Forums are back in action! ×

NaNoWriMo?

Accountabilibuddies sounds good to me.  Count me in on that front.

This is so exciting! How about we aim for all of us having eleven thousand words by the end of the first week?

Well, not everyone will necessarily be aiming for the 50k, I know at least shaarawy was looking at aiming for 25k.  Wouldn't a percentage of the whole make for an easier target goal that everyone can make an attempt for regardless of their wordcount goal?

• Like 2

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

I'm not going to aim for specific weekly goals, but will try to have 25k by the end of the month! I think that will help my sanity! ^_-

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Also I am A TOTAL NEWBIE NOOB! ;_; Do I need to make am account on the NaNo website? Is that where I will write my story?? Aiiieee~~ 💖

Also I am A TOTAL NEWBIE NOOB! ;_; Do I need to make am account on the NaNo website? Is that where I will write my story?? Aiiieee~~

You make an account to register your intent (and track your wordcount), then you can make use of the forums to bounce ideas off of people or find local meet-ups... or not at all.  Your level of engagement with that community is kind of up to you!

You write your story in whatever place you like - a notebook, a Word doc, a gdoc..... personally I find notebooks problematic (how do word count) and Word docs annoying as you have to be on the same computer to access, or carry around a flash drive.  I think cloud is the way to go - I'll be writing mine in gdocs for sure.

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

HOORAY!! That sounds easier than I thought. I'll make an account asap. :)

Gdocs was my initial plan so I think I'll stick with it. No quill pens by candlelight for me...

I'd rather have a clean slate from 11 years ago so... I am now starsapart on that site as well, feel free to friend me, etc!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I am in. this is my 5th year straight and 8th year total

WillBlackrose, level 16 Human Assassin STR 12 | DEX 13 | STA 15 | CON 15 | WIS 12 | CHA 14

Life Quest: Evolution of an idea

Reduce base weight from 300 to 180: Progress point 203#

Main Quest: Conditioning and endurance

Planks in 100# weight vest:

Lvl 1(1 minute): Done.   Lvl 2(2 minutes): Done.  Lvl 3: 3 minutes: Done. Level 4: (4 minutes)

Side Quest: Stamina of the Ancients

Lvl 1: 1 mile constant movement: Done Lvl 2: 2 miles constant movement: Done

Lvl 3: 3 miles constant movement: Done Lvl 4: 4 miles constant movement: Done

Lvl 5: 5 miles constant movement: In Progress

I tried searching for you, but no luck. :(

Hmmmmm maybe because my profile was blank?  I tried filling it in...

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

I would TOTALLY do something like that

I've composed whole poems on a Morning 5K

My issue isn't the writing; it's the illustrating where I have the block ... to me words have nothing until I can put a picture to them [or vice versa]

I'll let it go at that

Y'all have fun

That's fair!

We will, I think. ^_^

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

I'm shaarawy on NaNo; I searched and couldn't find you either, starsapart!  So I snuck around a little bit and used the URL "http://nanowrimo.org/participants/" and added the username at the end, and found you. ;)  Heck yeah for ingenuity?

I have a really good story idea that I hope turns out as GOOD as it is in my head.  I know how it will start and how it will end but the middle needs some fleshing out.  

• Like 1

I've never done NaNoWriMo. I think it would be fun to try, but I don't have any story ideas.

I think the motto over there is "No Plot? No Problem!"

I'm shaarawy on NaNo; I searched and couldn't find you either, starsapart!  So I snuck around a little bit and used the URL "http://nanowrimo.org/participants/" and added the username at the end, and found you. ;)  Heck yeah for ingenuity?

I have a really good story idea that I hope turns out as GOOD as it is in my head.  I know how it will start and how it will end but the middle needs some fleshing out.  

Ha, yes, I knew I was there!  I wonder if it's because they're in the process of turning over the site for the 2014 round?

And ha, I feel the same about my plot... know the start............. know the end.................. HOW DO MIDDLE?

• Like 1

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

First of all, one tip for new people starting (I saw someone mention something about meetups) if there are meet ups near you then I do recommend going. It is really good for motivating you and meeting other like-minded people. Also other people are a wealth of information if you get stuck on something and easier than going on the internet and getting distracted. My old group (I moved away) met all through the year for writing purposes so was good for getting in to a habit.

Secondly, if anyone wants to add me I am 'rachelwrites' (original, I know) I will add people at some point. Also, there is a possibility of a topic on the NaNo forum for Nerd Fitness - there is a section for groups of people - but obviously we might not want too much all over the place. Just thought I'd suggest it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control

I made a new account -- blkholeinfinity if you want to add me. :) Now to decide between two story ideas... even if I'm not actively writing anything down for planning purposes, I'm constantly daydreaming, so I'm still working on my novel in that sense, I guess!

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

And ha, I feel the same about my plot... know the start............. know the end.................. HOW DO MIDDLE?

Need more middle? Make the ending harder for the characters to get to. Put stuff in their way. Car breaks down. Someone goes missing. Flash floods. Alien invasions. Your gratuitous calamity of choice.

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

Need more middle? Make the ending harder for the characters to get to. Put stuff in their way. Car breaks down. Someone goes missing. Flash floods. Alien invasions. Your gratuitous calamity of choice.

For the lovely people with plotting issues, when I'm having trouble with sections or making things fit together, I employ The Snowflake Method.  Usually helps me clear up the loose ends.

Ahahaha yes, I basically do something like this when I work through a story concept (though the more structured design process linked above appeals to me A LOT and I think I'll try it - and since outlining beforehand is allowed for NaNo, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS).  Just trying to come up with good disasters that will also develop the characters and their major relationships.

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads