Forums are back in action! ×

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

But actual science people won't.

I've experienced funny things that scared the living daylights out of me so I'm not going to say yah or nay :P There are things that science sometimes (or yet) can't explain.

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Sofie was adopted.  She's a sweet dog, but I thought we'd have her for a long time because she barks and growls at strangers, but someone was willing to put the time in to get to know her. We have a week or two off from foster dogs and then we'll get what has to be her sister/aunt or mother/cousin or aunt/grandma or daughter/cousin from the same busted puppy mill.

Ah so glad for Sofie, but sad for you. Seems you got her trusting men (or you). Good luck with the relative coming in.

Your dedication to balancing your checkbook is now making me feel bad for not finishing the last of the finances that I have left to do. And today is the last day of February. *sigh* guess I'm going to have to sit this afternoon and start on it.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 2/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

...I'm hesitant because you have to raise $1500 and I don't have many friends or family...

If you do the Red Ribbon, I'll throw a little something your way. I give to my massage therapist too when he rides it.

On 2/22/2017 at 11:14 AM, tcw295 said:

But has anyone seen you? do you exist? your testimony is getting thrown out if turn out to be an internet robot.

I've seen @Rooks and @sloth the enduring and they have seen me....

On 2/23/2017 at 3:59 PM, Rooks said:

I have a feeling TML or Eric will still beat me out, assuming everyone ends up doing it.  We shall see.

I won't be fast, I'll just do.

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

23 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Curse you nutty baaaaar!!! *shakes fist at the sky*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.  Yesterday I ate bread.  I was afraid to weigh myself this morning.

19 hours ago, Xena said:

It looks like you're balancing your checkbook daily or in real time. Are you going to keep doing it that way, or maybe do something regular but less frequent? (weekly?).

Great news about resolution of the disciplinary action at school. Relief to move past it!

Thanks.  Based on past attempts at acting like an adult, I'll have to keep my checking account balanced every day.  I don't use credit cards often, I think I'll be fine if I update them when I use them or when I get a statement. 

16 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Not sure how balancing a checkbook works, but if it takes similar effort to tracking everything in YNAB then I empathise with you.

I actually haven't written a check in a year or two; I use a simple ledger on my tablet.  All I really have to do is enter transactions.  It should be simple for any adult. I wouldn't want to construct a budget; I'm not ready to confront how much money I spend on stupid stuff. 

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I've experienced funny things that scared the living daylights out of me so I'm not going to say yah or nay :P There are things that science sometimes (or yet) can't explain.

Ah so glad for Sofie, but sad for you. Seems you got her trusting men (or you). Good luck with the relative coming in.

Your dedication to balancing your checkbook is now making me feel bad for not finishing the last of the finances that I have left to do. And today is the last day of February. *sigh* guess I'm going to have to sit this afternoon and start on it.

:)

Yeah, Sofie (Sophie?) became my best friend. She still hated/feared everyone else in the world though. It'll be interesting to get what has to be her kin from the same situation.

7 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

If you do the Red Ribbon, I'll throw a little something your way. I give to my massage therapist too when he rides it.

I've seen @Rooks and @sloth the enduring and they have seen me....

I won't be fast, I'll just do.

Thanks.  Paul (from nerd night) does crew every year and he's been trying to talk me into it. He said he'd help me fundraiser since he doesn't have to, so I said I'd do it.  It should be fun. 

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2/27/17 Monday

I'm not used to actual work any more. My entire posterior chain was sore and achey, especially the glutes and lower back.  I took it easy all day.  Not much else to note.

Training: half-assed yoga flow.

Eating: no. After half a year I couldn't face another lunch of meat, sweet potato, and veg.  I had a 12" subway.  

Spending: accts balanced, bought a sub.

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

On 2/24/2017 at 10:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Everything did turn out okay with the job.  The principal came up to me and said, "You know I think very highly of you, but I'm going to have to write a letter for your file and I'll give to you on Monday."  That was what I was originally expecting, but I got worried when I wasn't hearing anything.  Like I said, I worry and whine too much.  It's a known fault. This is a big stress relief. 

I hadn't had a chance to check in since this. Glad this stress is out of your life. Schools can't afford to lose teachers like you who care as much as you do.

