Forums are back in action! ×

Never too old to become a Nerd

Hello to all who stumble upon this as I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness.  I found you guys while researching the Paleo diet. I've never been a gamer, indeed, I'm not even internet savvy.  So much was I impressed by your dedication to total health and well being and a hold my hand and we'll walk through this together attitude that today I am doing something I have never done before and you're looking at it.  I have decided to join an online community. After reading Steve's article about doing something you suck at, learning to navigate this contraption that sits on my desk will be my side quest.  I don't know how to upload pictures or create what you all call threads, but I am confident that you will help me finally learn to navigate the web as well as teach me how to get healthy in mind, spirit and body.  Let me apologize now if this introduction is too long.  In October I will be celebrating my 59th birthday and I'd like to do it without the jiggle in my upper arms and thighs and possibly 10 pounds lighter. Mainly, I'd like to get healthy and strong enough to be around for my granddaughters' college graduations, who are now 7 and 8.  I hope they can handle a Grammy turned Nerd.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

Welcome! I love it when older wiser woman join the Rebellion. I just had my 49th birthday, and didn't start doing anything for fitness other than cardio until I joined NF. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

That's awesome!  You go grammy!

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2