Forums are back in action! ×

Brought my barbell love affair to Nerd Fitness!

Hey there!

I'm Tori :) I'm glad I finally joined NF (I've jumped head first into the challenge, I'm a bit late, but better late than never, right?)

I've been on SL 5X5 for a few months, and I'm following an iifym-type diet (I don't generally eat junk food anyway, so overhauling my diet wasn't one of my hugest challenges). My main goal is to pack on some muscle and by the end of the year, do full pullups. I'm also taking part in Hardcore Caribbean in August, a huge obstacle course, with a team of ten friends, so bulking and trying to be Hardcore-ready is going to be verrrry hard, since I despise cardio  :nonchalance:

Can't wait to crush my goals!  :pride:  *plays Song of the Dragonborn whilst staring off into the sunset*

• Like 3

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Warrior

Main Quest: Gain 4lbs.

0%
0%

I concede to the greater part of me. - Vicky Psarakis, The Perfect Embodiment 

Omg! Welcome! Any Nerd who plays Dragonborn song and stares into the sunset is a buddy of mine!

I love running! But only cause I like to feel free and imagine I can fly. But Zombies, Run! App is really cool. It plays the storyline and you run it out. It even has an optional interval training, where a warning will sound about zombies being some odd feet away from you. Run fast and hard otherwise you lose your supplies to distract them. Also just hiit is awesome for cardiovascular haters. It's quick, lol but not painless. But it delivers results quickly.

Welcome to NF again!

Welcome!

It sounds like you've got your priorities right, have clear goals formulated and already developed a plan to get there. All that's left is to wish you the best of success and enjoy the forums!

Thanks! I've been into lifting for about a year, and I was surprised at how much trial and error it took before I finally felt like I knew what I was doing haha

Welcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot :) The two articles about your fitness journey in particular have been pretty motivational for me; whenever I wonder if I'll ever see the results I want I pull them up! 

Omg! Welcome! Any Nerd who plays Dragonborn song and stares into the sunset is a buddy of mine!

I love running! But only cause I like to feel free and imagine I can fly. But Zombies, Run! App is really cool. It plays the storyline and you run it out. It even has an optional interval training, where a warning will sound about zombies being some odd feet away from you. Run fast and hard otherwise you lose your supplies to distract them. Also just hiit is awesome for cardiovascular haters. It's quick, lol but not painless. But it delivers results quickly.

Welcome to NF again!

That's an app I have to find O.O

And that song is my go-to for getting all hyped lol I swear, all I do is listen to the ambient soundtracks when I study and a mixture of soundtracks and metal when I work out. Nothing says awesome like having an entire Viking-esque choir singing in dragon language while you squat  :pride:

• Like 1

0%
0%

Welcome!

I'm a StrongLifter and a IIFYM dieter as well. Hit me up if you ever have any questions. Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Welcome!

I'm a StrongLifter and a IIFYM dieter as well. Hit me up if you ever have any questions. Good luck!

Will do! I always appreciate good advice :)

Another warrior chick in training :D! I just started SL5x5 and iifym bulking thanks to Broba here. I can't wait to check out your challenge. Welcome!!!

SL 5X5 is awesome, right? :D I started off on the generic 6 day bodybuilding split and I was pretty much going nowhere fast. I started compound barbell training then *boom* my non-existent muscles started to fill out. It was probably the smartest choice I've made in a good while when it came to fitness.

Welcome!

I am on a quest to bulk up, too. Maybe I should have a look at that IIFYM stuff, since it's been mentioned here twice. Awesome choice of music, by the way ;) Good luck reaching your goals!

Thanks! IIFYM is great; it's a huge time saver for me, and since I already tend towards unprocessed foods, it sort of came naturally.

0%
0%