Forums are back in action! ×

Wedding ARGH (not mine)

Morrigainz

So. A friend of mine is getting married. Cool, right? I dunno...

Her BFF is organizing the bachelorette party and bridal shower, which I was invited to weeks ago. I agreed to pick up the bride and some water (I will also be chipping in for the hotel room of course).

As of today, I still haven't been invited to the wedding. Last week sometime I asked her on Facebook (how effing awkward is that???) if I was invited and she was all "oh yeah I've been so scatterbrained my friend (the one organizing stuff) didn't even get one but you're totes invited!" so I was like, ok, so what are the details? I don't even know when the godforsaken thing is.

Never got a response to my question. Today she posts on Facebook "15 days to go!" so I'm assuming she is getting married on July 14. So am I invited? Am I not invited? Did she tell me I was invited because it was too awkward to tell me I wasn't?

Really thinking about backing out of the bachelorette party now. It's a 2 hour drive for me anyway.

Also found out my ex is going to be at the bachelorette party and the wedding...for photography. Last I knew he wasn't a professional photographer...not even a great one. Also - who has someone photograph their bachelorette party???

Seriously...

/rant

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm not sure what the etiquette is if you invite someone to the bachelorette but not the wedding, but if your're invited to the bachelorette party I would assume you're also invited to the wedding?

And yeah I agree you on in being strange having a photographer there!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Agreed. I wouldn't go. Would send regrets re party.

Then.... let it go..... and enjoy not being a part of the crazy drama train....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

If your ex is going to a bachelor party, they are either female or gay. Honestly, I'd look at it as a plus that you don't have to go to a wedding. I mean, my wedding rocked because we grabbed it by the haunches and humped it into submission. She's not doing that and I would bet money that it's going to be a total mess, boring, or both.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

I would avoid this. Heck, I recently bartended a wedding that was a near disaster (as recognized by the groom: myself, my fellow bartender, my friend who was a bridesmaid who got me the gig, and the DJ were the entirety of the reasons it wasn't a complete disaster), and the bride was far more organized than this one sounds.

I should probably elaborate.

I remember when my friends and I were in the getting married stage, and we were all obsessed in doing everything correctly, ettiquette-wise. It may be just a Southern gal thing, but I think most, if not all brides want to come off as put together. It seems like using her disorganized mess as an excuse for lack of invite is a huge indicator that perhaps you weren't formally invited. Weddings are expensive-to invite someone by mouth is strange, unless they're just rolling in the $$$

Ettiquette-wise, Emily Post would say if you are invited to the bachelorette/any shower, you should be invited to the wedding.

As for the ex thing, that is just strange. And I avoid situations with exes, unless I look hot. lol.

just keep on trucking...

Thanks for the reinforcement guys...this is pretty much what I was thinking.

Airen...I am not a big fan of Emily Post, but here I DEFINITELY agree with her!

And I mean, it would kind of be cool to see the ex and wave my wedding ring in his face (okay, just a little bit - can you blame me?) but not sure it is worth all this aggravation and irritation :P

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Agreed with the others here--even assuming the best, if she's this disorganized about the invitations, imagine what the rest of the wedding's going to be like! I'd send my regards, a nice congratulatory card, and stay far, far away!

seems like too much drama, girl.

and you've got other stuff (important!) to spend your time on, with people you love. go do that instead of wondering.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I'm late to the show here, but my sister and I were both invited to a bachelorette party and shower (when we both lived at home). Then the wedding invite comes and it's only my name. More checking around, only half our friends were invited to the wedding. Purposely. And purposely invited to the gift-giving shower and bachelorette party. Turns out they didn't have the budget for a "big" wedding and she seemed truly oblivious to how rude it was.

She's divorced now.

And there was no open bar at the wedding. Or, bar at all?!?

Everyone loses.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I did have a friend who legitimately didn't get her invites in until a week out from her wedding, and invited several people in person as she remembered them. They didn't want to have invitations at all though, thought it was too impersonal and wanted to invite everyone in person, but then realized it wasn't practical, started making really awesome hand-made invitations, and got overwhelmed by the amount of work it was. They were also only engaged for 2 1/2 months. I was in the bridal party and had the wrong date until a week before (she changed it but forgot to tell me). The wedding actually went really well, but that week before, holy crap, we fit a lot in there...

That said, it doesn't sound like this bride has much in common with my nomadic friend. I'd steer clear of the whole thing. Definitely not worth it.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

...my wedding rocked because we grabbed it by the haunches and humped it into submission.

OMG hahahaha I look like a giggling idiot right now!

But seriously, don't waste your time driving 2 hours to her bachelorette party if she wasn't even polite enough to give you a real invitation.

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived