Forums are back in action! ×

First Rule of Zombie Apocalypse: Cardio

Hello everyone! I'm new

I found the site looking for ways to climb a wall... and I found a place that thinks like me! HOW AWESOME!!

Growing up, I learned me that eating out every day was okay, and 20 hours of TV was alright too - this led them to a short life of bad health of some of my immediate family...  At 30 I decided enough and decided to walk 5ks... then quarter marathons. Then one day I found CrossFit and really thought it was fun. Then I was introduced to Weight Lifting. I was in love. Dead lifts were my world. Even gearing up for knee surgery I was still at my box, working out with severely scaled down workouts (two of us had bad left legs, we were the MOD-Squad) after my surgery my life and schedule changed a bit and I was out of the game for a while, when I was able to get back to the box, I was constantly ending up doing running WODs, and seeing other classes at the same box getting lifting WODs. I was really bummed out, and felt that going to a regular gym I could go when ever my schedule felt like it, and I didn't have to adhere to the box's choice of WOD. 

I am gearing up for my third and fourth Mud Run this year, and was looking for ways to prep my upper body for some of the events, and found this site... I am a little bummed that I missed out on the Challenge... but Ill take this time to get to know people, the forum etc... and join up next round. 

My Name, well...  I walk, and I dead lift... and zombies are awesome... match made in heaven. 

Please feel free to friend me, I need all the support I can get... I tend to fall off the Paleo wagon more then I would like too. 

Nice to meet you and welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Looks like you've already picked your guild, and you can still join the challenge.

Mud Run, I've always wanted to try that! Also the Zombie 5k, Spartan, and Marine mud race. But unfortunately money is tight, and the only races close to me are still 3 hours away. I love your name BTW! I have a soft spot for zombie stuff to, and I used to watch Walking Dead but stopped when they killed Merle.

Glad to have you in the Rebellion! See you in the battlefield.

Nice to meet you. 3rd and 4th mud runs sound awesome. I have considered it but don't know if I am fit enough.

What tips would you offer a first timer?

Congrats on getting back in the game and best of luck!

You can see in my profile, I am a big girl... so basically just getting out there and trying was a big deal for me. The first Warrior Dash I did, I basically skipped most of the events... but I did try them. It was the most recent race, Pretty Muddy, where I was able to accomplish all of the events... Even beating the 9ft tall cargo net climb (something I NEVER thought I could acomplish) that boost helped me climb over a 6 ft wall later on in the race and at the end I realized I had done EVERY ONE of the events.

Upper Body Strength is the most important thing, Its something I'm working on now.

Dont worry about not being a runner either. You can still walk the course.

Just don't be afraid and do it..... then laugh about it later.

You can see in my profile, I am a big girl... so basically just getting out there and trying was a big deal for me. The first Warrior Dash I did, I basically skipped most of the events... but I did try them. It was the most recent race, Pretty Muddy, where I was able to accomplish all of the events... Even beating the 9ft tall cargo net climb (something I NEVER thought I could acomplish) that boost helped me climb over a 6 ft wall later on in the race and at the end I realized I had done EVERY ONE of the events.

Upper Body Strength is the most important thing, Its something I'm working on now.

Dont worry about not being a runner either. You can still walk the course.

Just don't be afraid and do it..... then laugh about it later.

That's awesome advice! Thank you. 

I am also a big girl and that's what has kept me from participating in such activities. I might just have to give it a whirl, though :) 

Archived