Forums are back in action! ×

What music fires you up at the gym?

Right now I'm digging the Glitch Mob's most recent album, Love Death Immortality. Heavy beats, Electronic feel, hardly any lyrics; great get pumped stuff.

Well, I tried to embed some youtube vids but it didn't work out. How do I go about adding those?

Level 11 Brutish Scoutsassin (That's totally a thing, shut up)

Str: 30 Dex: 26 Sta: 27 Con: 11 Wis: 23 Cha: 18

NerdFitness Trials: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hellfire Club 4LIFE!

Inspiration comes in many forms. Watch me fumble towards it at Accidentally Inspired.

Depends on the day/exercise - running tends to be electro and mash-ups (i found an awesome - I try so hard vs. Can I get Witcha (Akon vs Biggie) mashup that really gets me going!).

Hoop days are pretty much always electronic/pop/mashups. I like to hoop dance, so the music is pretty integral!

Leg days tends to start with Bootylicious songs like.. Booty (duh) and Anaconda, and, as I start getting near the end and need a good push - moves onto Adidas - Korn, Drop Kick Murphy's and some lighter metal. Arms tend to just be Pop songs and those same "harder" songs.  

I've got a couple C25k remixes that are awesome - despite the random robot telling me to walk/run every so often, they pump me up - and I'm always suprised.

Its all a mix of faster beat songs that I pick from depending on my mood. I like to dance around when I'm working out (lucky for me I have a small home gym, so I can do so embarrassment free).  

• Like 1

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2

I um... listen to a lot of R&B. I mean it doesn't make up my entire playlist, but for some reason I work out really well to babymaking music.

I remember someone I used to know telling me that he was at the gym once with a load of really buff guys (yes, it was all guys - small gym) pumping iron, and then "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias came on.

I got these awhile back. Not the best for running, but they work great for lifting. I can even bench with them on. Super cheap too...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDPW0LA/

I too need to get some of these.

Some recent additions to my playlist(s)

Amaranthe- Drop Dead Cynical

Kamelot- When The Lights Are Down

Blacklight District- With Me Now.(This is a band I literally stumbled across randomly on youtube, and I really loved this song!)

Eyes Set To Kill- Infected

Apocalyptica- Harmageddon (Or anything Apocalyptica for that matter)

I got these awhile back. Not the best for running, but they work great for lifting. I can even bench with them on. Super cheap too...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDPW0LA/

Hmm.  Looks like a good deal, but I don't think they'd work for me.  I really dislike having both ears covered.  I want to be able to hear what's going on around me.  That's why I keep looking for a decent single-ear wireless earphone.  I don't even need it to make calls!  Just play music.  Oh well.  

Keep on rockin! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I logged most of my milage when I was training for a marathon in college without headphones. My brain just picked out whatever song happened to fit my pace and played it over and over until I got bored of it, then went to the next song... hours on end!

I'll listen to just about anything in the gym... from Holst's Planets to Shakira.

Right now my "flow" running song is Promentory from Last of the Mohicans... something about that theme that keeps repeating, carrying you over the trails. 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I logged most of my milage when I was training for a marathon in college without headphones. My brain just picked out whatever song happened to fit my pace and played it over and over until I got bored of it, then went to the next song... hours on end!

I'll listen to just about anything in the gym... from Holst's Planets to Shakira.

Right now my "flow" running song is Promentory from Last of the Mohicans... something about that theme that keeps repeating, carrying you over the trails. 

I WAS going to actually post this too. I too have this on the list, and it absolutely helps me with endurance sessions.

One thing I listen to are motivational speeches, to help push me.

My workout playlist:

Rocky Main Theme

Going The Distance (Rocky) - Bill Conti

Training Montage (Rocky) - Vince DiCola

The Final Bell (Rocky) - Bill Conti

Burning Heart - Survivor

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

You've Got Time - Regina Spektor

Touch The Sky - Kanye West

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Monster - Kanye West

Take a Look Around - Limp Bizkit

Roar - Katy Perry

A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit) - Elvis Presley

Rock of Ages - DJ Schmolli

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

I Run For Life - Melissa Etheridge

Baba O'Reilly - The Who

Brick Halo - DJ Schmolli

Johnny's 99 Problems (But The Pot of Gold Ain't One) - DL Schmolli

Shut Up Brooklyn Sandman - DJ Schmolli

Word Crimes - Weird Al

Intergalactic - Beastie Boys

It's eclectic and fairly geeky. My workout involves some treadmill time and some weights, so some of the songs are better for running and others I use mainly for the weight routine.

