for pasta, wine, and quiet. <4 

I would love that!  <4

• Like 2