Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I'm new here. Obviously. So, a little bit about me. I'm a film student looking at videogame design, screenwriting, or both. I was homeschooled for my whole life till graduation a couple years back. My hobbies include philosophy, theology, and folklore.

I've been trying to get in shape for years but nothing works. RIght now I'm trying to get up the willpower to do more intensive work. I'm slightly overweight, at about 22.5% body fat, looking to go down to 18%, while gaining a bit of muscle. I don't know how well this can work, but I would love to try and see how much improvement can happen in a month. I've decided that my motivation is to go shirtless to renaissance festival in august, and I could really use help getting there.

Hiya!

I was homeschooled since first grade all the way to high school! It's nice to know there are other Nerds who were to!

What do you need help with?

Overweight at 22% bf? Yeesh. I wish I was 22% bf.

Anyway, welcome! I think shirtless at ren fair is a great goal! Sadly, were I to pursue that dream, I would be arrested, as I am female.

Generally speaking, it can be difficult to lose fat while gaining muscle, but it is possible - especially if you are young, male, and/or haven't weight trained before.

What kind of stuff are you interested in? Barbells? Dumbbells? Bodyweight stuff? Parkour? Martial arts?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm interested in bodyweight training, mostly. I'm starting the beginner's training today, if I don't have to go to work today. I don't have too much equipment, 2 40 lb dumbells, 2 10 lb hand weights, and excercise bands. I'm about 215-220 lbs, and am naturally inclined towards general largeness.

Awesome, Renegade. What did you like most about that?

I've never tried parkour, and the first time I've successfully used monkey bars was a few weeks ago. Tag meets the floor is lava on a wooden structure playground is actually a pretty good workout. I ought to try some martial art that uses body weight, as I'm really dense and like using that.

What kind of philosophy are you into? I'm into Socrates, Thomas Aquinas, C.S. Lewis, etc.

Thanks guys, good to meet you all.