Forums are back in action! ×

New Dresden book!!!!

gillygirl

Do I lose cool points if I admit I had to Google this? Not a tourist guide to Dresden then...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

How many haven't I read?

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

*gulp*

Read or burpee. Your choices are clear :)

So says your friendly despot ruler.

Ooh, you're a hard taskmaster. Ok, I added the first one to my TBR list - that means I only have 130 burpees to do. Lucky we scouts have plenty of stamina, eh? :P

I had a hard time getting into the first one, I admit it. What I did, on my aunts suggestions, is get it on audio book. There was something about giving him a voice that made it so much easier to get through. Once I listened to the first one I read them all in about a month (oh wondrous glut!!!) and then have been waiting since summer to get to read this one! Basically it came down to being able to find the humor between some of the whining. I hate whining and the first one has quite a bit of it. Didn't hurt that the first one was read by James Marsters :D

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GillyGirl, level 1 Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Cor bloimey - in 'is verray convincin' cockney accent, pet?

Haven't picked it up yet. For those who've read it...what's the verdict? Has anyone read the Codex Alera series? Thoughts?

I'm reading Chima's "Seven Realms" as of now. God so far.

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

I am waiting for the audio book - it is soo great for the long hikes with the dog.

And it is so great the the series continue - I really thought that death was the end, but not in fantasy :-)

LVL 2 Ranger: Steppenwolf

STR: 5,0 | DEX: 5,0 | STA: 3,0 | CON: 4,0 | WIS: 3,0 | CHA: 3,0

Height:175 | Weight: 97.5 kg

Those who have seen, knows.

I recently got all of the audio books. I think i'm going to listen through all of them before getting the new book (i've read them all, but it's been so long...). no spoilers!

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I had a hard time getting into the first one, I admit it. What I did, on my aunts suggestions, is get it on audio book. There was something about giving him a voice that made it so much easier to get through. Once I listened to the first one I read them all in about a month (oh wondrous glut!!!) and then have been waiting since summer to get to read this one! Basically it came down to being able to find the humor between some of the whining. I hate whining and the first one has quite a bit of it. Didn't hurt that the first one was read by James Marsters :D

My nephew hooked me in the series. I thought the first book was okay, and each book a little better. But about the 3rd or 4th book the he really hit his stride - and the remainder of the series is awsome. I've just gotten the 1st book of the Alera Codex, but I'm saving it for a treat over my Christmas vacation.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I'm starting to seriously work on my Dresden costume. i've got some shield charms coming in., once they're in i can make by shield bracelet. I've already got a duster. just need a staff and pentacle to be acceptable, but i want an airsoft revolver and a blasting rod as well.

I'm starting to seriously work on my Dresden costume. i've got some shield charms coming in., once they're in i can make by shield bracelet. I've already got a duster. just need a staff and pentacle to be acceptable, but i want an airsoft revolver and a blasting rod as well.

That's awesome. Would love to see it finished.

I finished the new book, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ogre Ranger (1st Level)

Stats: (STR) - 3 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 2 (CON) - 3 (WIS) - 3 (CHA) - 3

Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also. -M.A.

I tore through Cold Days in one afternoon ... I think I might go back and read the whole series again, some of the things you learn in this book put what's already happened in a really different light.

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

I tore through Cold Days in one afternoon ... I think I might go back and read the whole series again, some of the things you learn in this book put what's already happened in a really different light.

yeah, yeah it does.  I picked up early on though that things were going to go a bit wonky.  cold days confirmed that.

Archived