Forums are back in action! ×

Hello pull up? This is Kuiken!

Kuiken

Finally did my first pull up today! I had attempted one at the house this morning on a wooden beam and got my eyes over the beam, but was missing those last few inches (probably due to not having the greatest of grips). Later at the gym I decided to just give it a go on the real pull up bar and BAM! up and over! I totally wanted to do a touch down dance, but the gym was too crowded, so I settled for playing it cool ("oh that pull up? Yeah it was like my millionth one ever-meh."). The touch down dance was saved until I was home. I'm planning to try it again on Thursday because I'm still in disbelief that it even happened!

Now for pull up number 2!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

Congrats!! do you plan on doing weighted pullups later on? They can be fun too :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

AWESOME!!!!!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Congrats Chickita!! I know you've been trying for weeks, so well done. Now for PU #2!! PS. You should definitely try that touch down dance again, it probably did happen :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Congratulations! I've tried a normal push up yesterday and failed, so i can't even beging to imagine how amazing it must feel to do a proper pull up!

You sir, have my deepest respect :D

Thank you! A year ago I was only able to do 3 normal push ups before collapsing in an exhausted heap, so don't worry you'll get there! And once you get one, well you just have to go for 2, then 3, and of course 4..... :D

Killer congrats, Pull ups are tough. They can also be addictive.

See you above the bar.

So true-first thing I did was try to do a second one! But I had to settle for a few negatives instead. For now anyway!

Congrats!! do you plan on doing weighted pullups later on? They can be fun too :)

Hmm-weighted pullups sound like a super challenge! I will have to look into that when I feel like regular pullups are getting too easy (there will be another woot thread for when I start complaining that regular pullups are just "too easy"-hahaha!).

AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks! So siked! P:D

Congrats Chickita!! I know you've been trying for weeks, so well done. Now for PU #2!! PS. You should definitely try that touch down dance again, it probably did happen :)

Thanks so much! I was so chuffed that all those bent-over rows, negatives, inverse pullups, etc... had FINALLY paid off! And if I'm able to do it again on Thursday, the touch down dance is so going down. Maybe other people will join in my celebration!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Great job! Good work.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Hmm-weighted pullups sound like a super challenge! I will have to look into that when I feel like regular pullups are getting too easy (there will be another woot thread for when I start complaining that regular pullups are just "too easy"-hahaha!).

Well, i guess you too will notice that its 'easier' to add more pullups now that you can do one. And personally i think more then 10 pullups are starting to get boring, so slowly adding weight (like 2lbs extra) and trying to do as many pullups as possible is really fun.

But sure, i can't wait to see that other woot thread of yours :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Well, i guess you too will notice that its 'easier' to add more pullups now that you can do one. And personally i think more then 10 pullups are starting to get boring, so slowly adding weight (like 2lbs extra) and trying to do as many pullups as possible is really fun.

But sure, i can't wait to see that other woot thread of yours :)

True-I hate counting reps-I think the max I can do is about 20 before my mind starts to wander. Plus I'd rather save time doing less at a heavier weight. Hmmm-weighted pull ups may be in my near future after all!

I'm dying to know how today went??

Ugh-I did it, but it was much harder than the first. I did another today and it was easier than the second, but still harder than the first. When I did the first one I had basically taken a week off from arm weights, so I might be over training and that's why now that I'm back on weight training the pull ups are more difficult. Still in love with them though :witless:

Wowza! Great job on the first of many to come.

Thanks! I'm totally hooked on these suckas!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Archived