• Like 1

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3

Yeah, when I run outside, I never use headphones. I want to be aware of my surroundings (ie cars) when running.

Hmm.  Looks like a good deal, but I don't think they'd work for me.  I really dislike having both ears covered.  I want to be able to hear what's going on around me.  That's why I keep looking for a decent single-ear wireless earphone.  I don't even need it to make calls!  Just play music.  Oh well.  

Keep on rockin! 

However, when I am in the gym, I get very distracted by either A) Terrible music or B) Terrible conversations. Headphones have helped me focus on the task at hand and not get distracted.

I am curious though how a newer Bluetooth earpiece would work. A quick Amazon search, and I found this...

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headset-JETech%C2%AE-Universal-Samsung/dp/B00OK247LC

According to the Q&A it streams music just fine!

• Like 1

My workout playlist:

Rocky Main Theme

Going The Distance (Rocky) - Bill Conti

Training Montage (Rocky) - Vince DiCola

The Final Bell (Rocky) - Bill Conti

Burning Heart - Survivor

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

You've Got Time - Regina Spektor

Touch The Sky - Kanye West

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Monster - Kanye West

Take a Look Around - Limp Bizkit

Roar - Katy Perry

A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit) - Elvis Presley

Rock of Ages - DJ Schmolli

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

I Run For Life - Melissa Etheridge

Baba O'Reilly - The Who

Brick Halo - DJ Schmolli

Johnny's 99 Problems (But The Pot of Gold Ain't One) - DL Schmolli

Shut Up Brooklyn Sandman - DJ Schmolli

Word Crimes - Weird Al

Intergalactic - Beastie Boys

It's eclectic and fairly geeky. My workout involves some treadmill time and some weights, so some of the songs are better for running and others I use mainly for the weight routine.

Going the Distance came on a random playlist I was streaming while running yesterday. So good!! Of course, I had to follow it up with "Eye of the Tiger" and "Don't Stop me Now"... I think we could be playlist buddies. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Going the Distance came on a random playlist I was streaming while running yesterday. So good!! Of course, I had to follow it up with "Eye of the Tiger" and "Don't Stop me Now"... I think we could be playlist buddies. 

You should check out the DJ Schmolli tracks on my playlist. If you dig those, we're playlist buddies for sure.

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3

I feel oddly awesome working out to instrumental music. Some of my personal favourites:

Like A Dog Chasing Cars (The Dark Knight OST)

A Dark Knight (The Dark Knight OST)

I'm Not A Hero (The Dark Knight Soundtrack)

And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad (The Dark Knight OST)

Aggressive Expansion (The Dark Knight OST)

Smooth Criminal (2CELLOS)

Arrow Theme (Arrow OST)

City In Ruins (Arrow OST)

Showdown (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II OST)

Lemurian Star (Captain America: The Winter Soldier OST)

The Winter Soldier (Captain America: The Winter Soldier OST)

The Enemy (The Amazing Spiderman 2 OST)

Black Widow Kicks Ass (Iron Man 2 OST)

Main Theme (Saw OST)

• Like 1

Ranger/Assassin Level 2

Strength: 4 | Dexterity: 1 | Stamina: 3 | Constitution: Wisdom: Charisma: 1

Paleo | Body weight workout | Weighlifting

Intro | Previous 6 Weeks Challenge | Current 6 Weeks Challenge

Starting weight: 180lbs

Current weight: 156.5lbs

Goal: +/- 140 lbs

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

As Steve Pulcinella puts it: some industrial machine with like 50 drums going off at once and some guy deepthroating a microphone. Also Two Steps From Hell and some game soundtracks like the Metal Gear Solid series kick some solid ass.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

Power and Heavy Metal MOSTLY, tho last night I couldn't stop listening to the Skyrim theme by Peter Hollens and Lindsey Stirling.

Skyrim Theme of Awesome

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%