Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

There is a new Nerd in the Rebellion directly bc of me :)

Y'all go be nice to him please and don't scare him too much k? *looks at Insanity* :tongue:

How does one not scare someone?

Had way too much fun playing the lava game. I feel like I'm 14 again (yeah I was so mature back then). And I have new glasses. Best day ever

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

There is a new Nerd in the Rebellion directly bc of me :)

Y'all go be nice to him please and don't scare him too much k? *looks at Insanity* :tongue:

Ok... that made me laugh.... like a nice jolly ole Santa belly laugh..... I have no response as a result...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That when I told my little brother I would have time to spend with him today, he hugged me and said "I wub you".

It's good feeling that despite my grumpiness and other shortcomings he still likes my company.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

So I've little by lil been getting stuff to decorate MY room (the room I'm taking over when my eldest son moves out next week)

I got myself a bookshelf that's designed for little bins and it fits eight bins and you can have it short and fat or tall and skinny. ... anyway I'm going to put it in the closet ands have it short and fat ..... I also got a hanging sweater organizer and one for shoes.... I've been collecting little bins/baskets for YEARS (my friends laugh because I have things EVERYWHERE either on a hook or in a bin/basket. ... but things are much easier to put away if they have a place)

Anyway I digress. ... I found THESE in the Easter basket isle this morning at Wal-Mart. .... if they are too small to be IN the shelf (or either of the hanging things) they can fit ON the shelf and they'll be perfect to hold my workout stuff (I have a basket with jump ropes and straps and bands and my sleeve holder for my phone you know all those lil doodads)

So excite!

10409053_10204386153628828_356419272868310945573_10204386153868834_734814584558713810_10204386154148841_536360595542070611011054_10204386154348846_795181880398711002631_10204386153428823_3107755406588

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

-Poor Firefly girls

I could link like all her animations here but I guess I shouldn't do that.

Omg I'm in love with her work, especially when she did one for Night Vale. Oh and in one video IT Crowd reference was hidden in.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/science-fiction-fashions-that-are-now-reality#.sa4L2X5VVm

http://www.translatebritish.com

I was cleaning out my bookmarks and found these.

I know can translate the Brits.

American: America is the best

British: colonies is the bessy

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I smiled because Guzzi nudged me about a commitment I made.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

S, today would have been my husband Peter’s 38th birthday. (Seriously - 38?!?!?! The old git!) And it’s kinda been looming on the horizon for a wee while. Y’know, just a thought at the back of my mind – are people going to bring it up, do I mind/want them to, are his parents going to be ok -that sort of thing.

The last few days have been really quite emotional, especially as I’ve been down in Edinburgh on my todd (with the exception of going out with SpecialSundae for Chinese food!) for medical assessments and I’ve had to go over everything that’s happened in the last 3.5 years, all about the accident, my injuries, all the operations, and everything that’s still wrong now.

Yeah, all that with Peter’s birthday coming up, no wonder it has been a tough couple of days, and surely today is going to be the hardest.

The thing is though…

This morning I got off the pane in Shetland to a glorious day, the sun was shining, the wind was just a breeze… And Colin was waiting in the terminal building. It struck me – I’m not sad.

How can you possibly be sad when you look around you and see the potential that life has still to offer?

Today is a good day, and I am definitely, positively, 100% smiling.

605b34c216f8da99f70bab888f0ae55e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I smiled when I had my assessment papers signed for this module! Only 14 to go!

*shakes head*

I read that as harassment papers at first....

So, congrats... :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

S, today would have been my husband Peter’s 38th birthday. (Seriously - 38?!?!?! The old git!) And it’s kinda been looming on the horizon for a wee while. Y’know, just a thought at the back of my mind – are people going to bring it up, do I mind/want them to, are his parents going to be ok -that sort of thing.

The last few days have been really quite emotional, especially as I’ve been down in Edinburgh on my todd (with the exception of going out with SpecialSundae for Chinese food!) for medical assessments and I’ve had to go over everything that’s happened in the last 3.5 years, all about the accident, my injuries, all the operations, and everything that’s still wrong now.

Yeah, all that with Peter’s birthday coming up, no wonder it has been a tough couple of days, and surely today is going to be the hardest.

The thing is though…

This morning I got off the pane in Shetland to a glorious day, the sun was shining, the wind was just a breeze… And Colin was waiting in the terminal building. It struck me – I’m not sad.

How can you possibly be sad when you look around you and see the potential that life has still to offer?

Today is a good day, and I am definitely, positively, 100% smiling.

605b34c216f8da99f70bab888f0ae55e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care what you say about your body... you're strong as f*ck. All that has happened, and you're still smiling... :-)

• Like 2

My first challenge

For those of you who may not know, there is apparently a super important debate raging on the internet about whether a dress is white and gold, or black and blue.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/two-women-behind-viral-dress-042241205.html

So the internet also found the referenced dress on amazon.. the reviews are epic... http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00SJEUCWU/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Edit: So I just went to make a bathroom run, and there's not much that is more entertaining than hearing 15 men arguing about a dress....

and for those with an interest... here's why people see different colors.

http://news.distractify.com/jason.mustian/what-colors-are-this-dress/

• Like 1

My first challenge