Forums are back in action! ×

I'm still a nerd, but also a...

I played video games most of my childhood and young adult life. Everything from Atari all the way up to MMORPGs online. But addictions can be unhealthy, and I've since closed all accounts, sold all consoles, and relegated myself to admiring artwork and soundtracks. I'm a wife. Mother of two. Lover of all things Japanese. Crafter. Sewing creator. Website experimenter. Supporter of all things homesteading, organic, and "back-to-the-land." 

And now, hopefully, a fitness addict? I'm a healthy woman overall, with no medical issues, so I feel very fortunate. But it isn't enough for me anymore.

I've been lurking this site for years, watching, reading, doing nothing more. I've read most of the posts, studied the beginner's bodyweight workout, and finally dove into trying yoga in the past couple months. But it isn't enough anymore.

If I do yoga more than once or twice a week, I get a slight injury somehow (weakness in joints and key muscles). If I go running, I can't seem to do it again for a while (huge dip in energy). If I try to make slight changes to my diet my stomach gets very unhappy (ulcer-type pain, which I've been told is typical when you have intolerances and gut bacteria is changing). Biggest struggles have to do with postpartum recovery after having two children (even though I rocked pregnancy and birthing like a superstar unicorn!). 

All this adds up to one ticked off mama. I have no idea what I can do, and how far I can take this, and that just makes me frustrated. Because I don't know my true limits. I don't know and I want to know.

So today I'm actually doing one round of the beginner's workout. 

And I really hope I can help other women with their postpartum struggles. Incontinence, nursing complications, and all the other wonderful things we get to deal with that no one ever talks about in polite company. If you want to talk about it, I want to as well!

Thanks, and I'm glad to finally be here.

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Take it as slow as experts recommend with the post-partum stuff.

With Yoga, what level are you at?  Maybe you can drop down a level for the second exercise per week? 

Other than getting thyroid, triglycerides, what-have-you checked, there are a dozen more explanations for low-energy, including postpartum / nursing stuff.

Push gradually, and at least you'll know what's what.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Thank you!

I'm more than a year out postpartum from my second child, so I know I'm ready to start picking things up. The yoga is stretch and strengthen for beginners, and the instructor is very encouraging of backing off and slowing down, so it's helped. I think my enthusiasm for all of this is probably what gets me in trouble. I'm always curious if I "can" do the advanced moves, but don't know exactly when to try them. At least I made it through the beginner's workout tonight without any issues, and it was a good low-impact workout for me. 

And yes, totally still nursing and trying to eat 5+ meals a day to keep up with my high metabolism and baby's needs, so the low energy is related to that probably. And sleep deprivation. That's always a culprit!

Thanks for encouraging me. Other than this intro post, where should I go from here? I saw that the challenge stuff just ended yesterday, so I missed that one. Someone mentioned something about a beginner's guild, but I don't quite get what they are talking about?

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

The next challenge is starting soon.  At best guess, I'd say the 15th. 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/253-rulesfaq/  Start here. 

Basically you would be going into the level 1 guild under the six-week challenge forum when it opens up.  Here's the one for the last challenge. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/372-level-1-rebels/

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Thanks Gobnait, just finished reading most of the FAQs and such. Looking forward to the challenge now!

Thanks ChasingBoston. I used to do cross country back in school, but the competitive focus made running less than enjoyable and I stopped for years. My husband keeps telling me I have a body that would be great at running if I built up my fitness level for it, so I will look into that couch25k!