Forums are back in action! ×

My lifetime career as a Royal Marine is riding on this, and I need help.

Right, hello everyone, not quite sure what to say here. I'll just tell you my past, and current situation. My past situation, things were okay, but had a lot of holes, my diet wasn't the best, my sleep was absolutely awful, and I was rather inconsistent with my training, I'd almost always make Running Club nights, but I'd pass my bodyweight/strength days a lot. Now my present, is worse. It's been since about October, and basically, whatever I have just mentioned, has got worse, and I have no idea how to lay down the tracks, and get on a train to my destination, I'm in that ditch next to the station, which I should have lost sight of months ago. I know there's a reason, but I just can't seem to find why I'm so inconsistent. I've tried breaking things down, trying to focus on one thing at a time, and yet, even that always seems to fail for one reason or another. I have about 5 months left to play with, that's it. I know my goals, and where I am at now, but I can just never seem to get there, so here's where I'm at now, and where I would like to be in 4-5 months time. 
All bodyweight target  exercises done to a bleep. pushups and situps test is two minutes long, got to get the maximum in that time.
Pushups, 60
Situps, 80
Pullups 10+

and my scores, are pushups =34, situps 40, and pullups =3.

I'm  comfortable and happy with my running, that's really not the issue here. However, ANY questions, I will gladly answer! 

So please anyone, just anyone, I'm really clutching at straws at home, and nothings changing, I need to have some rock for these waves to break on. You're my only hope. 

First off, Welcome to the Rebellion!

You will definitely find the help you need here. And you can make your proper introductions here

The respawn point is a great place to start for those that have fallen off the tracks. And its the first step in continuing your journey. 

Looks like you have some fairly reasonable goals you want to achieve. Its difficult finding a good workout plan. But here are a few different workout routines you may want to look at. Don't be afraid to ask about any questions on a routine, or bodyweight training and weightlifting

My advice: start a challenge. Its never to late to start. Here are the instructions for the challenge.  Its a lot to read, but basically all you need is a main quest and three goals to help you get to the quest. 

Its should look something like this:

Main Quest - be healthier

Goal 1 - workout 3-5 times a week

Goal 2 - sleep 8 hours a day

Goal 3 - eat healthy/ count calories

After you start your quest post a daily log in your challenge thread to keep track of everything and be more accountable. 

Best of luck!

• Like 1