DrFeelgood - FF24 Take Two

Fitness Fall™ 2024 failed to launch in my previous challenge, but it was still summer here anyway.  Now that the weather is finally cooling off we can get down to business for Take Two.

• DRINK:  one Dr Pepper each morning.
  • EAT:  nutritous meals at Lunch and Dinner, minimal junk snacks, NO ICE CREAM (empahsis for my benefit), energy target range is 1800-2000 kcal per day.
  • MOVE:  Stronglifts 5x5, MWF.  Piece of cake now that I have a home gym.  I might even expand this goal to 5 days per week with cardio on T/Th once I establish a new household rhythm.

Grief belly has piled nearly 20 pounds on since Amber's passing 3 months ago.  That's not good.  This challenge I mean to drop at least half of that.  Week Zero has already been solid.

Challenge grid is ready to go, and so am I.  Let's run the program and see what comes out the other side.

• Like 8

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Week Zero Check-in:  pretty decent.  I've tightened up my Drink goal, and I made good strides with my Eat goal before stomach issues messed up my appetite for Friday-Saturday.  Even so I managed to lose a couple pounds and preserve some lean mass with the help of my home gym and a solid week hitting all of my Move goals.  It's a good start that could've been a little better.  Nothing wrong with room to improve.

• Like 5

On 10/19/2024 at 7:47 AM, DrFeelgood said:

NO ICE CREAM 

Shocked Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

Following for FF and spreadsheets! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

W1D1:  one DrP.  I also had a Coke Zero and a DrP Zero while out and about in the early afternoon, but those have no calories so I'm not counting them against my goals.  For lunch I made a plate of stacked cheese enchiladas, and throughout the afternoon I snacked on some potato chips and a bit of cheddar cheese.  For dinner I made a big batch of oven-roasted chicken thighs with potatoes and a side of steamed fresh green beans.  The extra snacking ran my day up to 2411 kcal, but I'm perfectly content with that.  It's red on the grid, but it's green in whatever's left of my heart.

For unclear reasons (I'm not all that interested in exploring it right now) I seem to do okay most of the time, but going to church is really tanking my disposition.  Last week I was genuinely looking forward to it, then when I got there I hated it.  This week I was pretty averse to it before I even left the house, but I made myself go.  It only got worse once I was there.  I actually left early and went to buy groceries.  That cleared my mind up a little bit (it still sucks shopping without Amber), and once I was back home I was able to get on with the day.  I did a bunch of cleaning and laundry and the like (with only a little bit of crying on the toilet).  In the afternoon I took Butch to the home centers to buy lumber for his bed, so that project will be kicking off this week.  While cooking dinner I checked in with Boomer just to make sure he's back on track for the week ahead since his Fall Break is ending.  In the evening I gave Brick a haircut since he was home from college for Sunday dinner.  Pretty successful day for a single dad:  I'd probably be happy about it if it didn't hurt so freaking much.  I don't even need Amber here to do anything, I've got it all handled--I just want her back.

Hope y'all don't mind a broken record.  I think I'll be echoing that to my grave.

Tomorrow is going to be a struggle, but I'm determined to get my workout done despite all the other stuff that will be clogging up my day.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Hope y'all don't mind a broken record.  I think I'll be echoing that to my grave.

I think I speak for us all when I say we don't. Use this place as you need to. I can't imagine how tough this is for you DFG. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

W1D2:  one DrP in the morning and a Diet DrP (no harm, no foul).  For lunch I ate leftover roast chicken with potatoes and green beans.  Dinner was GF penne with a jarred pasta sauce and grilled Italian sausage.  I snacked on some potato chips and a bit of cheese.  1801 kcal

Move was good enough; I did the whole 5x5 while prepping dinner.  I wish I'd had a little more time for warmup and stretching, but my Mondays are insane.  I was at work until 5, then I had to pick up Butch at volleyball practice and take him home only to turn right around and head to GriefShare until 8.  By the time I rushed through my lifts and got food on the table it was nearly 9pm, and I still had a bunch of cleaning to do as well as prepping food for the next day; and it was my mom's birthday so I took a break to call and wish her happy birthday.  I don't know if it was the extra caffeine from earlier or just the busyness of the day, but even after I sat down and knocked out some late guitar practice I still couldn't get my brain to stop swirling until nearly 2am.  I'm pretty wiped.  At least today should be simpler.

• Like 5

W1D3:  one DrP in the morning, no supplemental caffeine.  Lunch was the last portion of roast chicken with potatoes and green beans.  For dinner I braised pork carnitas in the slow cooker all day while I was at work so the boys and I could make tacos with corn tortillas, diced onion, cilantro, and some queso fresco for garnishes.   They were excellent.  1871 kcal

After cooking/cleaning/prepping I tried to do some guitar practice, but it wasn't really cooperating with me and I started to feel a little nauseous as it went on.  I called it an early night, watched a few videos, and then went to bed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

For dinner I braised pork carnitas in the slow cooker all day while I was at work so the boys and I could make tacos with corn tortillas, diced onion, cilantro, and some queso fresco for garnishes.   They were excellent.

Nice!  I just made the same thing last night to bring into work.  I made a quesadilla with mine with a quesadilla maker someone brought into work.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I tried to do some guitar practice, but it wasn't really cooperating with me and I started to feel a little nauseous as it went on. 

I get this sometimes too when I'm practicing the ukulele or banjo! It's weird, but goes away when I stop. It's like I need to stretch and walk and rest my brain. 

Dinner sounded really good!