Forums are back in action! ×

cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

No art is original. It has all grown from those before us in preparation to pass it down to the generations to come.

That's my quote!

Pinterest, cool. I joined recently and have been making folders galore, saving images that appeal to me.

I love free writing, it's quite similar. You just start and see what happens. Art is awesome!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

12/29/14

Back at it again today.

Warm up 400m row

2x (5 bw squats, 5 gob squats, 5 frankenstien squats)

Did 3 rep max on front squat for the day

3x65

3x75

3x85

3x95

3x105

3x115

3x100

3x90

New PR on front squat every week. Of course thats not hard since i hadn't done it before... ever. Squatting is becoming a bit more comfortable for me.

WOD

12 min EMOM

Odd HPC, 2 Front squat, 3 push press

Even 6 burpees

Pretty good workout, not the most intense looking but def worked up a good sweat.

Great lunch, burritto bowl with double chicken, rice, guac, corn salsa (don't know what its actually called), onions, peppers, cilantro, olives, fresh and pickled jalepeno, and hot sauce. Pretty good.

For dinner I had a protein drink and some almonds. 

Tomorrow I got some groceries to pick up, specifically rice, rotisserie chicken, and olives.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Found you!   Glad to see you are back to your routine and loving the gym.  I gradually fell off the wagon last week too but I haven't quite gotten back on it yet.  The wagon ran off without me and I had to find it first.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Have you started to talk to people yet? You might just need the right opening line:

6a4efe62bdb98156d93a6ab1ac2bf310.jpg

Lol priceless. I've been fairly social.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Found you! Glad to see you are back to your routine and loving the gym. I gradually fell off the wagon last week too but I haven't quite gotten back on it yet. The wagon ran off without me and I had to find it first.

I like to think that I am somehow tied to the wagon and am being dragged mercilessly behind it...

• Like 1

12/30/14

Warm up Prowler push

1,2,3,4 Air Squat, Push Up, Negative Pull up

WOD

Kettlebell Swings

Toes To Bar

Strength/Skill

5x(HPC, HC, 2 Push Press) at 65lbs

So today we mixed it up and did the WOD before the skill work. I think I am finally starting to get the hang clean down. Well I got the last one at least...

Not much else to report, going to attempt to make granola shortly.

• Like 1

hey dude, you are absolutely slaying it with your workout dedication

it seems you have found a place you really enjoy with workouts that make sense to you, kudos on managing to keep going in over this festive period

Its so much easier when you enjoy it and look forward to going!

• Like 1

12/31/14

New Years, last entry in my short WOD journal. Today marks the 19th day I have done crossfit, excluding the 4 days of beginner classes.

I chatted a bit with the guys that usually show up to the 11:00 class. Saw a guy I hadn't seen in a week or so so that was good. Then theres the guy thats usually in class. He's a nice enough guy, but we share really short conversations. When I first met him he said that he was very socially inept and didn't like being social much, so I try to give him his space. I basically just said hi and asked about his holiday. I think I will call him shy guy from now on. Yea. He's one of those people that only likes to talk to those he has known for awhile. 

I warmed up with two rounds of max effort 30s air dyne (they suck). Shy guy did them with me.

rest of the warm up was 5 push ups, stretch, 5 strict press, stretch, 5 push press, stretch, 5 lunges (each leg), stretch.

Moved to 3RM strict press. My last 5RM was 87.5. So I shot high for a 3RM of 95.

3x65

3x75

3x85

2x95

2x95

3x85

3x80

I couldn't keep my core engaged on the last rep of the first attempt at 95. I was so close to getting it, more than halfway overhead. But I just couldn't pull it off. Meanwhile shy guy was strict pressing over 200 pounds!!! Guys a beast! I decided to try for 95 again while really focusing on keeping everything tight, but it didnt happen. Should have dropped down to 90... Oh well.

The WOD was a partner workout, a guy came right over and asked to be my partner. But when he realized that we had an odd number he bowed out and I got paired with another guy. I was ok with that, as both guys where pretty cool. It was a good chance to meet 2 people. The workout was as follows.

500m row

50 ab mat sit ups

400m row

40 wall balls

300m row

30 ground to overhead

200m row

20 burpees

100m row

10 goblet squats

You need to complete the specified amount together. So we just split everything in half most of the time. You can't work when your partner is, so you get to rest as they complete what they need to. For GTO and burpees we did sets of 5. We finished with a time of 12:47, which I was happy with. It was about average time for everybody else. I think that the rowing is probably what I could most improve on.

Afterwards I talked to the guy a bit, then headed out. I am hosting a new years party so I had to grab food. I got pizza for everbody else. Chips as well. For me I bought almonds a chicken and olives. I will have the chicken before everyone arrives, then I can snack on the olives, almonds, and the amazing granola I made yesterday. I did buy some diet root beer to enjoy, my substitute for alcohol. Should be a fun night to catch up with friends. I have decided that I can't make the excuse "oh its a special occassion." to eat bad. Theres always going to be a reason why I think I can eat bad. And until I hit my goal I can't afford to slip again.

I hope everyone has a great new years!

