Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Oh man, the bloody Secret. If focusing on something made it happen, I'd be a millionaire by now. All those interviews Steve did with Joe, Saint, etc would all be "how did you lose all that weight?" "I focused on being thin really hard..." rather than diet and exercise.

Quantum mechanics has led to so much utter bullshit about reality, it makes my head hurt. It's high time science abandoned the word "quantum" - it's been lost to the quacks and the loonies. You can even get quantum dishwasher tablets these days. Schrödinger is revolving underground as I type these words... assuming he's dead, that is. I guess he is and he isn't at the same time unless I go and check, and I really can't be bothered right now.

Focus is step one. Doing something is steps two to infinity. The secret is that there is no secret - just luck, hard work and determination. But magic is so much easier, so let's believe in that instead.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Focus is step one. Doing something is steps two to infinity. The secret is that there is no secret - just luck, hard work and determination. But magic is so much easier, so let's believe in that instead.

One of my graduate adivsor's favorite phrases (that I've picked up and still use) was a paraphrased quote from Louis Pasteur: "Luck favors the prepared." (Apparently the real quote is "In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind." )

• Like 2

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

"The Secret" is bs. It's not physically possible to focus on anything and have it happen. But! The human brain takes in over 7 billion pieces of information per second. You can choose to focus on any of those things -- so if you're focusing on anything that could possibly be negative, you are going to emanate a negative emotion, getting you a negative response. Managing your emotional states is everything. Leaving yourself to random chaos is silly.

One of my graduate adivsor's favorite phrases (that I've picked up and still use) was a paraphrased quote from Louis Pasteur: "Luck favors the prepared." (Apparently the real quote is "In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind." )

I am reminded of the man who met the mother of a successful Broadway producer and remarked on how lucky her son was to be so successful.

"Yes he is," she agreed. "And the harder he works, the luckier he seems to get."

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I've recently heard it said that you get what you focus on. Weather the universe falls into line to bring you that, or you begin to subconsciously take measures to achieve whatever it is you're after. So to my understanding, and using fitness as an example: you'd be better served to focus your attention on your journey to and end goal of fitness (whatever that means for you) than to focus on your journey away from an unhealthy lifestyle. It may seem like only semantics but the difference is huge and can, in fact, be a game changer. 

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

The dreaded day approaches.....I'm turning 40 in a few months time. 

I haven't been to see a doctor in years so I'm thinking I should get a check up of some sort.

Things I can think of that might be useful info:

- eye test

- cholesterol

- prostate (oh no, not sure I can face that!)

- blood pressure

Anything else worth getting tested?

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I haven't been to see a doctor in years so I'm thinking I should get a check up of some sort.

- eye test

- cholesterol

- blood pressure

don't have to face them for a prostrate exam, but that usually starts at 50.

They will do a standard blood work up which will cover all that. Hearing test? If you don't have a partner, maybe a once over looking for skin cancers, moles, etc, especially on your back where you can't see.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

- eye test

- cholesterol

- blood pressure

Better than facing a Colonoscopy.  Or worse, a Cystoscopy...

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

I haven't been to see a doctor in years so I'm thinking I should get a check up of some sort.

- eye test

- cholesterol

- blood pressure

I had my 4th "prostate exam" when I was 24. The doc (at least he told me he was one) really dug in there, with his other hand pulling on my hip. Also, I kind of vaguely remember two hands on my shoulder once now that I think about it. (Though I don't want to.)

I had my 4th "prostate exam" when I was 24. The doc (at least he told me he was one) really dug in there, with his other hand pulling on my hip. Also, I kind of vaguely remember two hands on my shoulder once now that I think about it. (Though I don't want to.)

There must be a ghost who really enjoys watching prostate exam, or a nurse.

I'd say I like the ghost version better. 

- eye test

- cholesterol

- blood pressure

Parasites (dregs/urine)

don't have to face them for a prostrate exam, but that usually starts at 50.

They will do a standard blood work up which will cover all that. Hearing test? If you don't have a partner, maybe a once over looking for skin cancers, moles, etc, especially on your back where you can't see.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks wildross, both really good ideas which I hadn't thought of.

Also happy to put the prostate exam off for another 10 years ;)

Parasites (dregs/urine)

Whaaaat?!! Parasites in your wee, OMG is that a real thing?!  

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

What's the protocol after a prostate exam anyways? Do you slap the doctor or send him flowers?

Start off by telling the doc, "Dinner and a movie first, pal"  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

- eye test

- cholesterol

- blood pressure

I would say, on the subject of eyes, that as well as checking for any changes in perception you should also ask for a "pressure test" ( I am directly translating from my native Swedish here) to find early signs of future cataract. An optician can perform a test for this in a matter of minutes but I do not think it is standard issue. But it tends to start somewhere between forty and fifty if you have the genetic disposition for it. (And if found in time it is very easy to take care of)

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1