Forums are back in action! ×

Rides (What do you drive?)

My MOPAR has 253,000+ miles on it.  Engine was still running very well. It was the tranny that took a dump so that's why I have a Ford. 

My wife is due to get a very decent amount of $$$ from a retirement from her previous job and I might take a bit and replace the tranny.  I really love that truck, and I smoked a Toyota tundra w/ a V8 in it.  He hung w/ me till about 95mph then I started pulling away. By 105mph I was leaving his ass in the dust!!!

Dig or roll race?  Two totally different sets of dynamics at play there.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I currently drive an old dented Oldsmobile....... Who's jealous???

My first car was a 1983 red mustang convertible! I loved that car so much! But I needed a car that could travel long distances and couldn't keep the stang when I moved. :(

If you read this thread... you'd know about me and dents... *eye waggle*

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I currently drive an old dented Oldsmobile....... Who's jealous???

Can't say I'm jealous, but I understand.  For a little while I drove an 89 Olds Cutlass Ciera.  It barely had enough power to move.  But it worked.  Until it got totaled at least.....

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

In about 2 months though, I'll be rolling in a 1979 Ford F350 Custom with a built 5.9 Cummins and a 6 speed manual. Just have to finish putting it back together.

Pics are required once it's on the road!  (and build pics if you have em)

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So I couldn't find a picture of my actual car, but this one is the right colour and build

Volkswagen-Golf-Mk6-Bodykit.jpg

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Dig or roll race? Two totally different sets of dynamics at play there

Ok..not sure what a Dig or a roll race are, but I had my cruise set at 65 and I changed lanes to pass him. He matched my speed. I hit accel on my cruise and he matched my speed. I hit it again and he matched my speed. I hit once more and again he matched my speed. At that time I said "F**K You A**whipe" and stomped it. He did the same, so we started the race at around 70mph. His truck stayed w/ mine till about 95mph when I started pulling away. At 100mph I was noticeable pulling ahead, and by 105mph I was leaving his ass. At 110mph he was beaten and he knew it and backed off.

• Like 2

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Right now I'm rocking a 2001 Ford Ranger that I inherited from my dad. Only 126K on it right now.

In about 2 months though, I'll be rolling in a 1979 Ford F350 Custom with a built 5.9 Cummins and a 6 speed manual. Just have to finish putting it back together.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pics are required once it's on the road!  (and build pics if you have em)

Agreed.  That sounds like a sweet ride.  Sounds very close to what I'd love to do some day.  I'd go back 2 more years to a 1977 F-250 with a body and engine from a new truck.  Just fit the old body on the new frame.  But sounds like a sweet set-up.

Also, since the conversation started shifting a bit, here's my first ride and a classic pose done by yours truly, looking incredibly scrawny (because I was).  The 1986 Chevy Nova Hatchback.  This photo pretty much let's me win the internet. 

nec6tk.jpg

• Like 1

Pics are required once it's on the road! (and build pics if you have em)

Agreed. That sounds like a sweet ride. Sounds very close to what I'd love to do some day. I'd go back 2 more years to a 1977 F-250 with a body and engine from a new truck. Just fit the old body on the new frame. But sounds like a sweet set-up.

For sure. I've been working on a slide show for some friends and I'll put a link up when it's done.

Looks like the Ranger is gonna need some work done, too. I'm thinking a blown 3.3L stroker with a locking torque converter and an independent rear suspension upgrade while I'm at it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

I have way too many bicycles, but I am very fond of my car: 1994 jeep cherokee sport. I've had it for almost 7 years and it's going to hit 190000 this month. Off-loading last summer + 20 y.o. suspension led to some upgrades this fall: all new suspension and 3.5" lift kit. I love it to death. Sure at 10,000 ft elevation it huffs and puffs to get highway speed, but as soon as we turn off the pavement it's a donkey. Gas mileage on road trips is pretty good. It pretty much is my dream car for practical vehicles. I'm not down with AWD systems that make decisions for you.

Now if I had project car it would be an old Challenger or, randomly, an AMC Eagle or something.

I have driven my Jeep across the country, moved in it countless time, driven it to bike races, with 5 bikes, 4 people and a trunk full of gear, driven in some awful weather and some great "forest service" roads. It's my buddy.

I'm not down with AWD systems that make decisions for you.

Ugh.  You and me both man.  Not to mention that they can require a set of 4 tires if you get a flat in one.  I'll take 4WD over AWD all day, and twice on Sunday.

Love what you've got going with your Jeep.  I've been wanting to get an 89 Jeep for a while as well.  Course, I want to do a V8 swap into it also.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hmm cars don't like me I tend do break them so at the moment I've taken my mothers car while I look for a new one.

Incidentally I have driven 14 different cars and 2 tractors in the last 6 months but nothing of note really.

My favourite was the land rover defender it's a monster. 

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Hmm cars don't like me I tend do break them so at the moment I've taken my mothers car while I look for a new one.

Incidentally I have driven 14 different cars and 2 tractors in the last 6 months but nothing of note really.

My favourite was the land rover defender it's a monster. 

I was driving a new car every month for 8 months, but you have me beat! they were all basic sedans, nothing fun. I can report, though, that the Camry and Altima are two of the better sedans out there. 

Did you get to take the defender off road?

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I was driving a new car every month for 8 months, but you have me beat! they were all basic sedans, nothing fun. I can report, though, that the Camry and Altima are two of the better sedans out there. 

Did you get to take the defender off road?

Ya I did it belongs to my father and was bought for dragging a horse box wherever it needed to go. We ha a nice sized field with a stream cutting through it that it's awesome in.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

I love cars! In my short 34 years of life, I've owned 11 and one motorcycle. For years, my dream car was a 1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT and several years back I got to drive one around for awhile. It was the best moment I've ever had regarding cars, but it also quickly showed me that a big guy doesn't belong in that car....but wow! What power!! If I had to label a car now as my dream car, it'd probably be an Nissan Skyline GTR (R34).

My current ride is a black 2008 6 speed Infiniti G35S. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of it at the moment. I also don't have a pic of an '82 Corvette I had many years ago, but here are some pics I have online of some past rides...

1985 Mercedes 500SL (grey market)

9466814301_17d84c900d_o.jpg

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (last year for the bugeye!)

IMG_0366.jpg

1997 Yamaha RoyalStar

IMG_0996.JPG

• Like 4

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Very cool!  It saddens me that you don't have pics of the Vette, but still, all those you do have pics of look great! 

Sadly, no digital pics, but I do have some film pics somewhere. I need to hunt them down and scan them. In the meanwhile from elsewhere on the internet, this was the one I had.....white over silver.

1982_Chevrolet_Corvette_53318_Image1.jpg

• Like 2

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Really want to get a Bugeye some day. 

I wanted an STi of course, but couldn't afford it at the time. Picked my '03 up after the '04 model came out and I saw how it looked without the bugeyes....hopped on the '03 immediately.

When I was car shopping recently, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2003 bugeye WRX with 80k on it.  Body was still in a very solid condition, but looking at the engine bay told me that it had been tinkered with a bit (heat shield was missing on the turbo and some other little things), and the dealer didn't want to work with me on price at all based on the tinkering. 

Ended up going with my 2011 Subaru Impreza base model for 1.5k more.  Much less horsepower, but I'm happy with my decision as I get better mileage, pay less insurance, you know... all the responsible adult things.  The STI can come later in life when I'm older and wiser and can responsibly have a car like that. 

Plus I'd want to get a cheap WRX and then just build it into an STI clone.  Do it my way.