Forums are back in action! ×

weirdest thing I've seen all week

i'm sitting in the cr@pper typing this... i'll get you later... :)

bahahaha, you are so my hero!! XD

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

and good for all of y'all! very proud! :D the members of the Rebellion are surely the best! <3

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Got me too! Managed to get to 40 - wobbly form at the end but still got there. Want to be at 50 in a row by July 8th - cheers for the sneak fitness boost!

Woah, I respect that! 40 pushups! That makes my 26 seem like nothing. Nice work!

Thanks very much Ghost!! As I said, the form wasn't great towards the end though! I just count mentally in 10s - it makes it seem much easier to me to think 'I've just got to get to 10' and then again, then again, then again. That way I don't check whether my arms hurt or I'm uncomfortable or whatever for the first few sets - I'm too busy concentrating on counting properly and remembering how many 10s I've done! Works for me a bit - I'm sure others do it differently.

My current challenge > My previous challenge

∴ I will be > what I am

I'm at 120 push ups a day in 4 sets 30 reps, but I hardly ever test my max in a row. I got to 50, which was tough, but I had a few more in me. My lab has no ventilation and heats up like a sauna, so I can't get too sweaty, because it is impossible to cool off. Plus my arms are plenty sore from the gym about an hour ago. Boy, I'm full of excuses today. I'll go for a max again this evening to make up for it.

Thanks for the sneak attack!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Curses! Lucky it's pretty empty at the library today.

*saunters to the back of the stacks to knock out push ups*

wait, do you work at a library?

Yep, I sure do!

rock out. as do I. I work at a collegiate library though, not a public one. :)

World's Strongest Librarian is a cute little site I stumbled across a while back.

:) And kudos to this entire community who do it just for the kick of it - that is the true meaning of community~!

SECONDED!!

Yea, I work at a graduate and professional studies school library :)

wicked!

Well played sir.

Snuck out to one of the porta-cabins out the back of work and knocked out 10 for you before anyone could come and ask what the hell I was doing!!

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Archived