• Like 1

So happy new year everyone. Party went very well fun was had.

And the best part? I had all good food. I only had olives, the granola I made, and olives. No pizza, no chicken wing dip, no cookies, etc. Pretty pleased with myself.

Now its time for bed.

• Like 2

1/2/15

Warm up 2 20sec ME air dyne

2x 10 KB swings 5 Good mornings

Strength = Deadlift

3x65

3x85

3x115

3x135

3x155

3x140

3x130

Working up slowly on the deadlift. Last written data was 5x115. 155 was relatively easy, but I want to make sure I take my time and get it right.

WOD 4 Rounds

1 min row

1 min kettlebell swings

1 min burpees

row was in cals, everything counted towards total. Hit 206.

Great workout, not much else to report.

I can't believe its almost 1 am! Quick little update though.

On the way home from the gym I got a message from a friend. Without going into the super complicated details hes having lady troubles,and I could tell he wanted to do something to keep himself busy. Since it was a snow storm and theres nothing really going on around we struggled to come up with a plan. I landed on having a makeshift wing night at my house. Along with some board games.

So I made 3 kinds of wings. 2 where simple bbq and medium. The last was 6 for myself that I tested something new out on. I call them "Paleo" Chicken wings. So heres the recipe.

Wings

1 egg

1/4 cup almond flour

italian dressing

hot sauce of choice

bbq sauce of choice

Now I call it the "paleo" chicken wings because I don't think they are paleo at all but they are close. The almond flour only has 6 grams of carbs for 1/4 a cup, and you don't eat anywhere near that much on the wings (some doesn't stick, etc etc). It also has like 8 grams of protein, so thats cool. I was worried that it wouldn't taste good, but man it tasted just like breaded wings.

So all I did is preheat the oven to 450. Dip-ed the wings in the egg (they can be frozen!) then into the almond flour. Then poured the remaining egg over the top and sprinkle in the leftover almond four. Then I took and put a generous amount of cheap italian dressing in the bottom of the pan. Last but not least I poured just a bit of the hot sauce and the bbq sauce on top. Threw it in the oven and an hour later I had wings that tasted like heaven. I didn't completely coat them in flour partly because of time constraints. But they had just enough to give me that friend crispy texture that I love.

Everyone else loved their own wings I made (they didn't get any of my delicious wings). But they also had cookies and unhealthy snacks. I was content with almonds and green olives again! I find that I am not even really tempted by sweets any more. Which is good.

Also on the cooking front I made granola again... this time it didnt turn out so well. Somehow I put too much honey/coconut oil in and it got too liquidy. To make matters worse I made 2 batches. 1 original one with 60% dark chocolate. But I put the chocolate in before I baked it so it just melted making that batch even runnier than the other. It still tastes good, but I will have to figure out a way to make it a bit less messy if I am going to use it like a snack as I intended.

• Like 1

Crappy day of getting nothing done. Couldn't go to the gym due to the storm. Which upset me.

Ate ok so that's good. We get dish installed in the morning.

Did a bunch of sketching during the day. Seems that the art classes are going to fall through again. That's not on me though. That's on the poor advertising by the gallery...

Sorry to hear the class won't work again.  Is there an opportunity for you to 'help' them advertise?   I'm not sure what that would consist of but it would help you out in the long run.  

You should have a back up workout for when you can't get to the gym.  Are there any WODs you can keep in your back pocket that don't require any real equipment?   or put some BW from different routines together and do them at home as a replacement?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

the wings recipe had me licking my lips

They where amazing dude.

Sorry to hear the class won't work again. Is there an opportunity for you to 'help' them advertise? I'm not sure what that would consist of but it would help you out in the long run.

You should have a back up workout for when you can't get to the gym. Are there any WODs you can keep in your back pocket that don't require any real equipment? or put some BW from different routines together and do them at home as a replacement?

I can make one up. Usually they post the workout on their Facebook for that day so I can try to emulate it at home.

I have some ideas to assist the gallery. I just really need to push to get them implemented

1/6/15

Today I had to wait around all day for the direct TV installer. Finally finished then went to the 330 class at the gym. 

Warm up 6 min amrap

2 pull up

6 push up

30 second plank

did 4 rounds

Strength/skill

Squat fundamentals. Did light weight of bodyweight, front, and back squats. Stopping at different parts of the squat and holding. Got really tough. Holding a squat at just below parallel sucked.

WOD

4 x 500 m row interval. Rest for amount of time worked. Times where as follows

2:05

2:07

2:09

2:10

We split into groups, one did the WOD, while the other worked on snatches. My grip was shot so even the 45lb bar with wood plates was not that fun to hold on to.

For dinner I made my almond breaded wings again. Still havent perfected them yet. They tasted good, but I lost a lot of the "breading" as waste. For lunch I had sushi, which was 1-2 hours before I worked out. That wasn't a good choice... 

Since I spent most of the day doing random stuff didnt get any "work" done. I have to figure out a way to get better use of my desktop so I can do some digital art. I think I am going to just stick to the battle log this challenge. Tomorrow I get the stuff to make my third batch of granola. Third times the charm right?