• Like 4

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

Yeah, but booty gainz. ;) 

That truly is the most important thing. 

4 hours ago, EricMN said:

I hadn't had a chance to check in since this. Glad this stress is out of your life. Schools can't afford to lose teachers like you who care as much as you do.

Thanks.  Everything gets harder every year.  I need to change my headspace somehow or they're going to lose me anyway. BTW I've got my money on you for the NF HammerRace Championship, especially after Saturday's showing. 

2/28/17 Tuesday

Still sore and achey.  Apparently I need to train just to be able to do home projects. I took it easy again.  

Friday is my anal probe so I'm on a no fiber diet.  It is really hard to figure out what I can eat now. The subway bread didn't trigger anything, I'll have to reexperiment with it.  

Training: No, just half ass Yoga flow. 

Eating: No, breakfast was not compliant.  I don't remember why.  Peanut butter sandwich maybe?  Tomorrow won't be either.  Thursday and Friday I pretty much don't eat except for broth, Gatorade, and Jello.  It looks like I'll be back under 170 soon.  

Spending: Accts balanced.  Bought batteries for class project (actually bought Monday), ordered Mrs. Sloth's special snowflake laundry soap. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Xena said:

Can't blame you for that one. Hope your stomach goes easy on you.

There's some variety, but not much. The stomach is good.  All I had to do was stop eating everything I enjoy. :).  

I would declare Slothbelly defeated, but one day I'm going to either get complacent and start eating Pop-Tarts again or snap and eat a gallon of ice cream in one sitting. 

• Like 3

An accountability note: last year working in kindergarten cleared my head. I felt useful and I enjoyed it. After I get the materials for this unit stored away and the the next one started I will start doing that again. Please hassle me if I don't.

Here's another thing y'all should hassle me about; FB told me I have 30-some days until Hammer Race. I should start hammering and jogging soon.

BTW My no fiber breakfast was a Pop-Tart. It was good, but not great. I should have had a doughnut.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here's another thing y'all should hassle me about; FB told me I have 30-some days until Hammer Race. I should start hammering and jogging soon.

Want to go for a run this weekend?

I've never met @EricMN but is he close enough to come to town for a group run?

• Like 1

Want to go for a run this weekend?

I've never met @EricMN but is he close enough to come to town for a group run?

That's a great idea, that'll keep me accountable for sure. I'm having an anal probe on Friday. I don't know what the recovery is like, but I don't think I'll be running this weekend. Next Sunday should be clear. Just so you know, I'm not anywhere near actual running shape. More of a shuffle, shuffle, stop, gasp, shuffle, shuffle right now.

EricMN is in Apple Valley I believe.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2017 at 10:28 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Sharing  doesn't make my burden less, it just means that I'm also miserable because I had to talk about my feelings. 

oh, god, this. I'm so like this

I'm so sorry your job is still stressing you out. Hope it gets better soon. You're so obviously a good teacher, I hate that you have to worry about it.

ETA: I posted this before I saw the bit about the anal probe. Or I would have had something useful to contribute there.

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That's a great idea, that'll keep me accountable for sure. I'm having an anal probe on Friday. I don't know what the recovery is like, but I don't think I'll be running this weekend. Next Sunday should be clear. Just so you know, I'm not anywhere near actual running shape. More of a shuffle, shuffle, stop, gasp, shuffle, shuffle right now.

EricMN is in Apple Valley I believe.

Np, I'll be around this weekend and next. I'm out of town the 23 - 26th but other than that, I'm here if you want someone for a run/shuffle

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

oh, god, this. I'm so like this

I'm so sorry your job is still stressing you out. Hope it gets better soon. You're so obviously a good teacher, I hate that you have to worry about it.

ETA: I posted this before I saw the bit about the anal probe. Or I would have had something useful to contribute there.

10 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Np, I'll be around this weekend and next. I'm out of town the 23 - 26th but other than that, I'm here if you want someone for a run/shuffle

Sounds good.  Let's shoot for a week from Sunday?  

