Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy/geeky party ideas

My 21st birthday is coming up in a couple of months so I have started the planing progress ie who to invite, where, when, themes and such. For my 21st I have decided to go with a convention theme like comic con and amine con where everyone comes dressed as their favourite comic book/manga/video game/amine/cartoon character. I'm thinking of wearing either a lolita outfit or making a pikachu dress and having a Pokemon theme cake.

I'm trying to think of ideas for things like decorations, food besides the normal party food and things to make it stand out more.

Has anyone tried something like this? What did you do? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I think your theme is pretty broad, so you can have a lot of fun doing a variety of things.

Pinterest would be a great place to start, but I would probably narrow it down to something based on your likes and interests and your outfit. Because there's SO much to choose from in terms of 'comic book/manga/video game/amine/cartoon character'.

Perhaps an 8bit theme?

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

so is everyone from NF invited?

That would be one large party

Fairy lights and cardboard pokeballs. Got to be.

I'm thinking follow the pikachu to the party

Pinterest would be a great place to start, but I would probably narrow it down to something based on your likes and interests and your outfit. Because there's SO much to choose from in terms of 'comic book/manga/video game/amine/cartoon character'.

Perhaps an 8bit theme?

The only probably is that the amount of people who aren't into those things (that's if they even know what manga or amine is) greatly outnumber those who are becuase I am inviting family and family friends, not just my friends. So I'm worried that if I narrow it down people won't dress up, and I want to have a dress up party.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

You dont have to specify comic/mange/anime that'll just scare people off. I'm a nerd and I dont like that stuff.

For my 21st (oh so long ago!) I just went with a "character" theme. I was Mr Incredible, but my Dad for example was a character from Peanuts comicstrip. (Cant force the oldies into new things!).

My girlfriend had a LOTR party for her 21st in May. We decorated her house like an old tavern, got tankards, mead, made an eye of sauron cake and set up a bow and arrow thing in the garden. Then layed out a medieval style feast and all got very drunk! Most people came in general medieval-ish gear, but we had an Orc, a bilbo, a legolas, a few nazgul, an elrond, and of course, me and her went as Aragorn and Arwen haha. Was an awesome night, I'm sure whatever you decide on it'll be awesome- just pester people to get into the theme :)

Paleo enthusiast, Part-time hobbit, Z fighter, Kokiron, Westerosian and Jedi. Quite a CV. Find me at www.paleocastle.com.