Forums are back in action! ×

Might not seem like much

I went from eating 4+ lbs of candy corn for Halloween every year to not having any this year! I also managed to go from 4+ cans of mountain dew a day to only two a day(with minimal side effects)! It might not seem like much to some, but for this sugar/caffeine addict its seems huge. Plus I'm about to be celebrating 9 months smoke-free! I never thought I could do it.

• Like 2

I understand all too well the addiction to caffeine.   Good on you!  Keep it up.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

That is great! Mountain Dew was my favorite, too! It was very hard to give up. Props to you on being smoke free as well. Kicking the soda habit is rough, but to stop smoking is even tougher. I have been smoke free for almost two years now! Maybe this Halloween we can give out small baggies of three or four grapes instead of candy. I know if I have a bowl of candy sitting out, everytime I walk by it, it screams my name! Congrats on all your success.

• Like 1

Follow Me on Twitter

Follow Me on Instagram

"The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come."

Congrats, really. Everyone has a different dragon to slay. I fit into my engagement ring again, which I've been to chubby for for several months (almost a year). I might be a bit dehydrated at the moment, but fitting into my ring again gives me that bit of encouragement that keeps me going. Really, it's nothing, it's only a quarter size smaller than the ring I wear every day (although there was a month when I couldn't wear that one either), but it's something.

As someone once said about football, it can boil down to a game of inches, and it is the same with trying to become more healthy and fit. I am learning that, that it is easy to try and swing for the fences, but sometimes it is just better to get a hit (and I better stop, the cliches are starting to fly). Seriously, the people I have been following preach if you can, change one thing at a time, any change is better than none, and soon they pile up and you suddenly wonder how you did it anyway else:)

Congrats, really. Everyone has a different dragon to slay. I fit into my engagement ring again, which I've been to chubby for for several months (almost a year). I might be a bit dehydrated at the moment, but fitting into my ring again gives me that bit of encouragement that keeps me going. Really, it's nothing, it's only a quarter size smaller than the ring I wear every day (although there was a month when I couldn't wear that one either), but it's something.

Congrats! I know just how happy you must feel to put that ring back on.

Update: I've started changing Mountain dews for other soft drinks. ultimate goal is to cut them out all together but I figured if I started decreasing the amount of caffeine in the drink it will help. Not sure if it will help or hurt but I'm gonna find out.

Great job! I stopped drinking soda in high school because I realized how much sugar I was ingesting every day and it scared me a little. It was so difficult at first (I still miss pineapple soda), but it's actually become my fallback rule of fitness. If I do nothing else good for my body, I won't drink soda and it's better than just losing control completely in the same way cutting down on the caffeine is way better than just letting loose with your addiction, even if the goal is to eventually give it up. And HUGE congratulations on being smoke-free for so long!! You're making great strides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson