Forums are back in action! ×

Once there was a young lady named Spoonymog. Spoonymog loved video games, D&D, Comics and she also loved the outdoors, and sports.

One day while playing a soccer, her team was getting beat down by some of the meanest girls in the league. The only thing that stood between victory and loss was their star goalie, Spoony. She would save goals left, right... up and down. But the girls on the other team were not only mean, but rough as well, and soon the ganged up on Spoonymog, slamming her into the ground and injuring a back that was already on its last legs.

Spoony couldn't walk. She couldn't run, jump or play. The only thing she could do that did not cause her pain was play games, and so she turned to League of Legends. It was competitive just like soccer, and it helped her to forget the pain and sadness for a while.

After a long time, her back got better, but all that time sitting around had taken its toll and now she was more then 20 pounds larger then previous. Things seem bleak for little Spoonymog, mad at the world and herself she drowns herself in video games hoping it will go away on its own.

-- 

So, I was injured and just let myself go due to pain. I am finding it hard to motivate myself enough (or have the time) to get my exercise in. I am also super forgetful and forget to do things like drink water and eat if I get too distracted. But I want to lose the weight I gained and then some... I just am not sure where to start.

So I am going to look around this site I guess and try to figure out whats going on.

Welcome!

Well, first of all what are your long term goals? After you have set that in stone then it's easier to find a starting point. Plus, you've said that your back is better, do you still have some limitations or is it completely healed?

The secret to successful weight loss relies on 80% diet and 20% exercise, what are your nutrition plans?

Furthermore, I would have beaten the crap out of every one of those girls on the other team for hurting a teammate!

Glad to have ya, I'm also a game Nerd, only way I could feel like a superhero since I was overweight.

My long term goals are to be able to fit into mediums so I don't have to get frustrated over clothing. Short term is to lose the 20 pounds I have gained. I still have limitations as it will never fully heal (Like, playing in net is something that will hurt me again). I was doing machines to limit my movement so I don't overextend. 

My nutrition plans are to start drinking water and eat more then one large meal a day, I am told I should be snacking throughout the day. I don't eat a lot of junk or sweets... I just eat late at night and let it all sit. 

Thank you for the welcome. This place seems awesome, and supportive. 

I know what you mean about getting frustrated over clothing, it doesn't help that most of women's clothing are to tight, short, and form fitting. But it just gives us something to strive to!

So your lifting weights? That's good, it will make you stronger! Cardio will help with weight loss alongside weight lifting, but it all comes down to intensity. If your workouts aren't done with 110% focus, results won't come as fast. That's why I like to time my workouts, if it goes over 30 minutes I will work faster next time. HIIT is another good one since they only should go up to 12-20 minutes, so if your strapped for time you can custom make one to last as short as 4 minutes. Last ones are AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible), set the timer for 10-12 minutes and perform the set reps on your certain exercises as many times as you can, before the timer goes off.

If your having issues getting enough water, buying a BIG water bottle is a good idea. Or getting a see-through 1litre water bottle that's see through and mark the measurements. Here's a website on how to do it:http://jewelpie.com/sure-way-to-get-8-glasses-of-water-diy-water-bottle-marked-with-time/

Make sure what your eat is good for you!

Yep, I was doing the AMRAP thing. I liked it actually but I still took too long doing what I needed to do at the gym. I am hoping to slim down my workout to something shorter and through in more endurance like biking and swimming. 

I do need a new water bottle desperately (this is why I stopped drinking, I broke mine >.< ). Thank you for the link, I will look at it immediately. 

I want to do the challenge that is coming up, so I hope I am doing things right. I signed up for it, and now looking for a group? Maybe?

Thank you again for the help. :D

Welcome, Spooymog.  Great story.  You'll fit right in around here!  The heart of this website is the six week challenges.  It's goal setting (research shows writing goals down makes you more likely to reach them) sprinkled with nerd flavoring.  Rather like mixing health class with D & D, you are the character and you gain stat points by meeting challenges-- just a fun way to stay motivated.  Everyone I've met here has been super supportive (Nerds are the best!).  Start planning your goals for the next  challenge (or really join the current challenge and set some two week goals).  Find a class that seems in tune with what you'd like to focus on, and switch to a different class next challenge.  Nothing against multiclassing!  Again, welcome.

Bavarian Ranger -- Level twoStrength 5 Dexterity 4 Stamina 5 Constitution 1 Wisdom 5 Charisma 5 My Epic Quest Challenge #1  Current Challenge

Future goal inspiration from Kurt Vonnegut "Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.â€