Forums are back in action! ×

The dorkiest music you've listened to while working out!

Do you have a suggested list of songs or set of albums or whatever, that could act as a Nerdcore primer?  

Eeep sorry I just saw this! I don't know how I missed it.

If you have spotify there is a great playlist curated by Ali Neshati called "Best of Nerdcore." It has 270 tracks now I think, put that on shuffle and you'll get great exposure to a large variety of artists.

My personal favorites are: Adam Warrock, Dr. Awkward, Dual Core, MC Frontalot, MC Lars, Professor Elemental, Random, Schaffer the Darklord, Swamp Thing, and YTCracker. I like *SOME* MC Chris songs, but he can be very hit or miss. 

Right now Dr. Awkward's song "Different" is like my anthem. I probably listen to it daily to get myself pumped up for life. Open invitation - I love nerd core and will talk with anyone at all times about my jams!

• Like 1

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

I'm a newbie, so i'm not totally sure how to post videos and pictures...

I love Two Steps from Hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcIkqPTHo0

It's epic music and gets me motivated, but if others heard me I might cringe... I do blare it in my car and rock out to it (kind of like the guys did in big bang theory :) )

The 11th doctors theme or Transformers are also good scores I like to listen to.

STR- 4, DEX- 0, STA- 4, CON- 1, WIS- 1, CHA- 0

Well, anything Disney:

And Michael Buble:

I translate things into Latin. Send me a pm.

| Human Flag | One-arm Chinup | | 20 Bar Muscle-ups | | 225 Press | | 365lb Front Squat | | 515lb Deadlift | | Freestanding HSPU | | Gain 15lb | 

Battle Log

It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.

Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.   - Patrick Rothfuss

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

I'm a newbie, so i'm not totally sure how to post videos and pictures...

I love Two Steps from Hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcIkqPTHo0

It's epic music and gets me motivated, but if others heard me I might cringe... I do blare it in my car and rock out to it (kind of like the guys did in big bang theory :) )

The 11th doctors theme or Transformers are also good scores I like to listen to.

That track was definitely epic! Loved every second of it :)

That's pretty cheesy man. Can't say I've heard either of those for a long time.

I'm a big fan of 80s cheese myself. I was impressing my 9 year old companion today by singing along to Starship's We Built this City. She thought I was awesome, lol!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Damn these work filters!  I can't see any of the Youtube links y'all are posting.  

Anyway, on topic, I usually don't bring headphones with me to the gym.  I just listen to whatever satellite radio station they have going at the time.  

If I were to bring an MP3 player, it'd be mostly metalcore bands like In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains.  

I do have a soft spot for Katy Perry though.  Couldn't tell you why, and I'd never voluntarily buy her album, but if it comes on the radio, I get pretty hyped up. 

i can't even say how much i love killswitch!!

i enjoy the other two on occasion (highly reccomend seeing ATR live if you haven't), but there is always room for Killswitch Engage

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

i can't even say how much i love killswitch!!

i enjoy the other two on occasion (highly reccomend seeing ATR live if you haven't), but there is always room for Killswitch Engage

Absolutely!  I've seen ITM twice, but sadly neither KSE nor ATR has come anywhere near me for a while.  I keep checking back on their websites hoping, but no such luck yet.  Last time KSE was close, I had family obligations and couldn't make it.  :(

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Absolutely!  I've seen ITM twice, but sadly neither KSE nor ATR has come anywhere near me for a while.  I keep checking back on their websites hoping, but no such luck yet.  Last time KSE was close, I had family obligations and couldn't make it.   :(

i completely understand. family events and the likes have a way of derailing awesome shows. i was lucky enough to see Killswitch in 04 while they were with LOG on their "as the palaces burn" tour. it was a pretty badass show. 

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

yeah they are very tight live. great energy. i miss howard though :(

MC Chris' line up of Bounty Hunter-themed raps seems to hit the sweet spot between badass and completely dorky where I like to live.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Eeep sorry I just saw this! I don't know how I missed it.

If you have spotify there is a great playlist curated by Ali Neshati called "Best of Nerdcore." It has 270 tracks now I think, put that on shuffle and you'll get great exposure to a large variety of artists.

My personal favorites are: Adam Warrock, Dr. Awkward, Dual Core, MC Frontalot, MC Lars, Professor Elemental, Random, Schaffer the Darklord, Swamp Thing, and YTCracker. I like *SOME* MC Chris songs, but he can be very hit or miss.

Right now Dr. Awkward's song "Different" is like my anthem. I probably listen to it daily to get myself pumped up for life. Open invitation - I love nerd core and will talk with anyone at all times about my jams!

There's also "chap hop", pioneered by luminaries like MC Elemental and Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer. Imagine if hip hop went back in time to inspire Englishmen of the late 19th/early 20th century. Elemental is a bit more Steam punk, Mr. B a bit more 1920s 'Jeeves and Wooster' ( he plays a banjolele. Yes, a tiny uke-sized banjo).

Chap-Hop History by Mr. B

Fighting Trousers by MC Elemental

I say Oooh! You say Long!

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current