3/2/17 Thursday

It was a weird day.  I'm on a clear liquid diet today and also under orders to drink at least 64 oz of water.  I felt lightheaded and dizzy most of the day.  I don't know if that's psychosomatic, low blood sugar (I normally run on 3k+ cals), or my body not being used to full hydration - teachers don't have easy access to the bathroom, so I usually keep myself just over the edge of dehydration, but I feel kind of drunk. This is yet another reminder that I'm far too frail of a special snowflake to survive the zombie apocalypse. 

Training: no, I was going to do Yoga after work, but I'm running back no forth to the bathroom instead. 

Eating: No, by design; I've had a lot of sugar water. 

Spending: Yes, accts balanced, no new spending.  

• Like 7

Ugh, doesn't sound like fun. I guess you are almost there, after the drs tomorrow you can eat normally again,right?

I remember TML writing up a zombie apocalypse scenario that several of us played and we all died in the first few days. Probably about right. I would be a goner pretty quick too. Or even if I lived somewhere else in the country. But Seattleites are all on special snowflake diets, so I'm good.:lol:

• Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

This is yet another reminder that I'm far too frail of a special snowflake to survive the zombie apocalypse. 

I'd argue your scientific knowledge would make you worthy of saving.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm glad your school issue is resolved.  Having been through an incident where someone managed to make my life difficult and then create a whole (unfounded, completely spurious) rumour mill around it, I now know disciplinary things at work can be very little to do with you (but still horrible to get caught up in).

Also, I'm going to be doing a similar finance thing next challenge.  I'm pretty good at saving and it's what's allowed me to change jobs recently and downgrade hugely.  But now I've done that I need to up my financial game.  So jealous at the cash back deal you have - over here with the same card I used to get 1% but with regulation changes (and I guess possibly with other stuff going on) it got cut to 0.5% and now 0%.  So I've closed it and am on the hunt for any other deals to get free money!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Ugh, doesn't sound like fun. I guess you are almost there, after the drs tomorrow you can eat normally again,right?

I remember TML writing up a zombie apocalypse scenario that several of us played and we all died in the first few days. Probably about right. I would be a goner pretty quick too. Or even if I lived somewhere else in the country. But Seattleites are all on special snowflake diets, so I'm good.:lol:

Somewhere there's a comic about Seattle zombies and their special diets, but my google-fu is weak.  

Yes, I'm back to normal.  Although I should hold off on steak for a couple of days. 

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You're thinking of the professor.

agqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegra

13 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

I'm glad your school issue is resolved.  Having been through an incident where someone managed to make my life difficult and then create a whole (unfounded, completely spurious) rumour mill around it, I now know disciplinary things at work can be very little to do with you (but still horrible to get caught up in).

Also, I'm going to be doing a similar finance thing next challenge.  I'm pretty good at saving and it's what's allowed me to change jobs recently and downgrade hugely.  But now I've done that I need to up my financial game.  So jealous at the cash back deal you have - over here with the same card I used to get 1% but with regulation changes (and I guess possibly with other stuff going on) it got cut to 0.5% and now 0%.  So I've closed it and am on the hunt for any other deals to get free money!

Thansk. It sounds like you and Peelout have a lot in common.  I'm really just trying to act like a basic adult. 

10 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Good luck with the probe today. 

Thansk.

9 hours ago, peelout said:

And may the Force be gentle.

I was pretty worried when I saw that the doctor had beefy forearms, but he had a gentle touch. 

9 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

sloth's mantra
proframes-i-am-one-with-the-force-the-force-is-with-me-movie-framed-poster-18x12.jpg

• Like 3

3/3/17 Friday

The preparation for a colonoscopy is medically-induced dysentery.  I spent my morning dealing with that.  Years of slothbelly did not prepare me. The actual anal probe wasn't terrible because they sedated me.  I was also consoled by the thought that I had the best ass they saw all day.  I picked up ten street tacos on the way home, but I was still hungry so I had a big bowl of rice.  I was up all night, so I'm just going to chill and do a load of laundry so the kids have clothes for their classes tomorrow. 

Training: DDP Energy (I'll do it while I wait for laundry).

Eating: Back on point.

Spending: Payday.  I balanced accts, including auto payments that will come out before the next payday.  Paid toward both credit cards. Bought tacos. 

• Like 11

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I find it rather ironic that Tank talks about how  you would be worthy of saving, and I said  something along the lines of "Yep, you're doomed ":lol:

• Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27